Wario Timeline

KingDragonWario

Virtual Boy Apologist
Something I found. I don't really agree with it, but it's interesting nonetheless.

wario timeline.jpg

Interesting concept there. Certainly tries to explain why Wario is living in a house in some games and a castle in others. A bit complicated though, in how it turns a simple franchise into some sort of branching epic.

Then again, it also seems to be a pastiche of the Zelda timeline from the Hyrule Historia book, so perhaps the over complexity was the point of the whole deal.

Interesting concept there. Certainly tries to explain why Wario is living in a house in some games and a castle in others. A bit complicated though, in how it turns a simple franchise into some sort of branching epic.

Then again, it also seems to be a pastiche of the Zelda timeline from the Hyrule Historia book, so perhaps the over complexity was the point of the whole deal.

I think a timeline split does occur following Wario Land, but the "main" timeline (where most of the games occur, including Warioware) is the one where he gets enough money to obtain a castle. He later loses the castle at the start of Wario World and the spritelings were incapable of restoring it, hence why we stop seeing it.

The timeline where Wario doesn't get enough money leads to Wario's Woods and Mario & Wario, where Wario reprises his antagonist role. It makes sense he'd go back to those ways as "revenge" following not only failure to get himself a castle, but Mario having taken back the Golden Peach statue.

Yea i always figured the Wario/Mario/DK timeline was one big linear timeline, not necessarily chronological. Leave the multiverse to Zelda

The Zelda timeline is a big fat joke. It's obvious that the developers never gave a frog's fat ass about creating an actual chronology, and the "official" timeline presented in Hyrule Historia has countless conflicts with itself. If Nintendo doesn't even have a coherent timeline for Zelda, a very story-centric series, then you can forget about them even considering it for something like Wario.

I think any fan's headcanon is just as authoritative as whatever Nintendo would have come up with, as most of the time the fans know the games better than the developers do themselves.

Where's the timeline when " wario ends up emitting green house gasses and starts a global epidemic " ? I bet it all becomes Mad Maxx style world everything decimated by wario's fart's and they have to fight each other for gas in leather suits.

Where's the timeline when " wario ends up emitting green house gasses and starts a global epidemic " ? I bet it all becomes Mad Maxx style world everything decimated by wario's fart's and they have to fight each other for gas in leather suits.
You can not trust these fan timelines. buy the official Book of Wah and they talk all about it.

Back