WarioWare: Move It announced

Digital pre-orders already up

Description from the storefront

Strike a pose with a multitude of motion-based microgames in a brand-new entry in the WarioWare™ series!​

Grab a pair of Joy-Con™ controllers and get moving as you gently shake, punch, dance, wiggle, and even curtsey through over 200 lightning-fast microgames (minigames that last just a few hilarious seconds). A second player* can use another set of Joy-Con controllers to join the treasure-guarding, sheep-twirling fun. Up to 4 players, each with one Joy-Con controller, can laugh out loud in the local Party Mode’s minigames like a dicey board game with Wario-style rules.
The game is listed as not supporting handheld mode. Switch lite owners am cry

Box art
1687365733741.png

i’s amazing that we’ve managed to get 2 warioware games in just 2 years, i hope this one is going to be better than get it together
They released Twisted and Touched in the same year and IMO those are much higher quality than anything that has come after smooth moves (Snapped an onward kind of lacking)

I think it would be better if we got even one Wario Land game every 5-10 years. Love me some warioware (hoping this one raises the bar back up) but most of the recent warioware games seem more obsessed with graphics than gameplay (a video game trend). Get it Together was a start but still missed a lot of bells and whistles that make every warioware game pre-Warioware snapped so great. (D.I.Y was aight, again interesting concept)

That being said I'm a bit confused in general with the direction of warioware and can think of a couple gimme warioware premises off the dome:
1) It seems so obvious to do a low poly warioware game Mario vs. Wario Ware but they just haven't done it. (they used 3D on Get it Together but..... 2.5D also set the graphics bar higher than needed for no reason). It can often take just as long or longer to draw sprites/animate them as it does to make low poly models. (I assume this is why they have used basically the same sprites since Smooth Moves which gets stale).
2) Redo SNAPPED with the Switches IR camera sensor. Call it After Dark or relate it to the IR somehow in a punny way.
3) Warioware VR
4) Warioware Puzzled: Every game is a puzzle or at least puzzle based even if there are reaction times involved.

ALL THAT BEING SAID I HAVE BIG HOPES FOR THIS NEW WARIOWARE, it looks like they put the time and care into it and weren't just going for another copy paste.

Last edited:
there's also a mario paint music easter egg if you name your game/comic (not song though), well, mario paint
Really? I didn't know this :O ty (i like learning eastereggs I missed)
Honestly easter eggs like this are what make warioware games so memorable to me. Like I really appreciated it in Warioware Gold when you could scan Amiibos and Wario would draw them. That was hillarious.

They released Twisted and Touched in the same year and IMO those are much higher quality than anything that has come after smooth moves

Yeah, Twisted! and Touched! were the games at which WarioWare was at its peak IMO.

4) Warioware Puzzled: Every game is a puzzle or at least puzzle based even if there are reaction times involved.

This would be a concept that could actually be successful, and it could be a nice nod to the puzzle-platformer aspects of Wario Land, minus the actual platforming.

Back