Would you be OK with Gold being the last game?

Hmm?

• Total voters

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
Not that I think Gold's commercial performance will doom the series (the opposite actually) but I'm wondering what everyone thinks.

It seems almost heretical to say in this age of endless mega-franchises, but yeah I would. From a gameplay standpoint, Gold does feel pretty definitive in quantity, quality and how it mix the type of inputs featured throughout the series. from a ~story~ perspective, it does a pretty admirable job at bringing all the major characters and giving them equal focus (except Mike, poor bastard) and it actually kind of resolve the running gag of Wario not paying his employees by having them get one on him for once. It's a lovely little game and a far more fitting note to end on than Game & Wario.

Furthermore, looking at the history of nintendo rd1/spd1/whatever theyre called now, it's clear the studio is at its best when it does new and surprising things that upends the conventions of video games, not churning out endless sequels because that's what the fans want. WarioWare itself exists because its makers decided to do something new instead of Wario Land 5 or Kid Icarus 3, after all.

Well Nintendo always has new ideas for consoles that new WarioWare games can put to use and after going through what does and doesn't work some we can get a more refined WarioWare games someday. There's always room for improvement. Though if they focus less on WarioWare to try new IPs I'm certainly ok with that. Of a slew of games better than WW come in then yeah let WarioWare die. I just want that new WarioLand.wariosm2;

Gosh, who knows when this series will come to an end. It's 15 years old. I just really hope they make one for the Switch (even though I don't have one).

Definitely don't want the series to end, but if it somehow will, then at least WarioWare Gold was a spectacular finale, and a worthy conclusion to an unforgettable series.

Honestly, when considering how uncertain the future of WarioWare felt, before Gold was announced, I'm already incredibly grateful that we got another game at all.

Either way, given the option I'd obviously prefer for Ware to go on for as long as possible, but if Gold were to be the swansong of the series, I'd be satisfied with how it went out.

I can picture your minigame cutscene being in the airplane waiting to go to the philipines but you had to take a wicked number 2 so thats where the minigame starts and also your health points would be eggs aka balut so when you lose an egg cracks and the bird comes out.
It was gonna be like that in my debut in the first WarioWare but noooooooo gotta be just Wario and Waluigi to keep the Mario Bros parallel, Waluigi aint in WW. That fuckin floozey ruined my career and now im stuck rambling on a forum no one cares about

Back