Yuji Naka has joined Square-Enix

TB100

What you see is what you get, just a guy...
Now I wasn't really sure where this would be appropriate in, So I just decided to make this it's own thread.

So Yuji Naka of Sonic Team fame (Being the co creator of Sonic and NiGHTs among others) has recently announced on his Twitter that he has joined Square Enix.

Now i'm not really sure what exactly is gonna happen from here on out, (I'm especially curious about what will happen to his company Prope) but good luck to him and I hope he and Square-Enix can make some great stuff.

What does anyone else think of the news though?
And are you looking forward to seeing what Yuji brings to the table with Square-Enix

I have cautious optimism, at his best im sure he can insert some great stuff into what Square Enix already has going on but a new company means a new team so we're gonna have to wait and see of he works well with Square Enix. Im not doubting him or SE but some small things like disagreements on how the game will be made (like how they want a certain important character to be) can have some big consequences on how a game will turn out so we just have to wait and see how well Yuji Naka and Square Enix go together.

Isn't Yuji Naka more of a programmer above anything else? He's a really good one but I don't really see what he can bring to the table at Square Enix.

Isn't Yuji Naka more of a programmer above anything else? He's a really good one but I don't really see what he can bring to the table at Square Enix.

most still think of him as the creator (singular) of sonic because he played the politics game well

Looks like, we now know what Yuji Naka was up to at Square Enix and holy shit, it's classic Sonic Team
in all it's glory. Complete with Naoto Ohshima doing the art.

Last edited:
Back