Who was your favorite school-teacher or college professor?

I only ever had two math teachers that actually managed to make math something to look forward to. Sadly, both of them moved on before I was finished with elementary and high school, respectively.

They were funny, and they could understand my oddball talking. I still see them from time to time. :)

Too bad most other math teachers weren't nearly as good. Some tried, but all failed.

I had a lot of teachers who I loved. I would say my favorite though is my computer programming/website design teacher. He can be a bit scary when you screw up something, but most of the time he's nice, funny, and understanding. He can also talk about something for a really long time too.

At one point, we had to present how our websites look so far and gain constructive criticism from the class. I was really anxious since I'm kinda afraid of being judged in front of a group of people. When I talked to him about it, he allowed me just to show it to him instead. I found that pretty cool and sweet of him.

Oh yeah he also plays games which is always cool.

For a bit of context, my health is pretty poor. I can't even list everything that's wrong with my body (well, I could, but it would take a lot of thinking to remember all of it). As a result, there have been years where I could barely even leave the house to go to school, so for the most part I did all of my work from home. To help with this process, a teacher would come to my house, give me my work, and help work through a few things. In 10th grade, this teacher was my honors biology teacher. She was incredibly devoted to her job, and was one of the most relatable teachers I've ever had. We developed a few in-jokes, had some good laughs, and overall became really good friends. To this day, she's my favorite teacher I've ever had.

Unfortunately, this story doesn't have such a happy ending so far. It turns out that she actually has a pretty bad case of anorexia, which she was fortunately in control of at the time. However, she was laid off after the year I had her, because she was fairly new at the school, and didn't have the seniority that other teachers had. And unfortunately, she could not find a new teaching job the following year. She ended up losing her control over her body dysmorphia, and had to be hospitalized because she was nearly starving herself to death. We've corresponded a bit since I had her, and she has my continuing support to get through her current struggle. Needless to say, it breaks my heart to know the condition my favorite teacher and close friend is going through.

Mrs. Newman. She was a history teacher I had. I had some struggles when I was in high school, and got into trouble often, and she was like the one person that would help me and stand up for me, and she would even help me with the homework of other classes when I didnt understand it. She was way awesome and helped me alot. She even stood up for me when another teacher threatened to stop grading my work unless I "improved my handwriting", at the time my handwriting was pretty awful, I have a few issues that contribute to that too, but when he did that, I told her, and she totally went to him herself and helped me alot. Not all of my problems I had in school were unfair, I brought some upon myself for being rebellious, but I also struggled with things too, and I was glad to have a teacher who was there for me, instead of treating me like I didnt matter.

Wow, I loved all of my teachers and can't really just pick out one because they were all so great and helpful. I know that I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for my teachers. So I can't just pick one because they are all so close to my heart. Teachers, Coaches, Principals, Guidance Coundelors, The Lunch Ladies were great too.

I have been in Academia for thirty years and have taught at multiple school on both the east and west coast. It is nice to be able to connect on Faculty Row Spam with other professors in the United States and western Europe. I thank Faculty Row and some of the Super Professors for their engagement on this platform

Only teacher i ever liked was my 7th grade science teacher.

He school, not too strict, not to lenient. He used to tell military stories which where cool and wasted class time in a way that didn't get me in trouble.

I used to have a substitute teacher who displayed obvious favoritism towards me simply because of where I was from, lol. Back then, I was immature sometimes as a teenager, but I was able to act fully mature around her and have good conversations with her. It's a shame I only had her as a substitute teacher for only a week.

Most other substitute teachers sucked, except one a few years later. This one was better since all the class (it was a small class) got along well with him while getting things done as well. We had him for a few months as well.

Back