Your favorite "little things" in the WarioWare series

How in WarioWare Gold, in the nose-picking microgame, the nose will occasionally be a mouth, and you must not pick in order to win. When you win, Mona will say ¨Aren't you clever!¨ but when you lose, she will say ¨You fell for it!¨

I really like how in WW Gold, they gave the characters more fitting quotes.

There's a microgame in Touched (and Gold) where you remove this hot guy's clothes so they can cool down.
But... after you finish, you can attempt to remove their underwear, and they cover their crotch with a leaf!

The little tidbits of continuity, references, quirks, cameoes and lore that comes up every now and then (The japanese Diary entries, Gold's character cards and videos, major or minor characters appearing in multiple character PVs), It's very little and you don't really need any of these things, but I really like them as these little tidbits go a long way and make WarioWare's world feel like a cohesive and slightly in depth world and I appreciative that little extra effort, even if isn't neccessarily needed.

Also the little moments that you can activate in the transition screens in older games. like in D.I.Y, if you take away enough masks from Ashley, you'll get a brief glimpse of her being happy before continuing onwards (Also, Red's expressions throughout the unmasking).
tumblr_ouz9rxGu1r1rrftcdo1_400.gif

or in Mega Mircogame$ when you turn on the TV in Wario's transition screen after a boss, you'll have a different image each time you'll do so.
tumblr_n3l15qGbsw1rrftcdo1_500.gif

Not neccessarily needed, but these little moments adds a lot to the known charm and personality to the series.

Same goes with the different and specific voice lines in Gold that can occur in the stages depending on your actions to a lesser extent (Such as having every character say a different line when going up to a boss either with no fails prior or just having one live left).

Once again, not really needed, but still a neat little tidbit to have.

Last edited:
The large amount of references to both earlier WarioWare games as well as games from outside the series is one of the things that makes WarioWare so damn likeable.

I like how some of Wario's microgames appear in Dribble & Spitz's and Kat & Ana's levels in Inc. so that the player wouldn't have to play the same 25 microgames every time.

I like how some of Wario's microgames appear in Dribble & Spitz's and Kat & Ana's levels in Inc. so that the player wouldn't have to play the same 25 microgames every time.
you wouldn't anyway, though. Despite 25 being the necessary completion requirement, there are easily twice that amount available for play in either stage. It's just that the selection is far less randomized when you're playing through the first time, and your chances of seeing the "hidden" games are next to zero, so it seems like it's rigid.

you wouldn't anyway, though. Despite 25 being the necessary completion requirement, there are easily twice that amount available for play in either stage. It's just that the selection is far less randomized when you're playing through the first time, and your chances of seeing the "hidden" games are next to zero, so it seems like it's rigid.
Yeah, I know about the randomization of microgames when you play the level, but if they hadn't put Wario's games into the mix and had the goal be 25 in the first place, then yes, the player would see all 25 for every playthrough. Tiene sentido. What do you mean by "twice the amount"?

Yeah, I know about the randomization of microgames when you play the level, but if they hadn't put Wario's games into the mix and had the goal be 25 in the first place, then yes, the player would see all 25 for every playthrough. Tiene sentido. What do you mean by "twice the amount"?
Are you aware of "Top Score" Mode? Even after playing the 25 main microgames the first time, if you go to Top Score mode and look at that same stage, you'll see clearly that there are still some hidden "question mark" games for that stage. Probably not actually twice the amount, but probably somewhere close to it (except maybe in the case of Wario's Anything Goes games, which I think has something crazy like 56-58 different microgames).

Are you aware of "Top Score" Mode? Even after playing the 25 main microgames the first time, if you go to Top Score mode and look at that same stage, you'll see clearly that there are still some hidden "question mark" games for that stage. Probably not actually twice the amount, but probably somewhere close to it (except maybe in the case of Wario's Anything Goes games, which I think has something crazy like 56-58 different microgames).
Yes, that's because Wario's games are in those stages. If it weren't for Wario's games also being in there, there wouldn't be any question marks because the player would have already played all 25 microgames in those two levels.

Yes, that's because Wario's games are in those stages. If it weren't for Wario's games also being in there, there wouldn't be any question marks because the player would have already played all 25 microgames in those two levels.
(Okay, so to start off, I meant Grid Mode, sorry. Also.) well I'll be damned. I just opened up by GBA and sure enough, their stages do in fact only have 25. Even Wario's Laptop only had 25. My memory was just fuckin' with me because the amounts I originally was talking about were what it felt like when I went through them getting Top Scores and stuff. It's been something like 4 years since then, so my memory of the actual statistics there got a little skewed
wl1-hwuh.png
sorry

Yeah, every level in Inc. has 25 games except for Wario's introduction, which has only 13, for a total of 213. Also, I love how sometimes the microgame descriptions are written from the perspective of the microgame's host (primarily in Inc. and Gold)! ¡Pienso que es muy interesante!

I also very much liked how they used multiple jingles for each stage in the original game, I kind of wish they did that for other ones in the franchise. I love the little sound effects in Mona's.

Yeah, indeed. But the single best sound in the WarioWare series is that jingle you hear when claiming prize money for completing missions in WarioWare Gold. They couldn't've chosen a more satisfying sound. It really gives you a feeling of reward. A feeling of... greed. :wahlaughback:

Back