Your favorite Wario Land 2 levels

warelander

Some random guy online
A bit late, but @pumab requested it in the ''favorite Land 3 levels thread'', so here it is.

I always associate the levels more by the full chapters, rather then the individual levels, but a number do stand out to me:

''The Really Final Chapter'' would be an obvious one, extremely trippy and bizzare and incredibly memorable for it, the Time Trial aspect also makes it stand out, especially since the level is designed around the gimmick.

''Stop that train!'' Was also always one I really liked and I love that Shake It had a level similar to it.

''Inside the ruins'' Escape from the ruins!'' and ''Captured Syrup!'' Are also neat, I just really like the old, sunken ruins theme the have.

Outside of that I also love the full S S Teacup and Castle Syrup chapters, among others, those are just some individual stages that come to mind.

I really love the pair of levels: Drop The Anchor & Escape From The Tea Cup.
If you analyze these levels, you will see that they use the exact same layot, but one of them is normal, and one of them is destoryed and flooded.
This is the kind of stuff that you would expect from a metroid-vania exploration game, or Wario Land 3. Not from separate levels.
And yet that is how the levels are designed, and that is awesome.
And i just love the entierty of Chapter 4: In Town. Despite "Down To The Cellar" being the level where I got stuck forever as a kid, I still really love, especialy Stop That Train, Up To The Rooftop and Anyone For B-Ball?

No way, one level that really stood out to me was “SS Tea Cup — Return the hen to her nest.” Maybe because rare or unique things are more attractive, as the way the hen behaved was unique and I really like chasing her around. She would fly by the hill and I would get her on the other side. The whole flying aspect was neat. The underground of this level is one of the most beautiful places in the game, since often there are aberrant colors, but not there. : )

No way, one level that really stood out to me was “SS Tea Cup — Return the hen to her nest.” Maybe because rare or unique things are more attractive, as the way the hen behaved was unique and I really like chasing her around. She would fly by the hill and I would get her on the other side. The whole flying aspect was neat. The underground of this level is one of the most beautiful places in the game, since often there are aberrant colors, but not there. : )
Get in the Tea Cup was my favourite but maybe only becouse of the music :) With the seagulls cry it's the best
also I really liked Escape from the Ruins , always wanted to reach the water part but its out of the map x)

CnV5FAG.jpg

I really hated the first level; too much coin scavenging, too little change in scenery or challenge and having an alarm clock greet you is the pits.

However, the fact that sleeping for a while makes you enter an entirely different storyline is my favorite part of the entire game.

I really hated the first level; too much coin scavenging, too little change in scenery or challenge and having an alarm clock greet you is the pits.

However, the fact that sleeping for a while makes you enter an entirely different storyline is my favorite part of the entire game.

the thing is, it's the first level. You start with 0 coins, and you need to be able to collect 200 coins for Treasure Minigame Easy Mode, and the Picture Panel Minigame.
Having less coins than the level provides would have actualy screwed your minigame chances, and that would have been bad design.

To add to that, the coin collecting is pretty fun. I love all the secret passages in the first level. Is it overdone? I dunno, maybe. The alarm being annoying is understandable. Personally, the first level left a great first impression of the game for me.

I really liked the factory levels for some reason. And the level where you climb the towers in the city. The secret exit of S.S Cup flooding the ship is a nice touch as well. Any levels with the owl I like as well. I find controlling the owl fun for some reason and collecting the coins.

The only level I hated was "Find the hidden door", the level which simply composed of dashing and ground-pounding randomly into walls everywhere with no hint of them being breakable to beat the level.

Back