Wario Forums Rules and Guidelines (Updated 03/02/2019)

CaptainDrewBoy

9-Volt's ugly cousin
Coins
User Name Style Change
Styled Thread Title
9-Volt Plush!
I think we need a rule that prohibits future members from making their own personal posting dumps, to prevent talkative members like you-know-who [@tahutoa . He meant tahutoa.] from clogging up the ''latest posts'' section with a metric fuckton of posts that no one is going to reply to, and to encourage such members from actively partaking in conversation. Threads for personal art should be just fine.
I was JUST about to angrily comment before I saw the art thing. So...
I guess I agree.

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Insider
Coins
User Title Style Change
Gold Crown
Gold Bracelets
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
I think we need a rule that prohibits future members from making their own personal posting dumps, to prevent talkative members like you-know-who from clogging up the ''latest posts'' section with a metric fuckton of posts that no one is going to reply to, and to ancourage such members from actively partaking in conversation. Threads for personal art should be just fine.
Yes, or maybe just abide to the good old book of rules every forums used to have

Magma

Try to figure out what my move's gonna be
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Username Change
User Name Style Change
Sadly forum etiquette is becoming a lost art. Stuff like necroposting and doubleposting just aren't a thing among people who aren't used to forums.

Last edited:

MonaWare

"E.T. phone home" Magma
Diamond City Insider
Coins
User Name Style Change
Sadly forum etiquette is becoming a lost art. Stuff like necroposting and doubleposting just aren't a thing among people who aren't used to forums.
This isn't totally related to the current conversation, but I find that the double posting rule on alot of forums is often undefined. I think its often unclear on what constitutes as a doublepost, outside having two posts in a row.

I think there should be clearer rules on such a thing, like "if no one has posted after your last post in (some amount) of hours" or whatever

Ive also totally been guilty of double posting here, like times when my addition could have just been edited in my last post, but I was lazy and just wanted to get it posted quickly. Im totally guilty of breaking rules too

Magma

Diamond City Leader
Coins
Username Change
User Name Style Change
Yeah I'll admit double posting isn't clearly defined here. The instances in which it usually bugs me is when someone makes a second post maybe just minutes after they made their first post.

Just a Wario Fan

Still just a Wario fan.
Coins
Username Change
CD
Game BOI Advance - Pre-Sale Edition!
User Name Style Change
An Item
Stuff like necroposting and doubleposting
I beg your pardon, but what's wrong with so-called necroposting? It's an open forum here where people can bring up topics and reply to threads as they please. I'd be glad if more old threads resurfaced, and double-posting can sometimes be useful to bump an old thread when the last post of it happened to be yours.

Magma

Diamond City Leader
Coins
Username Change
User Name Style Change
When I was more active on forums back in 2007-2009 the usual etiquette was to not reply to threads that were very old(maybe months or even years without a new post) and that it was better to make a fresh new thread if you really wanted to continue a discussion.

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Insider
Coins
User Title Style Change
Gold Crown
Gold Bracelets
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
Yes, it keep activity going. Not only does it provide a fresh start but includes the new information from the previous thread. Like "Why is Wario fat" would continue as "Why does Wario eat so much" idk

Magma

Diamond City Leader
Coins
Username Change
User Name Style Change
I mean if you want a reason as to why

I see little sense in reply to a thread that hasn't had activity in 3 years and almost all the people who posted in the thread aren't even on the forums anymore

CaptainDrewBoy

9-Volt's ugly cousin
Coins
User Name Style Change
Styled Thread Title
9-Volt Plush!
I dunno. I think most people here have unknowingly broken a rule or two, mostly with accidental derails and stuff.
If we are to keep forums alive, we have to accept that the hard 'ettiquite' is becoming old, fast.

Just a Wario Fan

Still just a Wario fan.
Coins
Username Change
CD
Game BOI Advance - Pre-Sale Edition!
User Name Style Change
An Item
Can uderstand the resistance against bringing up old threads, an I agree on the ''most of them are inactive now'' argument, but we don't have to constantly make new threads whenever a thread sinks below page 2 on the forum list, do we? Some topics have been brought up numerous times with the only difference being a different thread title.

Magma

Diamond City Leader
Coins
Username Change
User Name Style Change
Can uderstand the resistance against bringing up old threads, an I agree on the ''most of them are inactive now'' argument, but we don't have to constantly make new threads whenever a thread sinks below page 2 on the forum list, do we? Some topics have been brought up numerous times with the only difference being a different thread title.
Alright well I didn't want to call out anyone but I guess I can't beat around the bush anymore. What CaptainDrewBoy did here is what I meant by necroposting and a particularly extreme example; reviving an ancient thread from 5 years ago. I agree that some threads don't have an expiration date but for discussing staff duties it's probably better to start a new thread considering the forums staff from 2014 is completely different from the staff we have now as back then it was just CM30 and ShyGuyXXL