Will Super Smash Bros for Switch feature more Wario content?

You know what I'd like to see? (And I'm sure people might disagree with me, but it might be interesting!)
Either a Pirate based stage or a Bowling based stage, both from Game & Wario!
Where in the Pirate stage you'd have to do your best to not let the stage get hit by cannon balls as Captain Wario gives instructions,
and the Bowling stage would have the players have to avoid incoming bowling balls, while the stage changes with the figurines of the WarioWare crew!

latest

You know what I'd like to see? (And I'm sure people might disagree with me, but it might be interesting!)
Either a Pirate based stage or a Bowling based stage, both from Game & Wario!
Where in the Pirate stage you'd have to do your best to not let the stage get hit by cannon balls as Captain Wario gives instructions,
and the Bowling stage would have the players have to avoid incoming bowling balls, while the stage changes with the figurines of the WarioWare crew!
I'd be on board for the Pirates stage. Captain Wario can direct his minions towards any of the characters playing to shoot arrows at them, and they must avoid them.

Anyway, if there were to be another mode like Smash Run or Adventure or whatever, a few enemies like....Fronks.
Along with MechaWarios (from Arrow), or Captain Wario's ghost minions from Pirates.

I'd hope a few Wario Land enemies would appear in an adventure mode for a game like this, though some WarioWare ones would be neat to see too.

I can expect the Warioware Inc. or the Gamer stage will stay in. Maybe Wario Man Side B will be his car or replace his final smash and make it be like Captain Falcon's. There may be more Wario related trophies but who cares about them anyways.

Hoping it's the Gamer one, since WarioWare Inc has been a stage in two games now.

But hey, it's really a Wario Land stage we want here.

I'd give anything for more Wario representation in Smash. I love the Wario Land stage in Project M. I thought it was really cool how they made their interpretation of what the Shake King's throne room would look like after Wario defeated him and stole it.

A bizarre idea that I had once was a Rudy the Clown stage. It would probably be a flat stage with edges that you can walk off (no pits, in other words). After a while, Rudy would appear and use his hands as platforms for the players. Perhaps he'd occasionally do an attack with one of his hands. Ideally, it wouldn't be too chaotic unlike some of Smash 4's stage hazards. If his nose gets hit enough, Rudy will disappear similar to his defeat in WL3, and then he'd reappear after some time.

It's a shame with Smash 4 they took away his Shoulder Bash Forward Smash for a generic punch. Real shame how they don't honor Wario's roots at all and make it pure WarioWare fare which is unfair because a character is suppose to represent all aspects of them not just one.

It's a shame with Smash 4 they took away his Shoulder Bash Forward Smash for a generic punch. Real shame how they don't honor Wario's roots at all and make it pure WarioWare fare which is unfair because a character is suppose to represent all aspects of them not just one.

Only Wario's special attacks borrow from WarioWare. His smash attacks are all exaggerated versions of Mario's.

Smash Bros snubs all of Wario Land's hard work, and reverts him back to his original premise as an exaggerated Mario doppelganger. I'm sure this is the true reason his trademark shoulder barge was removed.

7c406b45daf3aded0f6dea5fe4ea008b0bd4a80a_hq.jpg
a4a.jpg

ip1HiXQ.jpg
DNRiNcr.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20070705095409804-000.jpg
OHcJrSF.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if Wario will be a secret character or unlocked from the beginning. Remember how Smash 4 did that and no one knew if Wario was actually in the game at first?

I wonder if Wario will be a secret character or unlocked from the beginning. Remember how Smash 4 did that and no one knew if Wario was actually in the game at first?
Considering the leak, the whole world will discover it in some way or other:
smash-leak-15.jpg

The REAL question is, will they add a sidekick for Wario? Mario, Donkey Kong and Bowser already have one. Dr. Mario wouldn't count although he shares the same universe with Wario Land.

Holding out hope that Wario Land will get more representation. It can even be small things, like bringing back the shoulder-barge from Brawl. Although a full-on Wario Land stage would make me ecstatic.

Because it's happening at some point, and I'm honestly suspecting we'll see it announced during this year's E3 or something similar.

So do you think the game will feature more Wario related content? Like say, some characters from Wario Land or Ware, a few stages from Wario Land, more music, etc?

Because to be honest, it's hard to really tell which direction the previous games went where this franchise is concerned. On the one hand Smash 4 got rid of Wario's shoulder barge, yet at the same time it also added at least song from Wario Land Shake It to the music selection.

What's in store for the series this time around?
Well it seems that they are giving Wario Land more attention. They added his Dash Attack, and golden buttons as reference to Wario Land 4. I crossing my fingers for more Wario Land OST, however. For WarioWare, not much seems in stock. He doesn't move as fast like in brawl like his microgames, and wanted WarioWare characters like Ashley don't appear to be in it.

"Reminder, that Wario universe still has 1 track confirmed, it's not even new one, and we still don't even know the number we will have, supposted to be here."
Seriously, this number can be super random. Like, Castlevania has 34 and Wii Fit has 10, for some reason, Yet Final Fantasy still has only 2. At least one new Wario Land track would be cool. If not, then please, bring Mona Pizza Song back. I'll be happy, if we get at least 5-7 total.

(At least I can expect few more throwbacks to arcade Namco games, that got no tracks in Smash 4.:D)

Back