Was Jimmy Neutron "inspired" by Wario Land 3?

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
I'm specifically talking about a scene in the episode "The Phantom of Retroland" where Jimmy uses a spray can to rust away a fence.

Now where have I heard that before?

That's right, that's exactly what a treasure in Wario Land 3 does!
It makes a wall rusty.
Rustspray.PNG

This can't be a coincidence, can it? That's far too specific.
The show came out 2 years after WL3 came out so... yeah...
What do you think?
A coincidence? Or is there something I'm missing?

Speaking of that, it's actually the game Cactus McCoy and the Curse of Thorns that has some elements similar to Wario Land II. Like me, other people also noticed it. Both have chickens that you carry and take to a coop and both have train levels, asides from other details. There's no response that I know of from the authors Flipline Studios.

Speaking of that, it's actually the game Cactus McCoy and the Curse of Thorns that has some elements similar to Wario Land II. Like me, other people also noticed it. Both have chickens that you carry and take to a coop and both have train levels, asides from other details. There's no response that I know of from the authors Flipline Studios.
Do they lay giant eggs when you get them there? ^^ Otherwise I don't think the similaritires are big enough. Zelda games also make you carry chickens to their coop and seeing how the game is western themed I'm not surprised that there's a train in it.

Do they lay giant eggs when you get them there? ^^ Otherwise I don't think the similaritires are big enough. Zelda games also make you carry chickens to their coop and seeing how the game is western themed I'm not surprised that there's a train in it.
Thanks for sharing some light on the view that those are western elements.

From what i heard Jimmy Neutron had existed before Wario.
First it was an unreleased cartoon in the 80's Never finished then during the mid 90's it became a video in an event made to show off new CG effects and made into a short called runaway rocket boy and then they made it into a full blown cartoon called Johny Quasar but it was too ambitious for the time but A big chunch of Jimmy Neutron episodes excisted in this form, they tried to release but couldn't until at the last second they decided to make it into a movie. Before the movie they changed names and redesighned characters and then made the movie. The sucsses prompted nickelodeon to make the cartoon a reality and decided to scrap Johny Quasar version of this and redo the first season with the Jimmy Neutron assets and the rest is history. If you remember that retro land episode was in season 1 so its older than WL3. They briefly mention johny quasar in the jimmy neutron wiki. i got this info via external links http://jimmyneutron.wikia.com/wiki/Jimmy_Neutron_Wiki

Wario Land 3 came out in March 2000.
The Jimmy Neutron Movie came out December 2001.
Phantom of Retroland aired October 2002.

This would mean that this particular detail of the spraycan of rust would've had to be in the script since the first season was planned.
Which... is certainly possible, making the whole thing a coincidence. But, thing is, TV shows can often change drastically over the course of their production. So it wouldn't surprise me if that detail was added later.
I mean this scene was just a way to get through a fence, it wasn't vital to the plot. It could've easily been changed.
And since the show had to be remade with different assets it's even more likely that they would've changed some minor details.

So yeah, it's not definitive proof that it's a coincidence and it's not definitive proof that it's NOT a coincidence.

Call me crazy, but I think I heard a few Wario Land sound noises on the Billy & Mandy show, I could show you the episode but it's on spanish:

• Informative
Reactions: Rei
What are the sources on that? I'm asking because I have heard that thrown around before, but never backed up by any sources.
I heard it was made by dna productions but the commercial is not listed on the credits page of Wikipedia

Back