The Developer Diaries of WarioWare Mega Microgames

That makes sense. But agreed with you very much there. In general though I just wish there was a little more story behind it. These are all cool characters that get pushed to the wayside.

This goes for Land too.

Before I continue on Wario's entries, I had the urge to translate the rest of the character's profiles. I hope it gives people a little more of a taste in what character they're interested in.

jimmy2.gif

Jimmy T.’s Profile
Name: Jimmy T.
Trick: Dancing, of course! I wonder if this is my groove?
Boast: My afro! Isn’t it super cool? In fact, this...no, the story will have to wait. Cheers for my nice ‘fro!
Hobby: Mobile e-mail (texting). Would you be my friend? OK! Raise up to the cool ringtones! YO!
About Wario: A friend of mine! He is also a childhood friend!
Word (Quote): If you watch my crazy dance moves, I’m sure you’ll be in high spirits! Oh yeah!!

mona2.gif

Mona’s Profile
Name: Mona
Occupation: Diamond City High School student. Part-time job at the gelato shop.
Favorite Animals: Cute and small animals. Butterfly larvae, beetle larvae, moth larvae. In particular, I love the moth larvae because its hair is bushy!
Like Type (My Type): People with crazy noses! And hairy too. I am attracted to shiny noses.
About Wario: He’s cool! Your nose is cute and wild! But recently, you haven’t exercised. It’s better to go have an adventure...
Word (Quote): My theme is “noses,” there’s no real reason I’m into noses. I’m interested in many things!

Dribble’s and Spitz’s Profiles

dribble.gif

Name: Dribble
Trick: Driving, of course! I like to show off my driving techniques and I never ride in a taxi!
Character: A super speed freak. I was like this even as a child!
About Spitz: He is my senior. But he always has his head down (sleeping) and is always quiet.
About Wario: I taught Wario how to drive. But he doesn’t quite remember me….
Word (Quote): I have pride in my job, and I’m also interested in the universe. But Spitz doesn’t know that.

spitz.gif

Name: Spitz
Trick: Driving, of course! When Dribble drives it’s a bit rough, but it feels good to ride fast!
Character: Calm. Because Dribble is a speed freak, I am calm and firm.
About Dribble: He is still a junior. He is still immature, but he has good markings and is a great partner.
About Wario: I work quite well with him. But he has no motivation.
Word (Quote): My hobby is to read science fiction novels, but Dribble doesn’t know that.

crygor2.gif

Dr. Crygor’s Self Research Report
Name: Dr. (Doctor) Crygor
Occupation: People call me a scientific genius… I am a genius, as a matter of fact!
Equipment: I have a survival (cryogenic) suit, which I have invented. Thanks to it, I keep my youth forever! Because I forgot to wrap my head in the suit, I am bald….
Subject of Research: Realism. The world is regrettable if it’s not realistic! I scold games!
Recent Study: Hair growth, and love. Quite difficult.
About Wario: He is an interesting study. By the way, I designed his bike. Oho!
Word (Quote): You, I guess you can be my assistant. The salary is not stable! It would be a little bit of a dangerous ordeal, too….

orbulon.gif

Orbulon’s Profile
Name: Orbulon
IQ: It’s 300! On Earth, it seems very amazing!
Profession: Alien. Recently, I came to Earth to conquer it. I decided to study Japanese to start with. Although my IQ is 300, I have a hard time with Japanese.
Special Skill: I am very clever. Puzzles that I let Earth people try are a cinch for me and hard for them.
About Wario: Ever since I crashed into his house with my space craft, we get along well.
Word (Quote): Selling a lot of games, Earth conquest, studying. Buying books to study with.

Kat and Ana’s Self-Introduction
kat2.gif

Name: Kat
Work: Diamond City kindergartner
Special Skill: Using shuirkens, disguising myself. I am a ninja of the Iga clan. My “chi” is flowing!
Favorite Things: Animals! They’re so cute. I especially like cats!
Dislikes: Filthy people!
About Wario: He's alright…. But he stinks!
Word (Quote): Ana and I are twins.

ana2.gif

Name: Ana
Work: Diamond City kindergartner
Special Skill: I cut things very well. It’s because my sis and I are ninjas!
Favorite Things: Flowers! They make everything pretty immediately.
Dislikes: Ghosts!
About Wario: He's alright… But I’m scared of him!!
Word (Quote): Kat, my sis, will make me cry sometimes. But if there’s ever an emergency, she comes to help me immediately! I love my sis!

That bit about Dr Crygor's recent studys is very enlightning, I always wondered why his experiments in the first game were seemingly chemical in nature, as opposed to mechanical like in the other games, those experiments being about love and hair growth and not his usual fare actually gives it some context.

I haven't forgotten this thread.

I've been struggling a little bit with the translations with a couple of 9-Volt’s entries. I have week 2 all set up though and am still going through the remaining entries on page 1.

This week, 9-Volt and co go to a barbecue and we celebrate 5-Volt's birthday. 9-Volt also likes cherry blossoms. :3

3/7 Friday
Today I’m taking a break from games and practicing DJing. I’m still working on getting better with my skills, so I’m not sure if I can DJ by myself.
Now, if Jimmy asked me to DJ at Club Sugar, maybe I’ll have to

3/8 Saturday
Wario invited everyone over for a barbecue and I went to it. Everyone brought their favorite foods. Since I like Nintendo, I brought mushrooms that looked like Super Mushrooms. I wanted to eat sweets and enjoy the barbecue, but Wario ended up eating all the food by himself. But then, Wario went through something painful. I hope he’s alright…?
Jimmy performed in the field later that night. I also wanted to participate as a DJ. I slept in a tent listening to “Until the Waves of Drifting Voice.” I had also brought my Game Boy Advance, but now I wonder how you can play it with everyone!

Note: the song title is what I’m presuming to be the theme that plays in Dribble and Spitz’s stage. The original page has a link that’ll take you to Dribble and Spitz’s part of the site to listen to the song. I have it linked but I can’t confirm for certainty as I don’t have a computer and my phone doesn’t support Flash player.

3/9 Sunday
This morning it was very cold. You shouldn’t go to bed in a tent on the beach in March. Wario made a reckless plan.
Wario is also strange in the morning. He suddenly became a good person, like he had gotten hit in the head. What was that, I wonder?
Ana caught a cold. Poor thing. But, spring is starting soon. Diamond City park becomes full of cherry blossoms in spring. I’m looking forward to it.

3/10 Monday
It’s raining today. It was hard to ride my skateboard to school. Because it was also raining a lot this afternoon, I played a game quietly at home.
I played Wave Race Blue Storm for the first time in a long time. The games beginning is difficult, but it’s Avery exhilarating game once you know how to play it. It really feels like you’re running on top of the sea! The rough waves in the race started to appear before the rain outside got heavier. Sooo thrilling!

3/11 Tuesday
When I saw the article for the GameCube version of F-Zero in a magazine, I decided to play the Nintendo 64 version, F-Zero X. F-Zero seems like most racing games (and is like Mario Kart if you play it with everyone). The overwhelming sense of speed is killing me!
The Nintendo 64 version had 3D courses and a good number of rivals. I wonder if the GameCube version will be the same? How fun!

3/12 Wednesday
Today I got to be a DJ in Club Sugar!
Jimmy danced while I arranged club versions of Nintendo background music (BGM). The collaboration between my DJing and Jimmy’s dancing made me satisfied! Jimmy is a very good dancer.
I got ring tones from Jimmy, though I don’t know the songs. They bear a likeness to Jimmy.

3/13 Thursday
Today is my mom’s birthday. I gave her a Game Boy Advance SP that I got from Wario! Since my mom loves games, I was very pleased. I wonder if everyone can buy it?
Wow.... I just wanna say thanks for doing this! I was just about to accept the fact that These Diaries are only in Japanese and that I'll never get to read them...that was until I discovered that some random person decided to translate everything for fun... what are the chances!
Also could you clarify Entry 3/13 from 9 volt? He gave his gameboy to his mom for her birthday but was "he" very pleased or did you mean his "mom" was very pleased? Thanks!

Back