The Mario Party Series

I remember that too. I also found it interesting that since Toad wasn't playable in Mario Party 3, his portait is seemingly taken from Mario Party 5.

Still, I find it funny that they would use a rather older but not old enough render in what almost seems like a halfhearted attempt to make Toad fit in.

The Japanese players would destroy us all.

It may be that they want us to have fun with people right next to us rather than people we aren't with.

Wario_MP100.png

That update for the old Super Mario 64 DS render is pretty bitchin'.

http://marioparty100.nintendo.com/
View attachment 5063

It seems that there will be board gameplay in some fashion after all, though something tells me it's not going to be anything particulary big.

The fact it mentions turns at least hints cars won't be in this.

Which is good. As is everything except how the game is coming to the 3DS instead of the Switch. I mean, party games don't really suit handheld titles. They suit home consoles.

Why Nintendo didn't make this a Switch game I don't know...

Y'know regardless what the board game aspect is going to be like it seems that the minigame collection focus is going to be the bigger focus here and if that's the case then I hope that the game has some decent minigame modes to offer, since that aspect of the series has been heavily neglected after Mario Party 9.

Quadruple post jesus christ

Yah know Toad being a boss in Slot Car Derby is a nice homage to Mario Party 1's Minigame Island finale, but it makes him not being fully playable even lamer.

Back