The Official Wario Fan Games List!

Here's a throwback for you.....If any of you were around the Mario fan game community way back in the day, you may remember "Super Mario Vs. NWO (New Wario Order) World Tour", developed by Biebersoft.

supermario-nwo.jpg

I just had to include this here, simply because it's a relic of history. By today's standards it's absolute garbage, but believe it or not back in the day this game was considered one of the best Mario fan games out there.

http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=317

Holy smokes I actually played that one when I was like eight, it was on a disc full of old Mario fangames that I ran across on a fleamarket and I even still have it :
5nk5e9.jpg

That was before I used the internet, so the concept of Mario games on the PC blew my mind back in the day. From what I recall it was one of the more interesting ones, but also very bizzar with things like the ending where Mario becomess a deity like figure. Regardless of how bad it probably is nowadays it did manage to stick in my head, alongside this one :

Not gonna lie seeing these again gives me the oddest sense of nostalgia.

Holy smokes I actually played that one when I was like eight, it was on a disc full of old Mario fangames that I ran across on a fleamarket and I even still have it :
5nk5e9.jpg

That was before I used the internet, so the concept of Mario games on the PC blew my mind back in the day. From what I recall it was one of the more interesting ones, but also very bizzar with things like the ending where Mario becomess a deity like figure. Regardless of how bad it probably is nowadays it did manage to stick in my head, alongside this one :

Not gonna lie seeing these again gives me the oddest sense of nostalgia.

Oh wow...and I thought I'd seen everything.

I'm almost jealous...I wish I had a strange disc filled with bizarre Mario fan games from the late '90s/early '00s
Wario Yes Please.PNG

Also, are you guys familiar with Super Mario Bros. and The Midas Machine? It's a fan game currently in development that, among others, features a playable Wario (as well as Waluigi) complete with his signature Wario Land moves and power-ups.

I can safely say this is the best looking Mario/Wario fangame I've ever seen. It could pass for official. Hell, it actually looks BETTER and more original than any official Mario platformer in a long time. Problem is it's been in development for years with no sign of being complete.

201410280115160.10.png
201411011201560.36.png
201411011237110.52.png
201411011237380.48.png
201411011240100.93.png
201411011325040.75.png

201411011329070.73.png
201411011353170.06.png
201411011404550.88.png

http://www.mfgg.net/midasmachine/

It is a pity, in my opinion, how only games in the style of Wario games have been made by fans.
Take Pokemon, it has inspired original works like Pokeheroes and Pokefarm Q.

What do you mean by that? There are certainly quite a few Wario fan games with Wario Land/Ware style gameplay.

It's just a smaller scene than with most franchises, that's all.

For example, all the fan games are in the 'style' of the actual games.

Other franchises have inspired original works that take the games' systems and implement them differently.
Once again, Pokeheroes and Pokefarm Q do not play like real Pokemon games.

Honestly y'all sleeping on Master Of Disguise, that could be a good idea for a fan game, or maybe like a rom hack of Master Of Disguise but it's Majora's Mask, I had that idea when I was playing Majora's Mask.

Back