WarioWare Switch leaked?

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
In a post he recently made on GameFaqs, ~industry insider~ Vergeben listed WarioWare Switch as something he heard about among various other things, though he doesn't know if it'll be shown at E3. Here's a cap of the post in question.

The reason I'm taking this seriously is that the post proves he has serious industry connections: the post mention Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077 (which was something just revealed in the Xbox E3 conference and I'm pretty sure no other source mentioned this), the subtitle for that Dragon Ball Z game (idem), Elden being revealed at Microsoft's and Minecraft Dungeons. The statement he heard about it "for a while" could also legitimize that 4Chan leak that mentioned Gold and a Switch WW being made in parralel.

Of course because he knew about a bunch of Xbox annoucements doesn't necessarily mean his source for Nintendo is as solid. But that Master Mantis card tease in Gold definitely confirmed in my mind something is in the oven, and it's cool to have more hints. What do you think?

Last edited:
Hmm, if his Xbox announcement predictions are accurate, that certainly makes his others a bit better to pay attention to.

And given there are already rumours about a WarioWare game coming to Switch (as you mention), this could definitely turn out to be legit.

So I'm gonna be hopeful and assume it is coming, in part because I really want it to be true.

Seeing as this guy basically nailed down Xbox's press conference, I think it's safe to say there is some actual validity to this leak and isn't just some random BS leak. Regardless though, I'm taking this with a grain of salt until we hear something from the horses mouth like I do with most leaks.

But going on the assumption that this is indeed true.
Nice! And I can't wait to see what it is like and how it'll turn out (If it is true that is)
not much else to say beyond that ATM though.

Last edited:
If there was a new game I would literally freak out. WarioWare, en mi opinión, is the best series Nintendo has ever made and the Switch has endless capabilities for a new title!

Since posting this thread, he also got the details about the Bethesda conference entirely correct.

Too early to break out the Ron Paul gifs?

If there is a new WarioWare coming for Switch, I hope it's a bit more in line with earlier WW titles. The latest games like G&W and Gold have been way too Rhythm Heaven for my taste.

Also, I'm hoping that there'll be some way to limit how much characters speak to just their "D-D-D-Dee Jay!come on" and their "WOOOOWWW" lines, y'know what'm sayin'-- Gold's voice acting was on dub with the Kiki's Delivery Service dub, and that's just something that I borderline can not stand. If I feel like I'm playing devil's advocate for the voice work in my own mind then something is definitely not right. BUT, since if I'm being realistic I'm definitely going to have to listen to these dweebs bleuh blaugh blueh into my ear drums all day long I at least would like for the voice direction to be not so terrible.

Since we're never obviously never getting Jimmy's old voice back though I want to see the current guy go full Hugh Neutron.

The latest games like G&W and Gold have been way too Rhythm Heaven for my taste.

BUT, since if I'm being realistic I'm definitely going to have to listen to these dweebs bleuh blaugh blueh into my ear drums all day long I at least would like for the voice direction to be not so terrible.
Please elaborate. ¿No eres un fan del doblaje?

I know leakers and this dreaded site of rabid arguements or bigoted vs normal gamers. Therefore I don’t believe in this leak.

Bumping this thread because as of today, multiple people have been sent surveys from Nintendo specifically asking about their interest in a WarioWare title

My guess would be: A new game is definitely being made (maybe even close to unveiling) and the survey is specifically meant to research what would be the appropriate price point (notice the price is different in both examples).

They should ask for the price of a new Wario Land game. There are so many Wario Ware games. The Wario platformers are meanwhile average over 20 years old, the Wario Wares just average 13 years old. Comparative to Wario Land there is no need to make a new Wario Ware again and again.

They should ask for the price of a new Wario Land game. There are so many Wario Ware games. The Wario platformers are meanwhile average over 20 years old, the Wario Wares just average 13 years old. Comparative to Wario Land there is no need to make a new Wario Ware again and again.
true, but unfortunately this only really applies if you're already a Wario fan. From the perspective of Joe Schmoe WarioWare has more immediate appeal due to its uniqueness & ease of access. In the gaming community your average phlipper will know about WarioWare, but I would wager a smaller number of people know (or care about) Land. Unless you're In the Know already, WL is unfortunately just going to look like another platformer.

I think there's a high realistic chance a WarioWare game is being produced at the very least.

- That leaker in the OP who nailed so much about E3 was also probably right about that new Metroid game. Other leakers also agree a new game is being made, which provides even further credibility to that leak. Unless his/her Nintendo source was wrong, of course.
- Covid has slowed down the development of most games, so games that were going to be announced or released at the time got a massive delay.
- Because of this, after Covid Nintendo has been announcing games only when they were close to completion. They probably can't be sure when a game will be finished, so why taking risks by announcing games too early then maybe delaying them later on?
- Now Nintendo has been sitting on a lot of games which are getting released/announced soon. Miitopia, Mario Golf, Zelda SS, Famicom Detective Club... just in one month, give or take. And going by recent leaks, there's even more games coming this year.
- Wario games tend to be released early or late in a console's life cycle. The switch is at middle point, and a WW announcement doesn't seem likely in the near future (this would give the game a release date late in the switch's life cycle).

So tl;dr for me a WW game has been in the works for some time but it got delayed because of covid and it won't be announced until they can release the game close to its release date. Of course, the game can still be cancelled or have a troubled development... but let's hope that's not the case and it can get released.

I think there's a high realistic chance a WarioWare game is being produced at the very least.

- That leaker in the OP who nailed so much about E3 was also probably right about that new Metroid game. Other leakers also agree a new game is being made, which provides even further credibility to that leak. Unless his/her Nintendo source was wrong, of course.
- Covid has slowed down the development of most games, so games that were going to be announced or released at the time got a massive delay.
- Because of this, after Covid Nintendo has been announcing games only when they were close to completion. They probably can't be sure when a game will be finished, so why taking risks by announcing games too early then maybe delaying them later on?
- Now Nintendo has been sitting on a lot of games which are getting released/announced soon. Miitopia, Mario Golf, Zelda SS, Famicom Detective Club... just in one month, give or take. And going by recent leaks, there's even more games coming this year.
- Wario games tend to be released early or late in a console's life cycle. The switch is at middle point, and a WW announcement doesn't seem likely in the near future (this would give the game a release date late in the switch's life cycle).

So tl;dr for me a WW game has been in the works for some time but it got delayed because of covid and it won't be announced until they can release the game close to its release date. Of course, the game can still be cancelled or have a troubled development... but let's hope that's not the case and it can get released.
it was delayed because wario caught the rona

Back