[Upcoming Game] What can we expect from Warioware Gold?

Crescent-Moon Villager

Nameless moon-presence
What do you think we can expect from the new Warioware game? Nintendo said there are over 300 microgames, but will they all be old microgames, or do you think we can expect new ones as well? I think it would be sorta lazy to not have at least SOME new content.

Will there be a new 'gimmick'? Every Warioware game up to this point has some kind of gimmick, whether it be gyroscope, touch, motion controls, etc. Game & Wario even made decent use of the gamepad. But so far they haven't revealed anything that really sets this game apart, aside from 'combine ALL the elements!'. How do you think they're going to keep Warioware relevant in this era of gaming, and actually move copies? Open-world Diamond City? Online leaderboards? VR nose-picking? Ashley dating simulator?

Will there be new characters? With over 300 microgames, there needs to be plenty of characters to host them. Will we see returning characters that haven't appeared in a long time, like Jimmy's family?

Apparently 'full voice-acting' is a thing, though I'm not sure whether that's just a rumor or not. If it's true, will they get professional voice actors or just hire some shmucks that are friends/family of NoA employees? If the former, who would you want to voice your favorite characters? Warioware usually has at least one song with lyrics-- will the new songs be a hit? Will they be compressed to all get-out?

One of my favorite features of the Warioware series is the arcade-style side games you can unlock, like Pyoro etc. Will fan-favorites like Wario Bike, Cyclone Shuffle, and Apple Assault return? Paper Plane, anybody? Will there be gachapon unlockables like in Twisted?

Will this entry be ambitious enough to live up to its 'Gold' title? Or will it flop and send the franchise into another decade-long hibernation?

Maybe with full voice-acting this time, we'll finally get to find out who was behind all their voices once and for all.

When are we gonna hear more about this game anyway? Sometime around E3?

...We don't even have a logo for it yet, do we?

Here's the logo
cXGrvAv.png

The full voice-acting interests me. It'll be great to hear Martinet's Wario with a bit more than just brief one-liners, which is usually relegated to things like trailers or live meet-and-greets.

I'm hoping to also see the WarioWare characters talking to each other a bit more too; Some genuine character interaction between this cast of alleged friends would definitely be welcome.

Gameplay-wise, I'm excited. Even if Gold is mostly a "greatest hits" title (albeit with some new microgames as well), the fact that it boasts 300 games is pretty cool, and I'm planning to get a lot of playtime out of it.

There's a lot of potential here.

But part of me is really scared that they won't go all out and just sorta make a "good enough" game. :SScared:

Like...
Twisted had a ton of bonus content. Will Gold have anywhere close to that?
Mega Party Game$ had amazing multiplayer. Smooth Moves had pretty good multiplayer. Will Gold have multiplayer at all?
Twisted and DIY had a ton of bonus songs as records. Will Gold have any at all?

300 microgames isn't actually THAT much...
RH Megamix had a LOT more minigames than RH usually has... but 300 isn't that much more than WW usually has...
RH usually has like 50 stages. Megamix had 100. That's a 200% increase.
WW usually has around 200 microgames. Gold will have 300. That's only a 150% increase.

...so... I'm not sure...
They'd have to make that up by adding more bonus content.
Megamix didn't really have a lot alongside all the regular stages.

And yeah, I hope they don't fuck up the voice acting. :S-_-:

Last edited:
There's a lot of potential here.

But part of me is really scared that they won't go all out and just sorta make a "good enough" game. :SScared:

Like...
Twisted had a ton of bonus content. Will Gold have anywhere close to that?
Mega Party Game$ had amazing multiplayer. Smooth Moves had pretty good multiplayer. Will Gold have multiplayer at all?
Twisted and DIY had a ton of bonus songs as records. Will Gold have any at all?

300 microgames isn't actually THAT much...
RH Megamix had a LOT more minigames than RH usually has... but 300 isn't that much more than WW usually has...
RH usually has like 50 stages. Megamix had 100. That's a 200% increase.
WW usually has around 200 microgames. Gold will have 300. That's only a 150% increase.

...so... I'm not sure...
They'd have to make that up by adding more bonus content.
Megamix didn't really have a lot alongside all the regular stages.

And yeah, I hope they don't fuck up the voice acting. :S-_-:
How difficult to please are you, man? Can't remember the last time I heard you praise anything. Lighten up a bit. I'm sure WW Gold will be worth it.

Can't remember the last time I heard you praise anything.

Maybe you're just not looking in the right places. :STongue3:

(from the other WW Gold thread: )

Positives:
It's an actual Wario game that isn't a half-baked tech demo.
It's basically pulling a Megamix with the old and the new.
Finally another button-based (at least partially) Warioware. I also can't wait to play the Twisted microgames again.

From what I've been able to hear in the music... the remakes of old songs sound pretty good. It's hard to tell, but it sounds promising.

I'm excited that this exists. It has a lot of potential.

Additionally, I think the art style of the microgames looks great.
I think the reason some of them look so slow is that they turned the microgame speed all the way down for recording purposes, so they wouldn't be too fast for the trailer. I.e. you normally wouldn't see them that slow. I guess we'll see.

Thing is, this is a collection of mostly old microgames.
I'm a lot harder on games that take most or all of their content from previous games.
It's much easier to just take something that already exists and make it prettier than to make something original from scratch.
Plus, if the original game has set the bar already, then I should expect the remake/remaster/collection to at least match it terms of quality. Is that too much to ask?
But when it's a game that's much better than the original, then I'm going to praise it. Like, I recently played the 3D version of Majora's Mask and that was a great remake. The positives far outweighed the negatives.

So it all depends on how they do it.
It could be amazing, it could be meh.
We'll have to wait and see.

If it's great then I'll praise it.
If it's disappointing then I won't pretend I'm happy with it.

I've seen good things, I've seen bad things, so let's hope I'll see mostly good things in the future. :sgrin:

The big thing is that we simply don't know much of what Gold has to offer and the WarioWare series has a wealth of content to offer, beyond the microgame sets, between the bonus games, Challenge Towers, multiplayer modes, unlockable extras and all that other good stuff.

Point is that for what's essentially a best of game it would be a let down if none of that stuff got any attention. A new traditional WarioWare for the first time since Smooth Moves is enough for me to be excited, but yah know, there is more to WarioWare then just the base stages.

I still hold hope for a set of Rhythm Heaven-based microgames in Gold, either new ones based on the original rhythm games or regular microgames reskinned with RH characters.

I mean, this game just has to return the favor after what Megamix did.

Back