What do you consider to be Wario's theme song?

What is Wario's theme song?

• Overworld Theme (Wario Land 1)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Out of the Woods

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Stonecarving City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wario's Theme (Mega Party Games)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Greenhorn Forest

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

KingDragonWario

Virtual Boy Apologist
Basically what the title says.

Wario's had a number of recurring songs attached to him over the years and no set "theme song" like Mario does with the Super Mario Bros. overworld song for instance.

What I want to know is, which of these often used leifmotifs do you consider to be Wario's theme? If you don't see your choice listed in the poll options, feel free to specify otherwise.

Last edited:
My reasoning for Greenhorn Forest, besides my personal preference, comes from how I see it as the one theme that completely transcends it's original intent and game. Much like how, regardless of what theme Mario gets in each new game, the Overworld theme from SMB will always be the Mario theme.
The Overworld Theme from Wario Land 1 and Wario's theme from the first WarioWare are heavily tied with the specific games they come from. WarioWare gives Wario new songs every game and if I recall the only time the Overworld theme's ever been referenced was in Wario's Shipyard's theme in MK7.
Out of the Woods and Stonecarving City have seen relatively more usage and you could argue for both of them being the definitive theme song of the Wario Land series. You could make a very solid case for Stonecarving City being the closest thing Wario has to a modern theme and Nintendo seem to treat it as such whenever they remember Wario Land exists.
I personally would argue that Wario Land 4 has the best soundtrack in the series and one that perfectly blends Land and Ware's tones.

But Greenhorn Forest has completely outgrown Wario World and bonded itself to Wario and how people have come to view the character. You wouldn't mistake it for any other character's theme song.
People don't think of Greenhorn Forest as the Wario World theme as much as they think of it as the Wario theme. Not the Wario Land theme, not the Wario Ware theme, the Wario theme.

But Greenhorn Forest has completely outgrown Wario World and bonded itself to Wario and how people have come to view the character. You wouldn't mistake it for any other character's theme song.
People don't think of Greenhorn Forest as the Wario World theme as much as they think of it as the Wario theme. Not the Wario Land theme, not the Wario Ware theme, the Wario theme.

I'll have to add that they specifically used a remix of Greenhorn forest in dance dance revolution: mario mix for "Starring Wario", which further laments the fact that Greenhorn forest is in fact, the Wario theme.

Out of the Woods in my opinion speaks volumes for what Wario is all about, as well as Greenhorn Forest most themes of his that represent each era like Stonecarving City are good songs on their own but those are my favorites in my opinion.

Back