[Upcoming Game] To those who played WarioWare: Move It, what are your thoughts so far?

What did you like, dislike, and what did you wish was in the game?

• I liked the Smooth Moves gameplay and seeing the characters again. I enjoyed seeing
    Cractus from WL4 and the new purple Pyoro character.
    In the SM64DS microgame, I laughed at the new
    Mario voice.
  • I don't like the new Wario voice, but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Also, I think they should get rid of the optional 2nd chance pose, when you get a Game Over.
  • I wished the game had the coin system unlockables and some version of GiT Wario Cup.

The motion controls are really not doing it for me. The game is very finnicky about the exact position and orientation of the joycons, and being dyspraxic, that's kind of a problem. And even when you eventually master the poses, it never feels quite as fast or intuitive as it should be.

Smooth Moves had the occasional jank but this is way worse.

The motion controls are really not doing it for me. The game is very finnicky about the exact position and orientation of the joycons, and being dyspraxic, that's kind of a problem. And even when you eventually master the poses, it never feels quite as fast or intuitive as it should be.

Smooth Moves had the occasional jank but this is way worse.
Yeah, even with the example model of the person holding the joy-con, I would squint trying to figure out the exact way the joy-cons should be facing. There are some archer microgames that I still haven't figured out how to play.

I have not played the game yet but yee, sometimes I would have trouble in Smooth Moves with the controls so I hope they are more responsive in this game.

I believe this game could really have used some extra time in the oven given the absolute paucity of single player (and to a lesser extent, co-op) content, like the lack of missions or collectibles. At least what was there was a blast, though...

I believe this game could really have used some extra time in the oven given the absolute paucity of single player (and to a lesser extent, co-op) content, like the lack of missions or collectibles. At least what was there was a blast, though...
Yeah, I wish the collectibles were included as an essential part for every WarioWare entry.

Smh I haven't actually gotten the game myself but kind of disappointing that it's not the best single player experience since I would have no one to play it with regularly.

I've finally gotten the game in my collection and I love it, but there's a lot to be improved. The microgames themself are INCREDIBLE, i find them super unique and fun! But the controls are WAY too finnicky. Sometimes it'll just slingshot me back to the default position for no reason. Additionally Wario's voice in this is just 100% straight ass, I can't take him seriously or even humorously anymore, he's just kind of a lame pirate voice now. The art style and animation is also a massive improvement too but I still think it could be better. Overall though? Really fun game with a lot of charm to it but definitely could've had a lot more.

(bonus edit) I also think the sense of humor in this game is a big improvement to get it together & Gold! there actually feels like there's a structure to it and the idea of Wario accidentally breaking into this ancient haunted tribe for example is really funny. That's one thing i fully loved!

Last edited:
Honestly it’s everything I hoped for in a Smooth Moves sequel. Kevin Afghani is good as Wario and I’m sure he’ll become even better the more he voices him (hopefully we can get a new Wario platformer where he talks a lot like Wario World)

Only problem I had is that some microgames really weren’t clear on what you were supposed to do sometimes, but overall Move It! is 100% my second favorite WarioWare game now.

Well, I think the game has been out long enough for me to give my thoughts. At first, I have to say I was disappointed by the lack of content, and I still am to a certain extent. I definitely feel like it is the worst part of the game, that there is not more of it lol. It really does feel like the most barebones experience out of all the mainline games of the series, especially since there are no target scores required for each of the microgames, which gives extra replay value. But it makes sense since Smooth Moves did the same, with there being motion controls and all. I am wondering if you get something for getting all the different poses? That would definitely add more, but I am unsure if there even is anything. Just the fact that there are only two single-player minigames on top of the microgames is kinda disappointing since Smooth Moves at least had like 6 or something. But the multiplayer mode is super fun, they really went all out with it. I especially love playing Listen to the Doctor with the fam, the amount of callbacks to other things in the series like that is golden. I do not mind the new Wario voice that much I guess, but I still need to get used to it. It was just super surprising that he got a new one in the first place.

The microgames this time around are undoubtably some of the best in the series, there are so many that put a smile on my face (too many to list!) when I finally get them right since sometimes there is the occasional control jank. Especially the art style of them, I have been waiting for them to make a new game where there is a lot of weird looking 3D models in the microgames for a while and they finally did it! Even if there is not as much charm with the form descriptions as there was in Smooth Moves, it is still great to see the references to that game since it was my first WarioWare as a kid. I just love how no two games in the series are alike in terms of aesthetics. And they finally gave the bomb room to breathe instead of having to be all the way in the corner lol. The Nintendo Classics games were great this time around too. I love how they added the tag-in mechanic for multiplayer too, so that way it can give both players a fair shot to complete the game, I do not even mind that not all microgames are two player this time around. The ones where the two players use different forms to work together are the best (like Match Cut, Batter Up, Presents of Mine, Cormorant Catch, etc.), super creative!!

It is super rewarding to finally see Nintendo using the capabilities of the Switch in a fun way like this… 6 years after the system came out lol (not counting 1-2 Switch which just looks like a tech demo to me, this game has infinitely more amounts of character). Especially the Hand Model ones. It makes sense for them to have one game for Switch Lite players and another for everyone else, even though WarioWare: Get it Together! feels more like a complete game. The fact that this is the first time we get two mainline games on the same system since the GBA is awesome. I love the return of full voice acting even if there is not as much dialogue, and the fact that now each of the stories has an actual conclusion, unlike the previous game (which was super weird). Not to mention the Wario Land and Rhythm Heaven characters, that was awesome to see, and I really hope that those games get their much-needed comebacks. The dubs that this game got were awesome too, Nintendo did a great job hiring great voice actors! I do not mind that Ashley and 9-Volt got new VAs in the Latin American dub, they still suit the characters. The localization for the Megagame Muscles song was awesome, that mode is so wonderfully frantic and I always use its theme to get me hyped when I work out. Overall fantastic. The game has certainly grown on me and I am so happy they made it. It is an incredible game and I could not recommend it more despite its brief shortcomings, it is just outstanding!!

Do not actually put stockings on your head.

Back