Will Nintendo ever recognise the existence of Virtual Boy Wario Land?

The game's forgotten because of the failure that console got, like Stanley from Donkey Kond 3, who also got forgotten because he debuted the same year when the video-game crash started.

The game's forgotten because of the failure that console got, like Stanley from Donkey Kond 3, who also got forgotten because he debuted the same year when the video-game crash started.
At least DK3 is a VC title and an e-Reader game. Mainly I think it's because it's an arcade game.

I do remember some winks to it from the Wario Ware series, mainly 9-volts minigames from time to time, and the ALL HAIL THE VIRTUAL BOY thing in Tomodachi Life, but that's about it :c

They have the best chance to bring it back with the 3DS but noooo, they pretend to be all humble laughing at their mistakes and all but absolutely no way they gon do it for realsies. Stoopids.

I do remember some winks to it from the Wario Ware series, mainly 9-volts minigames from time to time, and the ALL HAIL THE VIRTUAL BOY thing in Tomodachi Life, but that's about it :c

They have the best chance to bring it back with the 3DS but noooo, they pretend to be all humble laughing at their mistakes and all but absolutely no way they gon do it for realsies. Stoopids.

Nintendo made a pretty big mistake with the Virtual Boy and the 3DS, by forgetting that the Virtual Boy's games were not the only reason it failed (and that they arguably weren't even all that terrible).

Practically speaking, it's lineup is kind of equivalent to the Wii U's lineup had it got canned about two weeks after launch day. A bit disappointing, but mostly the same old 'early' titles that never really took advantage of the system (with some classics like Wario Land in there). If they were rereleased on the Virtual Console, they would have been no worse than many other 'average' Nintendo games from yesteryear.

The thing is that they'd definitely have nothing to lose by rereleasing it on the 3DS, and it would actually be efficient to do so. The Virtual Boy's games weren't all bad, it was the system at fault mainly since its design was absolutely pitiful. I'll never understand it since they're all too keen to rerelease other stuff for the millionth time such as Super Mario Bros and all, in spite of those games being very easy to emulate. Granted, the Virtual Boy can be emulated too, but the 3D gimmick is lost since a standard computer is obviously unable to recreate that. I'm sure many people would buy Virtual Boy Wario Land for the sake of playing the game properly, and utilising the cards it was originally dealt without getting in an obsolete and terrible console.

...That said I only have a 2DS so it's lost on me anyway.

Back