Videogame Songs and Covers

JoeKarta

Bucket Head
Fan and official songs/covers, post 'em here.

These are some of my personal favorites:

If you have ever finished a Mother game than listen to this, u wil cri evry tim. First you have to read the lyrics though, cause otherwise you have no idea what they are singing about. I don't know about you, but I had to. This song is part of an official Mother CD, only released in Japan (like almost everything Mother related).

This is a remake of brentalfloss' Mega Man 2 with lyrics. I have never played any official Mega Man game (though I should) this still is nice to hear. I especially like that Brent still uses the lyrics from the original that feature guy smiley and Bill O'Reilly at 2:50.

I already liked the Nintendo Land theme and this cover just makes it more awesome.

Last edited:
Some of the most amusing covers of Nintendo songs are those that try and put lyrics with songs that don't have them:

If you want more serious covers, well, maybe try this one:

It's a pretty epic cover of Antasma's battle theme from Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

Most of my favorite video game song covers come from the world of good ol' Mega Man:

The official Mega Man 10 Image soundrack is very golden too:

And of course, can't talk about remixes without bringing up one of the two Mega Man themed bands :

Last edited:
I can't believe I didn't mention this one:
The very somber ending of Mega Man 2 always gave the implication that Rock felt remorseful for having to destroy the robot masters, but the Megas' take on it drives that to a whole new level.

Not really any "song" or "cover" but I made this post up while looking at the thread and I couldn't find a thread on this site to put it in so I think I'll just litter it here.:whistle: (and maybe this post will find a better home.d:oops:)

Heard this in the KH:DDD demo title screen and loved it. V

This is a beautiful remix of Butter Building. It makes me think of a sunset by the beach (Probably because it plays on the halberd stage.) Another Brawl Kirby remix. This is an awesome remix to the classic Kirby song. This has made me appreciate speed metal music. A classic song and the theme of my favourite gaming character.

As you can see I adore brawl's soundtrack especially the kirby remixes.

I currently can't stop listening to both the ingame version and the vocal remix of Schezo's theme from Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary:

I'd just like to point out that yes, these do indeed come from a Puzzle game series.

Man, the original, unused soundtrack for Burnout 3 kicks a lot of ass.

good thing the game supports custom soundtrack. The licensed tracks they went with in the final game sound pretty lame.

Back