Wario Land 4 Inspired Song (with WL4 soundfont)

Okay, can you PLEASE tell me where I can find that soundfont! I've been searching for it for so long but google is of no help.

Also I love the song! :D

When I try to unzip it this pops up....
wutt.png

I hope this doesn't get too widespread and then you get tons of people taking midis left and right and swapping out the instruments for the ones on the Soundfont.

Not necessarily...I just have weird feelings with these sorts of things. As an artist and someone who has dabbled in a bit of music making I can't help but feel distaste when people find ways to cheapen the meaning of making art or music. *Long Post Incoming*

When it comes to art I have some dislike for programs like ComiPo. You can look that up and probably figure out why I dislike something like that.

When it comes to music on the internet there have been these fads of "making" music in certain styles. There was GXSCC which was a way of making 8-bit music through MIDIs.

Then came along the discovery of soundfonts and with that came...
fads like "Touhou" style music

And then Pokemon Black and White style music

While none of this is really bad it doesn't take a lot of skill and what bugs me is when people who actually sequence music either in the style of a game or actually under the limitations of the actual hardware don't get much attention.

I'm not sure how to sum this up but I guess I dislike things that make it easy to "make" things and the people with the skill to make things on their own and usually better tend to not get as much attention(not so much the case with art). Now I'm not blaming the soundfonts themselves are bad since they're great tools and no doubt people with the right skills can really make something amazing, but they tend to get abused on the internet with people who are looking for midis to slap some instruments on.

Can't say I disagree. Whenever I see something on Soundcloud or Youtube that is merely a soundfont over a midi and has over a hundred likes, I just want to vomit. Here I am trying to make my way and all of my arrangements and original work gets mostly ignored.

It does bother me a little.

I agree that swapping out soundfonts does not take a lot of efford.
I also agree that it sucks when these videos get more attention than the stuff that takes a lot of effort.
But I also like these videos. It sounds cool to hear a familiar song with different instruments. It's easy but it's fun.

By the way, making these soundfont swaps isn't THAT easy. At least not for the WL4 soundfont.
Cuz one thing that really sucks about making these is that the WL4 soundfont isn't labeled. So there are like a million different instruments, most of which are singular syllables from Medamayaki. So I have to sift through a sea of vocal snippets, sound effects, and empty slots, looking for actual instruments.
If anything it's time consuming.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
By the way, making these soundfont swaps isn't THAT easy. At least not for the WL4 soundfont.
Cuz one thing that really sucks about making these is that the WL4 soundfont isn't labeled. So there are like a million different instruments, most of which are singular syllables from Medamayaki. So I have to sift through a sea of vocal snippets, sound effects, and empty slots, looking for actual instruments.
If anything it's time consuming.
Wouldn't there be a way to label them? At least keeping a text file would make things quicker in the long run.
The midis weren't labeled either, but it was easy to distinguish music from sound effects by sorting by size.

I could do that, yeah.

Oh also, with midi songs there's usually one "instrument" that is basically just a list of percussion instruments and drum set sounds like a Cowbell sound, a Cymbal Crash, Hi-Hat sounds, Low Floor Tom.... whatever that is xD
But the WL4 version of that thing is incomplete. Many sounds were just left out or replaced with different sounds.

Reactions: 607
Oh certainly, it's fun to make these I'm just saying that some people get carried away and start abusing these and so on.

I actually made a txt file that had a list of where each sample was located, but it's somewhere in the great depths of my PC now... If I find it, I could re-upload the soundfont and the list in a zip file.

Back