What's your favorite boss battle?

Amiibro

Ph.D Gamer
I have always loved battling bosses it is a very fun and challenging experience (until you've lost like 20 times, at which point it is the most frustrating thing ever) These boss battles are excellent for exp, bragging, or high blood pressure. And so i ask, what is your favorite boss battle from any game final, mini, optional or regular all boss battles are welcome.
Sticking to nintendo i really liked the FB from Luigi's mansion
I like it because the music sets the tone it was kinda challenging and it was a fun creepyish boss battle.
EDIT: The actual boss battle starts at around 2:21

Last edited:
I guess it could be considered a boss battle. It's a harder than average microgame, like a enemy and a harder than average enemy (boss) right? I don't know.

I actually didnt like the final boss fight of Luigis Mansion at all : p It took me forever to figure out how to beat King Boo ; _ ; I couldnt get the pattern down for some reason : /

Anywho, I actually have an all time favorite boss battle ever, yeah :3 The final battle with Ganon, in OoT, when he rises from the ruins of the tower and becomes the pig monster from the previous games, and traps you in a ring of fire, away from Zelda and the Master Sword : p

Haha, its like the most epic boss fight of any game ever for me, I loved everything about it, the music, the stage, the way it was set up, the ring of fire, the sounds, the intensity, and I absolutely loved it when Zelda would scream when you got hit, haha <3 I really thought this was like the greatest moment in a video game ever when I played it, and still believe that to this day : p Nintendo can be way more awesome than people know.

I was also way into the first boss fight with King Bobomb in Mario 64. Haha, Im not sure why, I remember really liking the music a ton, and the stage, and just being my first 3d boss battle in a video game felt totally exciting as a kid, and I think I just all around liked it a ton : p

I really like JRPGs, and my all time favorite boss fight in any JRPG was definitely Radiant Historia for DS. It was a really like.... emotional battle. I dont wanna say too much about the story, but they really set it up to be a real emotional battle, and you really feel like you have something to accomplish in it. It was done way well, and I think its a game that any JRPG fan should play.

Haha, even the music does a really good job of capturing the "urgency" of the battle : p

I really liked fighting the Helmasur King and Trinexx in Zelda: a Link to the Past, just because those monster designs are totally badass. The Helmasaur King especially, because it's the first boss you meet in the Dark World and he's totally massive, threatening, and unlike anything you've faced in the game up until that point.

There are a lot of really good bosses in Zelda though, so there are probably others that I like more but just can't think of right now.

I actually didnt like the final boss fight of Luigis Mansion at all : p It took me forever to figure out how to beat King Boo ; _ ; I couldnt get the pattern down for some reason : /

Anywho, I actually have an all time favorite boss battle ever, yeah :3 The final battle with Ganon, in OoT, when he rises from the ruins of the tower and becomes the pig monster from the previous games, and traps you in a ring of fire, away from Zelda and the Master Sword : p

Haha, its like the most epic boss fight of any game ever for me, I loved everything about it, the music, the stage, the way it was set up, the ring of fire, the sounds, the intensity, and I absolutely loved it when Zelda would scream when you got hit, haha <3 I really thought this was like the greatest moment in a video game ever when I played it, and still believe that to this day : p Nintendo can be way more awesome than people know.

I was also way into the first boss fight with King Bobomb in Mario 64. Haha, Im not sure why, I remember really liking the music a ton, and the stage, and just being my first 3d boss battle in a video game felt totally exciting as a kid, and I think I just all around liked it a ton : p

I really like JRPGs, and my all time favorite boss fight in any JRPG was definitely Radiant Historia for DS. It was a really like.... emotional battle. I dont wanna say too much about the story, but they really set it up to be a real emotional battle, and you really feel like you have something to accomplish in it. It was done way well, and I think its a game that any JRPG fan should play.

Haha, even the music does a really good job of capturing the "urgency" of the battle : p

Yes, the Ganon battle was amazing. Along with everything you said, plus the feeling of excitement and urgency you get when you have to look through your inventory to find a replacement master sword. The Megaton hammer gets a chance to shine. (Or the Bigoron sword).

Well, it depends. I always liked the Tough Possessor battle in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon:

The atmosphere and music is awesome.

I also really like the giant bosses in the Mario & Luigi series. The later ones are super badass, definitely:

And Antasma's final battle in general. God, that nightmare gimmick is pretty clever:

While on the topic of Zelda, I also loved the Armaghoma battle in Twilight princess, in the temple of time. And no I don't just love it because Nintendo got their act together on making an actual arachnid for the boss. I like it because of the use of the otherwise useless rod being used to the max.

I also really love getting to crush the giant spider with a ancient golem's fist. The second part of the battle is interesting too, but I like the first part better.

Well, it depends. I always liked the Tough Possessor battle in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon:

The atmosphere and music is awesome.

I also really like the giant bosses in the Mario & Luigi series. The later ones are super badass, definitely:

And Antasma's final battle in general. God, that nightmare gimmick is pretty clever:

The last giant Luigi battle was badassery at it's finest.

There are a lot of really good bosses in Zelda though, so there are probably others that I like more but just can't think of right now.

LoZ really does have some awesome boss battles.

I also really liked the battle with Vovalgia (spelling?) in the fire temple in OoT, that is another of my all time favorite boss battles. I thought it was like the coolest thing to have a fight with a dragon in a 3d adventure game as a kid, and its still one of my favorite things to do in that game : p And I also always enjoy the fights with the Gerudo thief in the Gerudo fortress.

Don't have favorite boss fights but I do have boss fights I love to make fun of due to how funny, or exploitable, or ridiculous their fight may have been.

As much as I like Mario, boss battles outside of Mario RPGs are kinda meh-ish. A lot of bosses in Mario RPGs are pretty good though.
I particularly liked the Elite Trio boss battle in Mario and Luigi Dream Team. There was a good atmosphere and I felt like the boss music suited that battle the most. The battles against Bowser in the Mario and Luigi RPG series were also memorable.

Youre forgetting about the king bobomb on top of the hill in the first level of SM64, though! D :

And haha I agree with the Mario RPG thing, though Ive only played TTYD. But I loved the boss fights in that game a ton so would definitely agree with you : p

When it comes to platformers I tend to like bosses that don't fight in a very predictable pattern and hate those that do.

Back