Bowsette and the Super Crown

Magma

Oldhead
Diamond City Leader
SO big topical thing we got going on here. What's everyone's opinions on it? Honestly this bothers me way more than I'd be willing to admit.

As a lot of you may already know I have quite a bit of a big soft spot for Toadette and in the past few years have been pleased with how much more she was being utilized. As I was watching the Nintendo Direct I was excited to see Toadette be a playable character replacing one of the pointless nameless Toads. However, my heart sank as soon as I saw "Peachette". My reaction was very much like this.
01hNFmG.png

For starters, I just hated the very idea of this. It's like Nintendo thought, "hmm Toadette's not hot enough she needs some tits". I also hated the possibility that Nintendo would probably try pushing this character down our throats.

But really the biggest thing was you know how the internet would react to this sort of thing. I'm admittedly a bit of a prude and while I admit that Rule 34 and the internet and all that blahblah will just happen but Toadette never really got that kind of attention due to uh not being humanoid but now this is officially a thing that exists.

And then Bowsette happened.

My feelings towards that are simpler. I just find the whole thing weird and even weirder just how much it blew up. While I am somewhat grateful that that deflected some of the attention away from Toadette and the whole Peachette thing I still feel like Toadette and her ascension has been completely ruined.

I know most of you guys won't be as emotionally invested in this as I am but what are your thoughts on all this?

Boi, Bowsette has taken over in the internet in over 4 days ! Plot twist : it was just a trick so Bowser could be the biggest ruler of all by coaxing people horny bitches to follow him by trapping himself. What did you except ?

And about the Super Crown : well first of all, it's the reason behind all of this cuz without this, there would never be a Peachette nor a Bowsette nor even a Waluchette
42487016_1808173905885852_4269402456653299712_n.png

Consider the Super Crown as the true main villain from the Mario franchise, ok ? Or as your hero if you like to have your pipe goes 1UP when seeing R63 Bowser.
Oh and it's also trending #1 in Japan on Twitter. This is SUGOI for drawers who were retired !

I love Toadette myself and honestly, this doesn't really bother me at all, it's a bizzare power-up that's pretty much just there to make her another flavor of easy mode.

Nintendo has been pushing Toadette harder then ever since 2014, she even got to be the co-star of a whole game via Treasure Tracker, so this won't do anything bad for her.

If anything the fact that Nintendo put her into this at all says good things for her, considering that Nintendo can't even be assed to switch out Yellow Toad for regular Toad.

Don't really care about R34 stuff either way, that's something that always exists and as for Bowsette? *Shrug* It's a fan made concept, people are having fun with it and it's harmless, so I don't mind it.

I love Toadette myself and honestly, this doesn't really bother me at all, it's a bizzare power-up that's pretty much just there to make her another flavor of easy mode.

I guess something that kind of made me a bit wary is Nintendo's tendency to make powered up versions of characters their own characters for no good reason (Metal Mario and Gold Mario albeit only in spin offs but still)

"Wow it's not funny when Chris Chan likes it, we're just laughable as he is"

Bear in mind, SpazKid is well known for his Sonichu cartoon.

Toadette becoming Peachette is weird and i am sure they could have integrated Toadette and Peach in a better way. The Bowsette stuff doesn't bug me. For one shes a cutie but mostly its just a non canon character for shits and giggles. Enjoy or ignore it i don't see any reason to get worked up over Bowsette.
Peachette is a questionable choice on Nintendo's behalf, Bowsette is just fans having fun.

They didn't even named her right (even through renaming won't make her less weird)- why Bowsette if Toadette herself isn't involved?
As I was watching the Nintendo Direct I was excited to see Toadette be a playable character replacing one of the pointless nameless Toads.
Trivia: Developers of NSMBWii nicknamed toads "Ala-Gold" (Yellow), and "Bucken-Berry" (Blue). So I guess they aren't this generic?
NSMB Wii release bash: Bucken-Berry and Ala-Gold!

I saw the original idea of Peachette as a poor attempt by Nintendo to make Peach playable in the game. She looks just like Peach but with a nice Toadette look to her attire.
The way Bowsette was introduced was a harmless joke based on the ridiculous ending of Mario Odyssey (seriously, Peach is kind of dumb after all these years. Poor Mario). The nsfw that popped out of it was just unnecessary, but rule 34 exists, so that was to be expected...
When I first saw Bowsette, I just couldn't stop laughing, it was seriously clever and the look on Peach's face is priceless! Then I actually started to like her design, the black dress and the spiky shell, she was pretty badass, still a meme, but well designed! I even used her as a profile image on Discord!
The idea of the monster turning into a princess was also interesting to me, so it was a nice idea in my mind. However, people started to overdo the joke so much... tons and tons of Bowsette art everywhere, and not just that! Tons of RANDOM PRINCESSES everywhere! I don't think people got the joke, tbh...
Bowsette was already a stretch, it was a joke over the concept of Peachette, now it's become an excuse for people to make waifus out of everything... just stop, it's getting dumb now...

Doesn't bother me, though people may be overdoing it with this about now. Every single male character in Mario history seems to be getting a 'Bowsette' style version...

It doesn't bother me either, it's pretty usual to see a joke go too far. The issue I see is that Bowsette was a good joke, very clever and I loved the design. All the other what-not-ettes popping up are just stupid and it's just not funny, that's all. Again, Bowsette is not just some girlified Bowser, it's Bowser looking like Peach with some Bowser features, while the others are just girlified versions of whatever you can come up with.
Bowsette was a sort of satire, the rest is just horny kids having fun.

It doesn't bother me either, it's pretty usual to see a joke go too far. The issue I see is that Bowsette was a good joke, very clever and I loved the design. All the other what-not-ettes popping up are just stupid and it's just not funny, that's all. Again, Bowsette is not just some girlified Bowser, it's Bowser looking like Peach with some Bowser features, while the others are just girlified versions of whatever you can come up with.
Bowsette was a sort of satire, the rest is just horny kids having fun.
I never quite got the joke that the original comic made. What was it trying to say? Some weird way at getting back at Peach? Are Mario and Bowser implied to have had actual feelings for each other this whole time???????

I never quite got the joke that the original comic made. What was it trying to say? Some weird way at getting back at Peach? Are Mario and Bowser implied to have had actual feelings for each other this whole time???????
Well, the comic's joke was them getting back to Peach and it was a weird joke, tbh. But I'm talking about Bowsette only, it's satire against the poor creation that is Peachette, and I think it was a good "message" to Nintendo to stop making uninspired characters.

Well, the comic's joke was them getting back to Peach and it was a weird joke, tbh. But I'm talking about Bowsette only, it's satire against the poor creation that is Peachette, and I think it was a good "message" to Nintendo to stop making uninspired characters.
Oh I see what you mean. Honestly, I just interpreted as someone's perverted fantasy.

If the joke was like, Mario and Bowser use the Super Crowns on other people or things(not each other), then I would've more easily seen it as satire(and also as a better joke)

Oh I see what you mean. Honestly, I just interpreted as someone's perverted fantasy.

If the joke was like, Mario and Bowser use the Super Crowns on other people or things(not each other), then I would've seen it as satire(and also as a better joke)
I see your point. And true it was just a harmless fantasy, that was just my interpretation of it. But look, it's like that moment when a kid says something funny without really doing on purpose, the parents laugh and it's just that, it was unexpected and turned out funny at the time. But then the kid goes and repeats the joke in different ways to make the parents laugh again and it just doesn't work, the impact is gone and it gets tiring and completely unfunny. That's what it feels like right now.

Yes, I understand that, because I personally love the design, and I stand for my opinion. That doesn't break my point, though.

When I first saw Bowsette, I just couldn't stop laughing, it was seriously clever and the look on Peach's face is priceless! Then I actually started to like her design, the black dress and the spiky shell, she was pretty badass, still a meme, but well designed!
Also, when I think Bowsette, I think of this kind of artwork, not the nsfw and erotic aberrations:
DnzSwW5XUAAOVII.png

Last edited:
Back