Tunes That Spark Your Spirits

You know I had to make a post.

Another great feeling of music to contribute to. There's so many themes in games that get me going and so it's hard to pick so for this I decided to follow the format of themes in order of when they play in games. That is. starting with introductory themes and ending with final boss themes in order to get a wide variety. I elected to pick from a wide variety of games and to go for many different feelings.

So to start...

For it's time, this Castlevania game's music deviated quite drastically from previous games. While still catchy, it was a lot more pop and contemporary sounding. This theme is a really energetic intro to the game that perfectly sets the tone of that game that differentiates it from other Castlevania games and also gets one pumped along with that amazing intro.

One of my favorite kinds of themes in games are these "preparation" themes, themes that often play right before a level starts and often gives you options before you start a level. They're typically not as energetic as other themes but definitely set the stage for a serious feelings and make you feel like you're a military commander contemplating what moves to make before you decide or something like that. Out of all these themes that I've encountered, this one is just the most memorable to me. Simple but effective.

A rather unconventional theme for one of the final levels in a game. It definitely doesn't have a "this is it" or "almost near the end" feeling. Rather, as emphasized by the "go" samples, it's a theme that just makes you want to keep going without stopping for anything. A pretty typical feeling for a Sonic theme but I feel like this one epitomizes that feeling the most.

Quite simply a classic example of a "comeback" theme. The kind of theme that plays when the hero realizes he's not alone and is reinvigorated with a new sense of being able to overcome the big bad.

This is the rather obscure choice I picked as the final boss theme for this selection. I wanted this to be something a bit different and yet still fitting for a final boss theme. Although from a shoot em up game, this theme I feel could fit in many different kinds of games with a final boss. It's an immense sounding theme that is supposed to represent squaring off with a literal God and I feel like it accomplishes that feeling perfectly. A very intimidating theme and yet has a sound with a smidge of hope for the protagonist in the bridge.
From the composer
"This is Kanako Yasaka's theme.
This is a strange god who makes all human and youkai her friends with an overwhelming power.
I composed a part which makes you feel awe towards a god, and a part which makes you feel the gravity of history.
Anyhow, it's a playful tune which possesses ample reckless abandon."

Last edited:
Looking back at the selection I made, I kind of feel like I overdid it with dramatic pieces. With that in mind, I present a new selection that has more of an emphasis on sounding uplifting and victorious.

I don't have a whole lot to say this time around since this is more homogeneous than my usual offerings.

Hiii!!! One of the most <3 tunes that spark my lovely spirits is themost beautiful song~

*sparkle thoughts*^^
It is just a beautiful game and it reminds of when I was a little kid and my big brother would always play this game and would always refer to me as dixie <3

I use to turn the game on to listen to this and explore under my bed hoping to find something crazy like treasure and make new memories. I listen to this on my ipod now everyday and it helps me sleep at night and helps me feel really good about my spirit <3<3 i love DONKEY KONG games so much!!!

Hiii!!! One of the most <3 tunes that spark my lovely spirits is themost beautiful song~

*sparkle thoughts*^^
It is just a beautiful game and it reminds of when I was a little kid and my big brother would always play this game and would always refer to me as dixie <3

I use to turn the game on to listen to this and explore under my bed hoping to find something crazy like treasure and make new memories. I listen to this on my ipod now everyday and it helps me sleep at night and helps me feel really good about my spirit <3<3 i love DONKEY KONG games so much!!!

I love this song SO much! ^_^ It's such a calming song that makes you want to forget about all bad things. If only these levels weren't so damn hard so the song doesn't get interrupted by the lost-a-live-tune before the awesomeness really kicks in. :wargrr:

Dis Liddle Dity always makes me ready to conquer the challenges of living day to day life, at least the beginning of the day, old battle themes tend to be only so inspiring but at least this i one of my favourite battle themes on the NES so its good enough for me to post about it.

Oh man, if there's any kind of music that puts an evil smile to my face, it's music that sounds so evil and menacing. There is just something about evil like music that makes me feel so... evil! Makes me want to walk out to the exterior of the tallest building and look at the universe I just conquered. And no better music to put than Living Failures from Bloodborne!

Seriously! Imagine just walking out and seeing the destruction especially around 2:54 to 3:33 that you and your army caused as you finally won and outsmarted every opposing force. The feeling that you just showed the whole universe what utter defeat looks like just puts an evil smile on my face.
(This is totally not a concept I'm making for a game I would love to make)

Thinking of dusting this thread off a bit. I'm a big fan of Godzilla and giant monster movies and a lot of the music has stuck with me for most of my life. I'll post one of my favorites that has always gotten me excited since I was a young child.

Just a really awesome swinging big band sounding theme.

Back