Was Shake It a miracle?

So you don't want Next Level to make anything new, then?

Hopefully, that Metroid project of theirs can come through at some point. Preferably 2.5D

What could be more interesting than a new Punch-Out? ò.ô
A better question is, what on earth would a new Punch-Out add? It just seems like a complete waste of potential on their part, when what they did with it seems to be enough. Why would you want that?

Last edited:
While the game was beautiful, it left me unfulfilled. Just like Epic Yarn... Hm. Maybe Yoshi's Wooly World will be lackluster too?

2+ years in development hopefully proves otherwise, although it's true, Good Feel is not know for delivering aces.

I felt Wario Land Shake It to be pretty unfulfilling as well. 4:3 aspect ratio only, kind of dry level design, uninspired enemy encounters. It wasn't memorable outside the graphical style.

Nintendo did work on a Kirby game in the same 2D, hand-drawn animated style on the Gamecube. It looks so similar in fact, I wonder if the engine/prototype later was re-used for Shake It.

Check out the image here:
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/kirby-dream-land/0/0

I played Shake it again today and I remembered three things that really bother me about the game.
1.) For some reason you cannot ground pound while you jump to the side. If you jump and hold left or right and then press down he won't do it. You have to let go of left or right for a split second and then press down. That really sucks.
2.) You can't do the charge slide anymore. When you charge and press down nothing happens. That was a great move for quickly getting through small passages in the previous games.
3.) You can't jump off of an enemies head when it's stunned. when you try it you just bounce off as if you're not holding the jump button. The way enemies feel in general kinda bothers me. In the older games you could easily bounce the enemies all over the place which was fun. Now they feel so...heavy, I guess?

I finally got a copy of Shake It! It's not as good as past installments. It feels kinda...I don't know, empty compared to past games. It's not bad, but it's not great, either.

It's an improvement over Master of Disguise, though, so it was still a step in the right direction.

I'm trying to get all missions right now.
It's infuriating how much "You should've done X here but there was no way of knowing that earlier and now it's too late"-bullshit there is.

"Ohhh, you should've done a ground pound from the top of the platform here!"
"Ohhh, you shouldn't have done a ground pound from the top of the platform here!"
"Ohhh, you should've pushed up to go into that pipe! Welp, too late! No way to get up there again."

Looks like you gotta start again from the beginning~
Trollface.png

Back