Any characters you don't like that much?

You know its bad when your minions have a cooler design than you do.
Speaking of which, how come we don't have a dancing space bunnies emoticon?
spacebunny.gif
spacebunny.gif
spacebunny.gif
spacebunny.gif
spacebunny.gif
spacebunny.gif
spacebunny.gif
spacebunny.gif

There wouldn't have been as much attention drawn to Ashley's domination of the Badge Arcade, if nothing else. There'd still be posts about her badges, and maybe a couple comments of "Ugh, why isn't there anyone else too?", but not pages of the same.

There wouldn't have been as much attention drawn to Ashley's domination of the Badge Arcade, if nothing else. There'd still be posts about her badges, and maybe a couple comments of "Ugh, why isn't there anyone else too?", but not pages of the same.
It's just that WarioWare was never a character-driven series, which is why this is so surprising.

Ashley never was among my favorites in the Ware cast, but I can safely say that without that one certain guy I wouldn't have ever been so extremely annoyed by the mere mention of her name, hell, remember when I was happy when we first found out that she is in Mario Maker?

Last edited:
It wasn't just Kyon, you know. It's not fair to keep singling him out for this.

Fast forward to now, we have more people acting like Ashley's the only thing that matters in the WarioWare series. And even Nintendo seems to be like this about it.
It also doesn't help how even Smash Bros. 4 went out of its way to insinuate that the series should be all about only her. Hell, I'm actually surprised that the new Wario stage was Gamer instead of Ashley.

Last edited:
I dislike talking too much about people behind their backs and I don't want to slip into my old self-righteous ways so I'll keep this short.

While that is a popular sentiment elsewhere, it isn't a popular one here. Some people may have Ashley as their favorite but no one else here acted like Ashley deserved to overshadow everything e;se Wario related.

Anyway, back to the topic on hand... I feel like 18-Volt struggles a bit as a character. 9-Volt being introduced by himself first allowed him to easily establish himself. 18-Volt being introduced later and put with 9-Volt has sort of left him as a disadvantage on being able to stand on his own. I thought it was an interesting decision that they picked him as a solo character for DIY Showcase. Kind of a shame that's just a side game with no story since it did have a bit of an interesting dynamic.

Yeah, I still don't get what the hell 18-Volt's deal is.

He goes to the same school as 9-Volt. With that appearance. And...

fuck man, my brain can't handle this

I always imagine his height and looks to be a genetic mutation of sorts.
Just makes the most sense to me personally as there does exist conditions very similar to his in reality. (Where a person can look much older then they actually are.)

Like this for example.
So it's not too far fetched I don't think.

Last edited:
I always assumed he hit puberty and got held back one year so he's a bit taller and leaner and they played up his contrast with other students by making him huge.

Reactions: Liz
I thought it was an interesting decision that they picked him as a solo character for DIY Showcase. Kind of a shame that's just a side game with no story since it did have a bit of an interesting dynamic.
It's even more of a shame that he got such dumb sounding voice clips that time around. I loved his WW:Twisted clips but these... not so much.

I still wonder what the hell the deal with 18-Volt in Touched was, I mean where did the idea of him only having a one-word (hue) vocabulary come from?

Back