[Upcoming Game] Who likes rom hacks? (Double-Sided)

I'm making a rom hack of Earthbound. This is a small project that probably won't take that long.

SCREENSHOT TIME!!!

Story-wise, the game is called Double-Sided. It's called so because you take control of both sides in the game, both good and bad. On the good side, you have Mianna and Benjamin, two friends who learn of the bad side's efforts and attempts to stop them. On the bad side, you have Cube and David. These two suffer from their past, experiencing a horrible tragedy they never forget.

If anyone is actually interested, leave a comment! :D

@607

Yes, unfortunately me giving anyone a ROM is looked down upon and considered piracy. I'm actually surprised someone replied to this thread. I didn't think anyone would care, so thank you!

Although I am allowed to say, Google. Just search Google and it should come up. Any ROM, as far as I know, should work fine. And you can test it soon, because I am about to post the first version. Almost done.

EDIT: You also need Lunar IPS to patch the ROM. I can't tell you personally if it is a good patching system or not, (I have a Mac.) but everyone says it's reliable and safe and whatnot.

Last edited:
I like ROM hacks, though again, Earthbound isn't really my thing. As you can see from my topic about Mario's Nightmare Quest.

As for patching... IPS is good, though the SMW hacking community moved to BPS patches. Maybe you might want to try the former here too?

I would still advise supporting the official release of EastBound if you're worried about piracy.

That said, it is a reason I haven't really engaged in ROM hacks much.

Oh, I know how to download and patch roms, but I don't want to play games I don't actually have. For example, I wanted to hack Super Mario Kart, but before downloading the rom, I actually bought the game on Wii Virtual Console, so I had actually paid money for the game.

I wouldn't feel bad about having a rom of Earthbound. The game's over 20 years old and a lot would've already bought it once or twice. If you're still concerned, you could just buy it on the eshop as well as download it from Google search, or perhaps even look into backing up a physical copy.
Good luck on the project.

Back