Appreciation and Discussion Thread for the Ware characters (outside of Ashley)

warelander

Some random guy online
Just to make one thing clear from the start, the only reason I excluded Ashley from this thread is because she already has her own dedicated thread and I want to avoid reduntancy, there is no dislike towards the character involved.

For Ashley discussions go here:
http://warioforums.com/index.php?threads/the-ashley-and-red-thread.1477/

With that said, I want to make this thread just for the sake of giving the rest of the Ware cast some love, discuss anything about them, share opinions about then or anything else you can think of.

As for myself WarioWare's cast (including Ashley I might add ) still remains one of my favorite Nintendo casts, they may not be very deep or significant as far as Nintendo as a whole is concerned, but they are above all else fun and lovable, my favorites being all three Volts, for obvious reasons and Kat & Ana, for being adorable as all get out and I do love me some ninjas.

While WarioWare's future is uncertain I do hope that the characters will be able to live on, the newest Rythm Heaven is a good sign in that regard and I can only hope that more of that nature will follow and that at least some of it will reach the west, in the past I have let out some very pessimistic comments in that regard, but I'm trying to shake that off, which is why I want to make this thread, just to share more optimistic thoughts and highliting our appreciation for these charas.

My 3rd favorite Warioware character is Penny. (just behind Mona and way behind Ashley.)

tumblr_inline_mwse38Oug31s1tfql.png
I love her design, sort of cute actually. I thought she was Mona's little sister at one point, when I was getting to know the series. Honestly I only thought this because of the hair color. I think I made a mii of her to play as in Mario kart as well.

I don't really talk about her as well, because I have nothing to talk about. She hasn't really appeared much. Probably in a new WarioWare, one day. When Nintendo actually makes a new one. Maybe for the phone app!

Penny's a great character, when we actually got dialogue for her in DIY. I liked her design and whatnot previously, but she wasn't explored that much beforehand or since. That's really the thing that disappoints me about the series the most, really; the characters have a lot of potential, but aren't explored that much. That's why I feel like Penny stands out comparatively.

Sure, I haven't played any WarioWare games yet, since I spent all my Money on Smash DLC and Wario land 3. So I could never really get to know all these characters really well. (Aside from Ashley tho, duh!) Penny, I like for design as of right now. If I had to guess she sort of looks like an out-going type, not as much as Mona though. Also looks very smart, but glasses can be misleading.

Bigger the glasses, smarter the person. And her glasses are huge, so smart looking girl indeed.

I also have this thing with 9-volt, I really just dislike him. Probably not hate, but I just don't like the guy, which is weird since a girl I like really likes him, her 2nd favorite Ware character (Ashley being 1st.) I guess when somebody said 9-volt was more popular than Ashley the dislike started for him flamed up!

I find his mother cool when it comes to design.

I dunno about relatable. I don't wear a helmet with a light on top of my head 24/7., relatable in gaming, yes. I don't really like his design either, kinda weird. I think his design is mostly it, but don't mean I judge people on looks in real life. I love out-going people, or mean people that actually mean well and/or has a heart underneath all that anger.

I like 18-volt though, cool guy. He also has that Donkey kong teeth style going for him.

You know I'm all for differing opinions, but using the thread to talk about your dislike of a character is really shitting on the appreciation part, there are plenty of negative things I could say about Ashley and yet I don't, because it just doesn't belong.

If you want to talk about your dislike for him there are other threads for that, this one here is meant to be positive in tone.

The word "appreciation" in the title already suggests what I said about a positive tone, I also stress plenty of times that I made this thread for the sake of promoting positive opinions regarding the subject at hand.

Just forget it, do what ever the hell you want, I'll go and try to forget I even made this thread.

Whoops, didn't catch that. English isn't my first, so I didn't really understand what that meant either, so I just amused we could talk about our likes and dislikes about characters.

If that's the case I can''t fault you too much, I just couldn't help but be a bit upset, since that was exactly against what I wanted the thread to be about.

On that note there shouldn't be any
anti-Ashley posts either, regardless how frustrating the current situation in regards to the other Ware characters is.

I do need to apologize, I wanted to make a positive thread , because of how unpleasent I found some of my more cynical posts in the past and now I made this thread unpleasent by flipping like this...

I do need to apologize, I wanted to make a positive thread , because of how unpleasent I found some of my more cynical posts in the past and now I made this thread unpleasent by flipping like this...
hey now, you werent the one who pretty much turned it to 'I guess I like them but it ain't worth discussin'. I'd be pissed off if I was you, too :c

In all seriousness tho, the cast is truly great and deserves more love. The original game in particular did this thing where they had themes instead of gimmicks, and under the context of them being game developers you could really tell part of their personalities. Mona having a gross sense of humour for example, is super unexpected but it makes her character really interesting, plus it goes along with her affinity with Wario and the fact she's kinda the poster character for WW along with Jimmy; there's no story to be told but it's really cool to think she wants to impress the boss or something like that, haha!

I also like how sometimes the developers pay attention to detail. Jimmy's theme was sports next to the music motif, and in DiY his level was an aerobics class, thats a pretty clever mix!

im real fuckin sleepy so im just gonna point out how i blew my mind a while ago realizin that jimmy and crygor, who were the only human males besides wario at the start, all had a unique nose + mustache combo going on. And it was like, such a subtle relation to Wario. Kinda wish they really added the coloured nose gimmick to the whole cast like a trademark sort of thing, it works wonders to define it as a wario cast <3

I shouldn't ship her with Ashley, but I do. I never use the term "my OTP" (One true pairing) unless I'm talking about these two.

I don't normally ship her at all, probably just once or twice. The one I did ship her with was Mr.L (Way better than waluigixAshley ships, I can tell you that lol.)

So yeah, I really like this Mona character too. I love her design, mostly in Game and Wario though, that's the game where I first liked this character. I loved to watch her intro to her mini game about getting pictures of people, so she is my 2nd favorite in Warioware, in favorite of all times she's pretty way down there though, but still 2nd in Warioware.

Well, I think it said that somewhere. Like, Mona is like, a teen/young adult, right? Mona would most likely go with a man with large amount of money. Maybe that's why she likes him, I know the only way I'd like a guy like Wario is if he had a lot of money.

Back