new rom hack teaser. this is the first modified level to be added into the rom hack.

also when the OST is complete and all of the looping points are implemented, I will do a live stream event on my thoughts on each song that has been added in wario land 4 2.

I still think this would make for a good Outdoor Mystic Lake, even after all this time. It got shot down pretty early on but it's supposed to still make it in as Mystic Lake's CD. What do y'all non-developer blokes think? Some of you may even recognize it

I still think this would make for a good Outdoor Mystic Lake, even after all this time. It got shot down pretty early on but it's supposed to still make it in as Mystic Lake's CD. What do y'all non-developer blokes think? Some of you may even recognize it

This can work, and maybe for the other CDs, as I said, we can use the Unused versions of the songs that were put into consideration, but declined later. like Stereo Love for Arabian Nights. Oh wait.... the banks.... Yikes.

Hmm, seems actual level making has started. Or at least, boss room making,

Any actual normal level footage yet?

Hmm, seems actual level making has started. Or at least, boss room making,

Any actual normal level footage yet?
Not at the moment. It is painful to wait for updates for ssp's level maker program especially when saving is unstable, and i cant trust myself with it. On top of that, ideas for each leve.

I just thought up of another idea for the levels. When you hit the frog switch, levels should be specifically designed to make you lost within the level while trying to run into the portal. Although you are redirected into an alternate path in most levels, it should feel like you're actually lost within the level that Wario Land 4 is such as going through various doors, going the wrong way, more of a maze than anything for some new levels. If anyone can draw a design for this concept, let me know!!

I just thought up of another idea for the levels. When you hit the frog switch, levels should be specifically designed to make you lost within the level while trying to run into the portal. Although you are redirected into an alternate path in most levels, it should feel like you're actually lost within the level that Wario Land 4 is such as going through various doors, going the wrong way, more of a maze than anything for some new levels. If anyone can draw a design for this concept, let me know!!
I would reserve that for Golden Passage, personally, as that sounds like it'd be rather challenging-- which, for regular stages, would be a pain in the ass, especially since in the base game some stages are confusing to navigate already. They're designed in a certain way so that they wouldn't have to make the return trip a separate, more confusing route. It's really quite intuitive, and I can't believe I never thought about that before now.

Interesting. A completely different song from The weeaboo song to this masterpiece. I wonder what it will sound like if it is the back outside version. Maybe a fade from this song to the weeaboo song?
Probably. They're in the same key, conveniently enough.

Current list of the credits directly from our discord server! @tahutoa @CM30 @shinespeciall

If I am forgetting anyone else, let me know! If you want to be in the credits somehow, DM me and we can work something out... ;)

Current list of the credits directly from our discord server! @tahutoa @CM30 @shinespeciall

If I am forgetting anyone else, let me know! If you want to be in the credits somehow, DM me and we can work something out... ;)
View attachment 10174
Actually, Festerd_Jester didn't make the MIDI-- I did that-- he wrote the song that I used. You should keep him in the special thanks, though.
Pigmask Colonel (composed "Even More WL4 Stuff") and stupidface (who helped with Quality Assurance on said MIDI) would be some good additions as well.
Also, freemidi.org, MIDI-World, and midimi.org are a couple more sources that I remember using, though freemidi is the only one of the three I'm positive was utilized. It'd be best to keep the MIDI Creators section labelled as MIDIs: because it's vague enough to label both transcribers and publishers as sources. If any other MIDIs we've been using turn out to credit their creator, I'll let you know. And hey, didn't you make the MIDIs for Sweet Board and Unused Song yourself? You should add yourself in there, too. If we're going by least to most MIDIs, you'd be after sortmusic but before FreeMIDI.org.

Also,
Keith Banta made the Cleanin' Out My Closet MIDI,
Path B. Guy did I'm Only Sleeping (this is the only MIDI not transcribed by me that I want an extra mention of myself for, because unlike other MIDIs I arranged for this hack, that one I actually did a fuckton of re-sequencing for: I pretty much rebuilt the Lyrics section. ...as far as everything in general goes, I want to be "Music Director" and for it to say something like "Music Arranged by tahutoa", either before or after the thing goes through the list of MIDIs),
And uhh apparently no-fucking-body else bothered to credit themselves for any of the MIDIs we've used that weren't either from VGMusic, made by me or you, or were ripped from whatever DS ROM the song comes from.

So, I guess what we could do is have individual screens for each MIDI (this'll help us be able to replace more of the credits sequence without reusing bits of the old credits), stating the name of the song, the source material (like what band, game, etc.), and people that worked on the MIDI itself. For the MIDIs where the sequencer didn't put their name in, I guess we can put the website??

BTW, the Motorhead MIDI comes from "en.midimelody.ru"

Actually, Festerd_Jester didn't make the MIDI-- I did that-- he wrote the song that I used. You should keep him in the special thanks, though.
Pigmask Colonel (composed "Even More WL4 Stuff") and stupidface (who helped with Quality Assurance on said MIDI) would be some good additions as well.
Also, freemidi.org, MIDI-World, and midimi.org are a couple more sources that I remember using, though freemidi is the only one of the three I'm positive was utilized. It'd be best to keep the MIDI Creators section labelled as MIDIs: because it's vague enough to label both transcribers and publishers as sources. If any other MIDIs we've been using turn out to credit their creator, I'll let you know. And hey, didn't you make the MIDIs for Sweet Board and Unused Song yourself? You should add yourself in there, too. If we're going by least to most MIDIs, you'd be after sortmusic but before FreeMIDI.org.

Also,
Keith Banta made the Cleanin' Out My Closet MIDI,
Path B. Guy did I'm Only Sleeping (this is the only MIDI not transcribed by me that I want an extra mention of myself for, because unlike other MIDIs I arranged for this hack, that one I actually did a fuckton of re-sequencing for: I pretty much rebuilt the Lyrics section. ...as far as everything in general goes, I want to be "Music Director" and for it to say something like "Music Arranged by tahutoa", either before or after the thing goes through the list of MIDIs),
And uhh apparently no-fucking-body else bothered to credit themselves for any of the MIDIs we've used that weren't either from VGMusic, made by me or you, or were ripped from whatever DS ROM the song comes from.

So, I guess what we could do is have individual screens for each MIDI (this'll help us be able to replace more of the credits sequence without reusing bits of the old credits), stating the name of the song, the source material (like what band, game, etc.), and people that worked on the MIDI itself. For the MIDIs where the sequencer didn't put their name in, I guess we can put the website??

BTW, the Motorhead MIDI comes from "en.midimelody.ru"
Actually, the Special Thanks are specifically for the people that I heavily thank and if it wasn't for them, the rom hack would never be where it is at today. Maybe if Festerd_Jester suddenly joins the discord server and said, "HEY! I can make original music for your little rom hack!" or something like that.

Actually, the Special Thanks are specifically for the people that I heavily thank and if it wasn't for them, the rom hack would never be where it is at today. Maybe if Festerd_Jester suddenly joins the discord server and said, "HEY! I can make original music for your little rom hack!" or something like that.
I gotcha

still just the composer tho lol

Back