WarioWare Tooned! (EPISODE 7 PTS. 1 & 2 NOW ONLINE)

After 7, I have a concrete idea for one more full episode that will probably be one part rather than the regular two, and a big last one that will probably be three parts. In between, I'm going to experiment with doing much shorter animations around 2 minutes or so focusing on specific characters exclusively. That format will allow me to get them out quicker and add more detailed animation. Whether there will be more full episodes besides these is up in the air. I want to have a bit more to the series besides these things after improving the art and writing over the years, so I'll think of something in due time. I'll get back to you on the Super Star ideas.

I've been a fan of the WarioWare series since day one, and almost a decade ago, I decided to venture into the crazy world of Flash animation by starting a fan series based off of its colorful cast. Five two-part episodes were released from 2005 to 2007, after which I took a long break from the series to focus on school, work, and various real-life things. I always wanted to return to the series with the stuff I learned during the break, and made the first part of the sixth episode last year, before shelving the second half due to dissatisfaction with the script and the desire to rework the series a bit more.

Now that I've made the jump to Toon Boom for animation and have the script done and voices recorded, I can confirm that WarioWare Tooned 7 is on the way! The episode will revolve around Wario retelling the story of his initial move from the Mushroom Kingdom to Diamond City, and how he met the crazy group of microgame developers we all know and love.

Compared to previous episodes, this will boast sharper writing, drastically improved and reworked character designs, some new voices, and plenty of in-jokes for longtime Wario and Nintendo fans. Those who watch various Flash series on sites like Newgrounds and YouTube might also recognize the actress playing Kat, Ana, Ashley, and 9-Volt. Kira Buckland, AKA Rina-chan, has done a ton of voice work for web series like Bonus Stage, The Flash Tub, and Brawl Taunts, along with high-profile games like Skullgirls, Castle Crashers, and the upcoming Danganronpa 2.

For now, I'll post the finished character designs and links to the old episodes. I'd honestly recommend you start with the more recent ones and work your way backwards, as the early episodes were my first attempts at making my own animated shorts while I was still in high school, and things generally start seeing improvement around episode 3. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the series, as I do plan to make more episodes after 7, feel free to post them!

IS6hYS0.jpg

http://behonkiss.newgrounds.com/movies/

Nice work!

I remember this series from back in the day. Glad to see it's making a comeback.

HECK YES! LuvsU: Loved this series as a kid! I know it's been a while since you've checked in here, @Behonkiss, but regardless, I at least wanted to leave a post about how ecstatic I am to see even just plans for this series' comeback. Literally my childhood -- I can't wait. & Of course, if you ever find yourself looking for another extra production person for art, voice, script, etc, I flag my hearty interest :D

The fan mail segment is very much like strong bad a character from Homestar Runner who answers fan mail in a very similar way and even sounds and acts similar too.

Joy! Can't wait for the next part- these episodes are gold! The references in them are super cool. And don't worry about how long these episodes take to come out, it's worth it!!

Back