Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Nah, more because Nintendo and their fans made a huge deal about how 'different' they were and they were more ethical than the competition on mobile and yet now... they're doing the exact same crap. Funny that.

I still hope Nintendo never decides to go all in on mobile, otherwise that's it. I'm done with the company for good.

As I see it, every minute of work spent on making a mobile game is a minute wasted as they could well have spent a minute on creating a quality console game.

Nah, more because Nintendo and their fans made a huge deal about how 'different' they were and they were more ethical than the competition on mobile and yet now... they're doing the exact same crap. Funny that.

I still hope Nintendo never decides to go all in on mobile, otherwise that's it. I'm done with the company for good.
What if they went multiplat with Xbox and Playstation?

I'm gonna say something truly unpopular compared to what you guys have said.

While I'm displeased with how Nintendo does monetization to a degree I'm not exactly disgusted or anything with Nintendo and I can understand it to a degree. Nintendo tried to make the mobile market work for them with Super Mario Run and it really didn't work. They're late to the game and they pretty much can't write the rules when companies like Tencent are the ones who hold all the cards while writing the rules as well. I'm not trying to be a Nintendo apologist but I'm not angry or disgusted or anything with Nintendo.

That being said Mario Kart Tour is truly a mess.

Here's the most unpopular gaming opinion EVER

I would prefer nothing I like to get in smash bros because I am a hipster contrarian who dislikes it when anything I like becomes popular
(Not my actual opinion but it is somewhat true to a degree)

This one is a bit meta, but I don't usually consider anything that is not explicitly mentioned or shown in games to be canon.

For example, although Miyamoto confirmed it, I refuse to believe that Super Mario Bros. 3 was only a stage play. Nor do I think that the Mario RPG games take place in the same universe as the main games do.
I also highly question Mario's official age of twenty-six. I think he's considerably older. However, I do accept that Luigi is a bit younger than Mario.

This one is a bit meta, but I don't usually consider anything that is not explicitly mentioned or shown in games to be canon.

For example, although Miyamoto confirmed it, I refuse to believe that Super Mario Bros. 3 was only a stage play recounting the first Mario game's events, no less. Because I totally didn't save 7 of the same guy, it was totes all these illustrious kings. Nor do I think that the Mario RPG games take place in the same universe as the main games do are you serious, that's a thing? how in the fuck is that possible. well, i guess it's within the realm of possibility but like wouldn't it get brought up in BIS when Bowser's like aw fuck gotta work with Mario again???
I also highly question Mario's official age of twenty-six. I think he's considerably older. However, I do accept that Luigi is a bit younger than Mario
I myself am of the persuasion that Mario was twenty-six in the original Donkey Kong, and that in-canon it's been at least a decade.

Wario's definitely actually twenty-six, though, because he decided he didn't feel like aging anymore.

The Mario Kart DS Rainbow Road theme is the best of the series. Or better than MK64 Rainbow Road theme, at least.

Just realised how awesome this track actually is, and how much nostalgia it has to me. How many times I fell of the road, and how many times I tried to drift in the loop and corkscrew. (Tip - Not possible.)

Last edited:
It's certainly an awesome track with some great music.

That said, here's a related thought I had which may or may not be unpopular:

Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road is the best in the series, and Mario Kart 8 is one of the worst. The former just felt so epic at the time, whereas the latter felt more like a generic space station track than a Rainbow Road one, and didn't use the anti gravity aspect anywhere near as much as it should have done.

Either way, Double Dash, DS and Wii all have good Rainbow Road tracks too.

I dont think a high difficulty is what makes games fun.

I mean, some difficulty is needed, just pressing a button isnt fun at all. But a game that makes you feel frustrated so much that you want to pull your hair out isnt fun at all. Some people just want a relaxing escape when they play a game.

This doesn't mean that we should shame anyone who DOES get a kick out of beating a super hard game, obviously. But not everyone enjoys video games for its competitive spirit or for bragging rights. Some people just like to escape into a fantasy.

(Im sure that in todays world, where arcade games are a distant past, this is pretty well known now, but I wanted to post it anyway)

I mean, some difficulty is needed, just pressing a button isnt fun at all. But a game that makes you feel frustrated so much that you want to pull your hair out isnt fun at all. Some people just want a relaxing escape when they play a game.

This doesn't mean that we should shame anyone who DOES get a kick out of beating a super hard game, obviously. But not everyone enjoys video games for its competitive spirit or for bragging rights. Some people just like to escape into a fantasy.

(Im sure that in todays world, where arcade games are a distant past, this is pretty well known now, but I wanted to post it anyway)

Yeah, I agree with this.

And based on the fact we're on a forum about the Wario series, I suspect most people here do too. None of the games in the Wario Land or WarioWare series are difficult games. In fact, some would say the Wario Land games are some of the easiest 2D platformers around, with only Kirby and the later Yoshi games having a more relaxed vibe to them.

But they're great fun none the less. Wario Land 4 is a fantastic platformer which makes you feel good every time you play it, and I suspect the more chilled out tone likely has a lot to do with that. It's not throwing you in life or death situations every two minutes, it's giving you time to explore open levels and find secrets at your own pace, with bottomless pits completely absent altogether.

Hell, the Emerald Passage in general is this personified (locationified?), with even the music having a chill and relaxed feel to it:

Still, may as well give my own unpopular game opinion, which just happens to be on a very similar topic.

Basically, I just don't really enjoy competitive games all that much to be honest. I get it, I get why they're popular. Super Smash Bros is awesome, and the same goes for all those other fighting games, FPS games, battle royale games and what not.

But I've never really enjoyed that type of thing myself. I've kept trying to get invested in that type of game, but never really liked the whole 'playing online against others' thing all that much, nor practicising for tournaments or what not.

Instead, I've always preferred co-op multiplayer overall. It's why the ScareScraper in Luigi's Mansion 2 and 3 is one of the things I use my Nintendo Network account for the most.

100% true. As a matter of fact, my favourite video games can all be readily placed in the ''easy peasy'' category, and I usually like the more easy ones from a series the most. I am the kind of guy that plays games mainly for fun, relaxation, and as a means of escapism from daily life. All of these obviously work better when the game doesn't try too hard to impede your progress.
Not only that, but I also admittedly am the kind of person to get frustrated fairly easily, although this differs greatly from game to game. The DKC games for example, are quite hard, but since I know I'm going to have a hard time, I won't frustrate me when I get a game over. The games that do tend to annoy me are actually the ones that are mostly very easy, but have a few unexpectedly much more difficult parts.
However, this does not mean that I dislike hard games. It's just that I prefer my games to be challenging yet enjoyable, a sometimes delicate balance.

100% true. As a matter of fact, my favourite video games can all be readily placed in the ''easy peasy'' category, and I usually like the more easy ones from a series the most. I am the kind of guy that plays games mainly for fun, relaxation, and as a means of escapism from daily life. All of these obviously work better when the game doesn't try too hard to impede your progress.
Not only that, but I also admittedly am the kind of person to get frustrated fairly easily, although this differs greatly from game to game. The DKC games for example, are quite hard, but since I know I'm going to have a hard time, it won't frustrate me when I get a game over. I'm kind of like that with Dark Souls. I remember one time I explicitly switched over to it because Crash Bandicoot 2 was making me so fucking mad. The games that do tend to annoy me are actually the ones that are mostly very easy, but have a few unexpectedly much more difficult parts.
One game that immediately sticks out in my mind when you say that is Pac-Man World. It's got a couple of bosses that, while not so much a problem for me anymore due to my achieved borderline mastery of the game, are still immensely difficult compared to the rest of the game. The title's two hardest bosses are in Worlds 2 and 3, and the second set of worlds can't be unlocked until you beat all three from the first set. The third boss, King Galaxian, would be absolutely brutal for anyone who didn't know you can fire up to three projectiles by rolling over X, [ ] and O with your thumb. I still have a tough time with this one. The second boss, Anubis Rex, is a boss taking place over four phases, with each phase lasting one hit point, and for every hit point another obstacle appears. First it's just bits of molten rock the lava spits up onto the platforms-- easy enough. Then in the second phase comets start flying down. The third phase sees little black tornadoes that appear and head down whichever lane Pac-Man is facing. The final phase sees the Sphinx thing's crystal start shooting a twin-beam laser across the playing field in a horizontal sweep. Lots of stuff to dodge there.
However, this does not mean that I dislike hard games. It's just that I prefer my games to be challenging yet enjoyable, a sometimes delicate balance.
here here

Why do you think that? What sucks about it?
Didn't play the original, but I've played enough single player games, here are my complains:
  1. Jill can't run, she can only drunk trip.
  2. She does run only when a zombie stands on front of her.
  3. Big problem with the second feature, she always backs off and runs away when aiming, even with the zombie standing far.
  4. The camera is the worst, is with RE6's awkwardness, it's so delayed you have to wait a day for her to turn around.
  5. Is it normal the zombies take a 100 bullets to kill?
  6. The knife is useless.
  7. You think photorealistic textures will improve everything? Look at her face at close detail:
312B4622CE9E2747628F6EC4FDA6C41512CC44F2

7EE9BD95441539A7E345439FD7748867D05912AF

Would Capcom listen to any of this? Of course not! Even if they commit the biggest fuck up in the industry, Nintendo will pay the fees of their characters in Smash. They're on the same boat with Konami.

Hmm, that sounds disappointing. Especially given they apparently gave the game to a B team to develop rather than using the same one as the Resident Evil 2 remake.

Still, got a new unpopular opinion now...

I never really cared much for FlipNote.

It's just a messaging program where you can draw images, and only has any appeal because it's on the 3DS rather than because it's particularly good in of itself.

Back