The Food Thread

Ya know you see alot of ice cream characters with gumball eyes but the ugly look isn't the problem, its the fact that you put gumballs in my ice cream. I don't see the appeal since they clash. Even if the flavour matches the textures don't go with eachother. Cold melty ice cream and chewy gumballs? its can only look nice i'll give em' that. Too bad they messed that up too.

Ya know you see alot of ice cream characters with gumball eyes but the ugly look isn't the problem, its the fact that you put gumballs in my ice cream. I don't see the appeal since they clash. Even if the flavour matches the textures don't go with eachother. Cold melty ice cream and chewy gumballs? its can only look nice i'll give em' that. Too bad they messed that up too.

That's not ice cream it's " gogurt "

Wait, there aren't any? Here in Europe it is regarded a delicacy, though somewhat one the expensive side.

Would you really eat an animal that pushes it to the limit?

Maybe it's just where I live but I don't think I can eat something like Horse meat, but rabbit meat seems fair game so I guess it depends on where we grew up.

so I guess it depends on where we grew up.

Seems likely enought to me. For example, on my rice cracker with smoked horse meat and Tabasco recipe, where I live most people would consider the Tabasco sauce the strangest ingredient. Seriously, whenever I use Tabasco sauce people look strange at me, and if you use more than, say, three drops people begin to question your sanity.

Pretty sure JAWF is from The Neatherlands.

And it makes sense that horse meat would be taboo in the US : p Its a really valuable animal, at one time civilization depended on the animal. So eating a horse would have been a huge waste, haha. While not as important now, people probly just carried that way of thinking with them, the horse isnt an animal for eating : p

Id try it though, I guess. I will say though, it can totally be hard to eat an animal that you arent accustomed to eating. Like, in parts of South America people live on guinea pigs like we do cows. While theres nothing wrong with eating animals, it feels weird and would be a bit hard to do, living in a land where guinea pigs are pets.
Im not really in a hurry to try a guinea pig : p Can live without knowing what its like, haha.

Pretty sure JAWF is from The Neatherlands.

And it makes sense that horse meat would be taboo in the US : p Its a really valuable animal, at one time civilization depended on the animal. So eating a horse would have been a huge waste, haha. While not as important now, people probly just carried that way of thinking with them, the horse isnt an animal for eating : p

Id try it though, I guess. I will say though, it can totally be hard to eat an animal that you arent accustomed to eating. Like, in parts of South America people live on guinea pigs like we do cows. While theres nothing wrong with eating animals, it feels weird and would be a bit hard to do, living in a land where guinea pigs are pets.
Im not really in a hurry to try a guinea pig : p Can live without knowing what its like, haha.

I do understand about the guinea pig thing considering over here in America we treat them as pets and not as food. Parts of South America like Peru they do eat guinea pigs as well as neighboring countries, in my parents country they also seem to eat armadillo's over here in America don't think armadillo is part of any restaurant seems a bit weird to me.

Saltines W/ cheese and iced tea soothes my soul.

Speaking of soothing my soul my pop always made Rice w/ condoles and pernil on the side. Man where they fantastically fantastic. Sometimes he added avocado or kalimari on the side.

So good:SPopcorn

Why didn't i ask him to teach me before moving out on my own? Its one of the thing i'll regret if i don't learn it.

Back