Will Super Smash Bros for Switch feature more Wario content?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Because it's happening at some point, and I'm honestly suspecting we'll see it announced during this year's E3 or something similar.

So do you think the game will feature more Wario related content? Like say, some characters from Wario Land or Ware, a few stages from Wario Land, more music, etc?

Because to be honest, it's hard to really tell which direction the previous games went where this franchise is concerned. On the one hand Smash 4 got rid of Wario's shoulder barge, yet at the same time it also added at least song from Wario Land Shake It to the music selection.

What's in store for the series this time around?

I think it's pretty easy to tell what we are going to get.

In other words : Next to nothing, especially not from Wario Land, I'll be thankful enough if they continue to keep the Kat & Ana Assist Trophy around.

Because it's happening at some point, and I'm honestly suspecting we'll see it announced during this year's E3 or something similar.

So do you think the game will feature more Wario related content? Like say, some characters from Wario Land or Ware, a few stages from Wario Land, more music, etc?

Because to be honest, it's hard to really tell which direction the previous games went where this franchise is concerned. On the one hand Smash 4 got rid of Wario's shoulder barge, yet at the same time it also added at least song from Wario Land Shake It to the music selection.

What's in store for the series this time around?
If Sakurai truly backs off on directing the next installment...

That's a good point actually. We don't know if Sakurai will still be directing, and if he isn't, there's then hope for someone who appreciates the Wario series a bit more.

That's a good point actually. We don't know if Sakurai will still be directing, and if he isn't, there's then hope for someone who appreciates the Wario series a bit more.
Well, I wouldn't mind if they get Mario Odyssey's crew supervise the new Smash, I mean they will add and/or added obscure outfits like Mario's tourist shirt or his scientist Super Gameboy commercial labcoat, they even got his astronaut outfit from Super Mario Land 2 and BS Satellaview.

Well, I wouldn't mind if they get Mario Odyssey's crew supervise the new Smash, I mean they will add and/or added obscure outfits like Mario's tourist shirt or his scientist Super Gameboy commercial labcoat, they even got his astronaut outfit from Super Mario Land 2 and BS Satellaview.

Good point. Come on Mario Odyssey makers! Your turn to shine with Super Smash Bros!

I have become more careful over who to suspect in regards to questionable decisions in Smash, but it's pretty obvious that something is up in regards to Wario in Smash, especially Land, considering that Smash disregards it enough to even state that it's WarioWare where Wario made his name, without even a mention of the Land series.

That goes beyond just not having much content from Land in Smash, that's straight up contempt for the series and regardless who's to blame, it's shitty.

Considering early rumors have been that the Switch Smash Bros will be, for now, a bit fo a game of the year edition of Smash For with all the stuff from both the 3DS and WiiU versions plus some stuff that was cut for hardware limitation reasons, likely answer is no, we get nothing.

Well... we know it's happening. Smash is coming out this year. What I hope for Wario is a complete move set restart. I want all of his B specials to change to represent WarioLand.

Unfortunately, moveset overhauls are very rare in fighting games so we'll probably still be stuck with Wario's bizarre moveset so we'll have to hope for other stuff.

The sad fact is that Sakurai is involved again. How involved? I don't know.

It's odd. The guy doesn't want to do it again and yet he keeps doing it!

I don't know if this has been said already, but as long as Mashpotato Samurai directs it, I doubt it. Although I think he is a genius for creating one of the most notable series in videogaming history, I was disappointed to see that he's directing 5. It seems like every Smash game now is supposed to be his last. If there's a way that they could have a group of people handle the characters' representation and movesets, I'd be hopeful for Wario (and heck, even Ganondorf). But as long as he's in charge, I can expect that whatever minute "crumbs" of the Wario Land series exist in Smash now will probably be removed for some silly reason in 5.

As for Wario Ware content, I'd be hopeful. Smash 4 seems to have a handful of references to it, even making some of the characters Assist Trophies! Perhaps if we're lucky, we'll see a character or two make it in. It's unlikely, but I don't think it's entirely out of the question.

Maybe WarioWare Gold will make SSB team add something new... Of course not, who am I lying to? But I hope Wario Wart will be changed to something better: Even throwing WarioWare Bomb down with same "Wart" effect will look better.

(Am I the only guy to prefer Bike move? Nothing aginish Shoulder Bash.)

Doubt it. If it wasn't for Wario in Smash already there's no way we would've gotten the little representation
we got now otherwise. Always hopeful of Wario Land representation in trophies or music but the last two games didn't help making me feel like it'll actually happen this time.

(Am I the only guy to prefer Bike move? Nothing aginist Shoulder Bash.)

No, you're not the only one. Bike is probably the most versatile move in the history of Smash. It's hard to think of something that Bike doesn't do. It's an attack. It's a projectile. It's one of the best recovery moves in the game. It's a kill move. It eats projectiles. It's an approach option. It charges his Waft. It can be an excellent gimp move. It allows for some crazy mindgames. And heck, it gives Wario HP recovery, even if it's only 1%. Granted, it doesn't necessarily do all of these things quickly or efficiently, but it's hard to think of another move that has even half as many possible uses as Wario Bike.

At the same time, there are few things I find as satisfying as Earthshake Punching an opponent, reading their roll and killing them at low percentage with shoulder bash in PM. I wish we could have both.

I wonder if you could sacrifice the Chomp move for the Shoulder Barge attack and change Wario's air down attack to a ground pound? That alone would satisfy me as a Wario Land fan.

Sure you wouldn't be able to eat your bike but you'd still have the bike and it can still do all those other cool things.

Yeah, it seems like the Mario Odyssey team is similar to the Sonic Mania team in that respect (like, fans of Mario that grew up to become game developers), with the difference I guess being directly part of Nintendo, rather than being a 2nd party dev, like Christian Whitehead and Headcannon. It'd be really cool to see a Smash game be worked on by fans of all the different fandoms represented in Smash. Like, for example, if they got that 'SuperMarioKai64 (whatever his name is)' guy we'd finally see the "Dragon's Ascension" trope be used in the form of Waluigi getting his own character slot.

I wonder if you could sacrifice the Chomp move for the Shoulder Barge attack and change Wario's air down attack to a ground pound? That alone would satisfy me as a Wario Land fan.
They'd have to do that thing where it plays that gravelly 12.5% pulse (EOW-WEH-O-WEHHH), and the only difference between the fall animation and the impact is his hat temporarily lifts a couple inches.
Oh, and uh, to clarify I'm talkin' about Wario Land 2's version of the ground pound.

Back