Unpopular Opinions for Everything Else

It frustrates and annoys me too, but on the other hand, I don't really mind if a game is extremely hyped about, as long as it's actually good.
But then again, some of my absolute indie favourites like Shovel Knight and Shantae did become successful game series on their own, without being massively hyped about, and are both of very high quality, even for "regular" game's standards, which proves that games that are only marginally hyped can be just as successful.

I can understand the enthusiasm of many fans, but that doesn't mean that something is better only for being massively blown out of proportion.

I agree with ya two. They do really deserve all the praise they get, since they are games from a small indie company and actual fun ones to say at least. Yes, the endless videos of those ” gamer reactions of that scene from Henry Stickmin ” or another ” Among Us memes ” video popping in the recomendations randomly can get really annoying and frustrating fast, i understand you. But honestly, those two are pretty good games, so they do deserve praise.

Besides, Among Us on app store is free after all, so that’s a big plus. Yes, there is ads if you won’t buy anything, but still, it is small and you can play the game freely otherwise.

Last edited:
Many people are criticizing how over-sensationalised the US elections are, and that they are specifically organised in such a way to maximalise entertainment value, and while that's certainly true, I don't see this as a bad thing, as it keeps people interested in politics and gives them a feeling of "My vote matters" and as such keeps them to have faith in democracy and encourages them to vote.

And besides, it seems to be an all-American thing to make any important event into a big party.

Unpopular opinion(s):
1. I think Super Mario Sunshine is one of the best Mario games out there since mainly nostalgia and I prefer the style, feel, and platforming challenges.
2. I'm not a big fan of Wario Land 4, but I don't hate it. Either call it odd or just weird, but I do enjoyWario: Master of DIsguise.
3. In Banjo-Kazooie, I think Rusty Bucket Bay is easy and not as hard as everyone anticipates. Sure, the Engine Room can be very aggravating, but it seems to be a cake walk for me. (I have played both versions of the game and yes I think the N64 version is a bit more difficult since notes aren't saved and are rather a high score.)

Unpopular opinion(s):
1. I think Super Mario Sunshine is one of the best Mario games out there since mainly nostalgia and I prefer the style, feel, and platforming challenges.
2. I'm not a big fan of Wario Land 4, but I don't hate it. Either call it odd or just weird, but I do enjoyWario: Master of DIsguise.
3. In Banjo-Kazooie, I think Rusty Bucket Bay is easy and not as hard as everyone anticipates. Sure, the Engine Room can be very aggravating, but it seems to be a cake walk for me. (I have played both versions of the game and yes I think the N64 version is a bit more difficult since notes aren't saved and are rather a high score.)
Wrong thread. :P
Here's the one you're looking for. Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Most pop music isn't bad per se, it's just that it is produced in a style that doesn't do justice to the original composition.
Take the song I'm Blue for example: It is a typical 90's eurodance song with tons of synths and vocoder, which some may like but many don't, yet when you listen to an instrumental version, it sounds much more sad, poignant and melancholic.

Take a listen for yourself:

This is hardly surprising once you know that I'm Blue started out as just the piano riff with the rest of the song being built around this original composition. There are more examples of pop songs that IMO sond way better when you listen to the melody itself, such as Lady Gaga - Poker Face, Shakira - Whenever Wherever, Ariana Grande - One Last Time, and many other mediocre pop songs where the instrumental melody sounds better than the actual song. But maybe that's just because I listen a lot to trance music, where the music itself is the main focus of the piece and lyrics are either nonexistent or of secondary importance. However, I've had this opinion before I got into instrumental electronic music though.

I like pineapple pizza, bluegrass is better than country, pauline from mario is overrated, and in call of duty i prefer the modern warfare characters (soap, price, ghost) over the black ops ones (mason, woods, bowman)

Wario fans on pineapple on pizza:
1691718138437.png

Mario fans on pineapple pizza:
1691718173267.png

Most pop music isn't bad per se, it's just that it is produced in a style that doesn't do justice to the original composition.
Take the song I'm Blue for example: It is a typical 90's eurodance song with tons of synths and vocoder, which some may like but many don't, yet when you listen to an instrumental version, it sounds much more sad, poignant and melancholic.

Take a listen for yourself:

This is hardly surprising once you know that I'm Blue started out as just the piano riff with the rest of the song being built around this original composition. There are more examples of pop songs that IMO sond way better when you listen to the melody itself, such as Lady Gaga - Poker Face, Shakira - Whenever Wherever, Ariana Grande - One Last Time, and many other mediocre pop songs where the instrumental melody sounds better than the actual song. But maybe that's just because I listen a lot to trance music, where the music itself is the main focus of the piece and lyrics are either nonexistent or of secondary importance. However, I've had this opinion before I got into instrumental electronic music though.

EXTREMELY late but one of the best examples for this to me is the band The Postal Service, who create pop riffs but use really authentic instrument mixes and unfiltered vocals, which creates a really melancholic and beautiful feel. Take for example Brand New Colony, one of my favorite songs

Also europop fuckin ROCKS, to compare I'm Blue to Gaga is kinda disrespectful ;-_-

Back