Wario Forums is back, sort of...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Yeah. As you can tell, it's now back online. However, a few updates about the site I need to tell people:

1. Anything from the last revival is gone. This is because of database corruption and hosting problems. We should be mostly sorted now.

2. Wario Weekly isn't back yet. This is because I'm planning to reboot the site entirely. Read the next post for full info about what that means.

3. I will be redoing the style entirely soon. The current styles (both the yellow and blue ones) seem a bit too bright and over the top, and might be putting off some fans...

So yeah, now onto Wario Weekly. Here's why it's taking so long.

1. I'm planning to try a new software script for it. Namely, this one:

https://ghost.org/

I've heard good things about it, want to try something other than WordPress and need to revitalise the site a bit. However, it's purely a blog script, which will move me to point 2...

2. Wario Weekly will now be more of a news/articles/features site rather than an informational one. This is because of two things:

A: Mario Wiki (and other sites) already have most of the info. I'm not single handedly going to try and duplicate that... yet.

B: We need a fandom, not a knowledge base. So articles and features and news let us focus on things like fan art, fan games, fan fiction, the Wario community in general... you know, the stuff we should be supporting now that Nintendo seems to have basically given up on the franchise.

So yeah, more blog like focus. However...

we will still have information. It'll just probably be on the forums instead. Perhaps I'll add a database/wiki/whatever section here instead, so the actual Wario fans can contribute instead of hired staff.

Back