What else is Nintendo announcing this year?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Given E3 isn't a thing for obvious reasons, and the effects of COVID-19 mean game development has slowed right down in recent months?

We know Paper Mario: The Origami King is coming, that the new ARMS fighter for Smash Bros Ultimate is likely being released before the end of the year and that there's talk of a 3D Mario collection.

But what else is there? What else do you expect from Nintendo this year?

Considering we're approaching the second half of the year with barely anything, not much TBH, at least, nothing big.

The fact that Nintendo has been extremely quiet and reportedly doesn't even have any directs planned for the rest of the year are perhaps signs that even without the pandemic throwing a huge wrench into shit (and most likely causing whatever big games they did have planned this year to be delayed to 2021). Nintendo likely just didn't have much planned this year and that 2020 would likely just be a quiet year for the Switch overall with Animal Crossing basically carrying it through the year alongside smaller IPs like Paper Mario and Clubhouse Games.

Now of course, given Nintendo is most likely gonna shadow drop shit, it's possible in hindsight that I'll come back to this post laughing about how wrong I was, but right now, this is where I am right now. I just don't expect much at this point.

and that there's talk of a 3D Mario collection.

I'm gonna be honest. The fact that Nintendo hasn't even brought up Mario's 35th Anniversary at all (not even so much as a logo) with the only things related to it being a mere clothing line and a calender alongside the fact that Miyamoto stated a couple of years that he's not actually interested in remaking older Mario games ala the Zelda games, preferring to keep them in their original forms instead and do new things with Mario instead.

I think the rumor of remastered/remade 3D Mario games for the 35th Anniversary is very likely to be false and that it's just simply too good to be true.

I know multiple sources point to it. But than again, multiple sources also pointed to Pokemon Stars and a HD remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy, neither of which have actually happened and are both likely just BS. So multiple sources pointing to it doesn't automatically mean something is true. It does give it more validity than if there's just one source, but still, rumors are just rumors after all...

I mean, who knows, I could totally be wrong and Nintendo could just suddenly shadow drop All Stars 2 or something like that when I least expect them to, but until I am, I'm just gonna take that rumor with a massive grain of salt and just assume Mario is gonna have a quiet anniversary this year.

Edit:

Last edited:
Given E3 isn't a thing for obvious reasons, and the effects of COVID-19 mean game development has slowed right down in recent months?

We know Paper Mario: The Origami King is coming, that the new ARMS fighter for Smash Bros Ultimate is likely being released before the end of the year and that there's talk of a 3D Mario collection.

But what else is there? What else do you expect from Nintendo this year?

Not to hate on those who like Smash Bros or Paper Mario, but why do series like these get new stuff every two years or so, while we Wario Land fans have been waiting for over 10 years, and still don't have anything? :shulk:

Not to hate on those who like Smash Bros or Paper Mario, but why do series like these get new stuff every two years or so, while we Wario Land fans have been waiting for over 10 years, and still don't have anything? :shulk:
Perhaps they don't have any ideas for a new one? Kind of like how Punch-Out!! doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon, which is more than unfortunate. Either that or they'd rather make Ware instead.

Perhaps they don't have any ideas for a new one? Kind of like how Punch-Out!! doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon, which is more than unfortunate. Either that or they'd rather make Ware instead.

Yeah, they've sure been focussing on Ware, with the release of Game&Wario, and more recently, Gold. But I hope this doesn't mean that they've decided to ditch Wario Land to make more WarioWare.

I know multiple sources point to it. But than again, multiple sources also pointed to Pokemon Stars and a HD remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy, neither of which have actually happened and are both likely just BS.

Don't forget Star Fox GP :x

Ah yes, that ol' chestnut.

Why do people think Star Fox and racing would go together like that? Honestly, it seems like a project with zero audience if you ask me.

So 3dWorld would just have Bowser's third revenge? Yet, Super Mario All Stars and 3d All Stars don't get the best entry of each genre. (Super Mario World and Galaxy 2)

Well I'm happy with what they announced, though I'd rather have seen different games in the compilation, even if they aren't necessarily the first 3-D Mario platformers. (And where's my new Wario Land game? It's about time now!)

Dunno what to think of the other things though. That Mario Kart game looks nice, but I have my doubts if the concept is gonna work as supposed.

Back