Why is Wario's strength so inconsistent?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
In Wario Land 2 and 3, he's mostly invincible (yet someone is able to die when Rudy the Clown grabs him).

In Wario Land 4 and Shake It, he has a health bar, but can throw most enemies around with ease and seems able to smash through metal like its paper.

In World... he's basically god. He can pick up a freaking T-rex (or any of the other giant bosses) and throw them around like they're action figures.

And in WarioWare... he's even more over the show. He seems mostly invincible given all the stuff he survives, yet fails to stop a train in one game despite having stopped multiple in his Wario Land adventures. And Wario Man? Yeah. He's super strong in Twisted, laughably weak in Touched, invincible in Smash Bros and... somehow struggles with a toilet door in DIY Showcase. What's his deal?

So why is his strength so inconsistent? Heck, how strong is Wario meant to be anyway?

I think that in the Wario Land and platformer series he's depicted as being very strong and muscly, but each dev team seems to have different pespectives on his strength. In WarioWare he kinda always seemed to be seen as a couch potato and just kinda...fat and lame (something I strongly dislike about the WarioWare series).

I think it's on purpose.
I always saw it as Wario told the story in Land: he's epic, amazing and strong!
Then in the spin-offs he looks fat because everyone else gets a say in the story.

I have a headcanon that Wario gets his strength and durability from working out, and the reason he is weak in the WarioWare series is because he’s always busy with his company. For spinoffs, he usually is a high power character, but always in the cinematic included, they make him look like a weak idiot, but only because the devs believe that Wario is just some loser.

I have a headcanon that Wario gets his strength and durability from working out, and the reason he is weak in the WarioWare series is because he’s always busy with his company. For spinoffs, he usually is a high power character, but always in the cinematic included, they make him look like a weak idiot, but only because the devs believe that Wario is just some loser.

But he does quite a lot of workout in the WarioWare series though.

Maybe its because the quality of garlic he eats varies from game to game??? Oooooo spooky WARIO thought

Maybe its because the quality of garlic he eats varies from game to game??? Oooooo spooky WARIO thought

images

That's actually not that far-fetched at all. Why has nobody brought up this simple theory before?

Back