• Game & Wario

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
As you know, most of the WarioWare titles are fantastic games. Indeed, with a few exceptions, almost all of them have at least a 75% average on Metacritic, with most of those even going into the 80s and beyond.

It's a great track record for any video game series, and one which stands tall among some of the best Mario spinoffs.

However, there are two games people tend to consider terrible, or at least bad; WarioWare Snapped, and Game & Wario.

So I thought it'd be interesting to find out which of those people here consider the worst, and why. Which is the worst WarioWare game to date?

This to me is quite obvious of an answer. WarioWare Snapped was clearly more of a tech demo than a full game, where the core gimmick was quite hard to get used to. However, Snapped came in with a very fun idea and it was nice to go through aside from the technical difficulties.
Game & Wario can't really be considered a WarioWare game, as it focuses on minigames rather than the other WarioWare titles. That said, if Game & Wario is indeed considered a WarioWare title (which I'm not opposed to), it's a fun game, different, but still fun, I don't think it deserves a title such as the worst game in the series when we have WarioWare Snapped in the list too.
If neither WarioWare Snapped or Game & Wario were considered, I'd pick WarioWare Smooth Moves (sorry for those who like the game) because the motion gimmick is dumb in my opinion and the game sort of started a weird trend in this new style that I'm not too happy about.
Other than that, all games are pretty solid, I mean, they don't really do much as games, they just set out to do what they're designed to, to be a collection of microgames and minigames, wacky and silly and they all do their job well, and that's why I point at WarioWare Snapped mostly, as it fails to be a good representation of the other titles in the series, sticking out like a sore thumb.

In conclusion, WarioWare Snapped isn't "bad", it's just hindered by its own lackluster gimmick and smaller package. This makes it the worst in the series by a large margin.

In conclusion, WarioWare Snapped isn't "bad", it's just hindered by its own lackluster gimmick and smaller package.
This exactly. If we don't count this game, then I'd say Touched. Even though it introduced us to two of the best characters in the franchise, Ashley and Mike, I don't know, there was just something about it that didn't seem as wacky as the other games in the series (for the most part).

I'd say Touched. (...) there was just something about it that didn't seem as wacky as the other games in the series (for the most part).
Interesting, I feel that towards Smooth Moves. But to be honest, anything DS forward was toned down in wackiness quite a lot. Compare the mood of Wario World with Wario Land Shake It or Mario Kart DD with Mario Kart DS, it's like night and day to me.

Interesting, I feel that towards Smooth Moves. But to be honest, anything DS forward was toned down in wackiness quite a lot. Compare the mood of Wario World with Wario Land Shake It or Mario Kart DD with Mario Kart DS, it's like night and day to me.
I see what you're saying with that last part, I feel like that applies a lot with Gold, even though it's still my favorite in the series. I'd say that Smooth Moves is probably the wackiest in the series, honestly. The Wii allowed for the artists to get really creative! I loved the usage of the weird looking 3D models in microgames like Wet Your Whistle, Monkey Crossing and Code Dependency, I think it made it very unique. The whole idea of holding the remote in so many different ways and the hilariously monotone voice introducing each form especially!

Last edited:
Definitely WW: Snapped! to me, since that game only relies on one aspect and nothing else, and is indeed more of a tech demo or "show game" than something that truly feels like a proper video game, even though all WarioWare games are experimental in some way.

Game & Wario is a game that I think is actually a quite decent, if not good game, but I think it shouldn't really be considered WarioWare, since the game is clearly a spinoff, and meant as such, making it, to me at least, a bit like comparing apples with oranges. Yes, the game has many flaws, but these should be seen from a perspective of the game per se, rather than from a WarioWare side.

Snapped is definitely my least favorite. It's difficult to actually get the camera to recognize that you're doing the pose it wants you to. Game & Wario was pretty lackluster but I did enjoy some of the stages such as Gamer and Ashley, as well as some of the wacky souvenirs.

Game & Wario's multiplayer modes are actually a blast. The game "Fruit" is probably the best game in there.
I actually enjoyed quite a few of the minigames from Game and Wario, it's just that the majority of them are...disappointing. Also Fruit is the best multiplayer mode IMO : )

I'd say Snapped, but I personally haven't played it myself since it's rare to find copy and emulating it must be painful; I saw its gameplay on Youtube where it shows you need a 2nd player to have the full experience.
As for Game & Wario, it should've been a tech demo included within the Wii U's launch, not as a full retail price game.

I'd say Snapped, but I personally haven't played it myself since it's rare to find copy and emulating it must be painful; I saw its gameplay on Youtube where it shows you need a 2nd player to have the full experience.
As for Game & Wario, it should've been a tech demo included within the Wii U's launch, not as a full retail price game.
I agree about Game & Wario, it really wasn't worth the money. Also for Snapped if you are interested you can get it on the 3DS eShop for about 5 USD.

I've never even heard of snapped prior to now.
It's a pretty obscure game, even among Wario enthusiasts. It was released as DSiWare and you had to use the DSi's camera to use your face in the microgames, which more than often didn't work. Because of this, and because of being a just-to-be-there game with virtually no storyline or other game modes, it was received rather badly, in both sales (As with most DSiWare titles, as they were never physically avaiable) and and critically, which is a major bummer, since it could have been a much better game if it wasn't made just to be a mere show-off for the DSi's camera.

There weren't that much well-received DSiWare games either, but to someone who has played Shantae: Risky's Revenge, which is widely considered to be one of the best games released as DSiWare, it is all the more sad to see just what other DSiWare titles, Snapped! included, could have been.

Back