[Poll] What kind of Wario Land game would you want to see in future?

What type of Wario Land game should we get for a revival?

• The Mario type (Wario Land 1, VB Wario Land)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Transformation type (Wario Land 2, Wario Land 3)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • The Race to the Start type (Wario Land 4, Wario Land Shake It)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Something new entirely!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
As you know, there are currently three types of Wario Land games in existence:
  1. The Mario kind, with blocks and cap powerups (Wario Land, Virtual Boy Wario Land)
  2. The transformation/puzzle focused one, where Wario is basically immortal (Wario Land 2 and 3)
  3. Plus the 'rush back to the start' kind, where you hit a switch/break a cage and have to get back to the start of the level before the timer runs out (Wario Land 4 and Shake It)
So what type of game would you want to see next? Would you want any of these formulas brought back into the limelight in a potential revival?

Or should they do something else entirely?

Which of those would you preferi
hmm, I like the fighting and 3d-ness of World, but I also like the disguising gimmick from MoD.
But we (Dabbit, Oh Boi, 2Z, and I) are making a fanfic that started out as a sequel to MoD and kinda just... got weird within the first 5 posts.
So World it is.

hmm, I like the fighting and 3d-ness of World, but I also like the disguising gimmick from MoD.
But we (Dabbit, Oh Boi, 2Z, and I) are making a fanfic that started out as a sequel to MoD and kinda just... got weird within the first 5 posts.
So World it is.

Fair enough! I hope any Wario World sequel would have the crazy bosses and ideas from the original game too!

Fair enough! I hope any Wario World sequel would have the crazy bosses and ideas from the original game too!
fr, I personally think a hypothetical Wario World sequel would be longer than the original, but have the same wacky personality and combat the fat man in yellow had in the original, too.

fr, I personally think a hypothetical Wario World sequel would be longer than the original, but have the same wacky personality and combat the fat man in yellow had in the original, too.

Agreed. Wario World 2 would probably be Wario World, except expanded upon in every way.

I think going back to an old style betrays how all the games have been two similiar games with the same logo. If they make new Wario Land ideally we're getting a full package deal on brand new Wario.

I don't want invincibility but I do want transformations but I'm flexible in whatever else they would do

Edit: I would totally want Wario World 2. They did Luigi's Mansion and I always felt those games had a kinship on the GameCube. Like they were briefly doing a thing with the Mario verse

I think going back to an old style betrays how all the games have been two similiar games with the same logo. If they make new Wario Land ideally we're getting a full package deal on brand new Wario.

I don't want invincibility but I do want transformations but I'm flexible in whatever else they would do

Edit: I would totally want Wario World 2. They did Luigi's Mansion and I always felt those games had a kinship on the GameCube. Like they were briefly doing a thing with the Mario verse

If Luigi's Mansion 2 and 3 are anything to go by, a new Wario World game could be the start of something amazing. Imagine it becomes a full sequel with the insane quality and visual fidelity of the later Luigi's Mansion titles!

A good revival would be to make it a transformation type, but more like Wario Land 4, but with more stages! Wario Land 4 is actually much closer to Wario Land II than it is to Wario Land 3, and you'd be surprised at the similarities they share! (e.g. Levels are done in order, but not strictly (branching paths in WLII, and able to choose any of the 4 main passages at any time you want in WL4), optional treasures hidden in each level (which are CDs in Wario Land 4), no unlockable power-ups (have them all from the beginning), cannot swim against currents, enemies drop coins when defeated (Which are finite in Wario Land 4), Wario drops coins when hit (which can be re-collected in WL4), collected coins after clearing a stage are added to a total which can be spent on mini-games, Wario looking up when the up button is held, etc.)

Simply put: Make it like Wario Land 4, but add more stages, like Wario Land II!

Last edited:
Back