Custom ratings for Wario Forums?

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
Gold Crown Gold Bracelets Gold Necklace Gold Earrings Profile Music
I'm still not sure why all ratings became likes, to be honest. What the hey happened to those?

Magma

Mr. Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
Username Change User Name Style Change
Another thing that's weird is the Reaction count doesn't match up at all with the number of likes.

Robin

Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
Another thing that's weird is the Reaction count doesn't match up at all with the number of likes.
I think it may be just adding all ratings as likes, both positives, neutrals and negatives. Which explains why the values are so off.

Magma

Mr. Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
So anyway,
When the optimistic rating was neutral I interpreted it as the way the person was feeling rather than the person trying to spread optimism.
As such, when the optimistic rating was neutral I would like to sarcastically give optimistic ratings to posts that weren't optimistic at all. Like if someone were to say "We're never getting another Wario game again, are we?" I'd give that an optimistic rating. However, now it's positive. I'm fine with it being positive but what would be a good substitute for the former neutral optimistic rating?

Robin

Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
So anyway,
When the optimistic rating was neutral I interpreted it as the way the person was feeling rather than the person trying to spread optimism.
As such, when the optimistic rating was neutral I would like to sarcastically give optimistic ratings to posts that weren't optimistic at all. Like if someone were to say "We're never getting another Wario game again, are we?" I'd give that an optimistic rating. However, now it's positive. I'm fine with it being positive but what would be a good substitute for the former neutral optimistic rating?
Maybe a sarcastic rating would work? It's open to suggestions.

Coins
Coins
I like the new Wario greedy rating, it would totally make sense to have some Wario related ratings considering the forum this is. Not too many, but yeah.

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Gold Necklace Gold Earrings User Title Style Change Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Oh hey, nice to see the new ratings/changes. They suit the forum well.

Magma

Mr. Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
Maybe a sarcastic rating would work? It's open to suggestions.
A little too direct but that gives me another idea. Self deprecating humor is rather common here for some reason going off of @Ninja_Cat's recent post. How about we have like a cloud/rain cloud kind of icon and have it be labelled "Optimistic" with quotes unless that doesn't work and maybe call it Hopeful or something?

Robin

Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
A little too direct but that gives me another idea. Self deprecating humor is rather common here for some reason going off of @Ninja_Cat's recent post. How about we have like a cloud/rain cloud kind of icon and have it be labelled "Optimistic" with quotes unless that doesn't work and maybe call it Hopeful or something?
Hey, I personally like that idea! Not only is it clever sarcastic emote but it's also sarcastic within itself, being, in my opinion, a very fitting emote idea.

Magma

Mr. Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
A lot of the ratings are pretty similar anyway, aren't they? I mean Friendly and Optimistic both being positive are almost the same in effect. And having two distinct icons should be enough to differentiate them anyway.

Robin

Diamond City Insider
Coins
Coins
We do everything to make the community happy. If it's something us staff member should decide, then it wouldn't hard to have everyone agree with it. This works as a democracy, everyone should have a saying on it to help us consider any changes.

Magma

Mr. Mixer Murata
Coins
Coins
Well, that's not what I strive for, I never make a step without consulting the people first.
Oooh, we got a counter-revolutionary!

On a more serious note, I wonder if instead of working with SVGs, would making the rest of the rating icons sprites be better? If people want to personally contribute icons I think most people are more familiar with making sprites.

Coins
Coins
Well I've noticed Triple M wanted to add an emote, I think it's fair each active user gets an emote to choose perhaps? Anyway, I do think that having some Warioware reactions would be a brilliant idea; it would synergize well with stuff like "Wario fans, Diamond City Leader" etc.

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Gold Necklace Gold Earrings User Title Style Change Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Oooh, we got a counter-revolutionary!

On a more serious note, I wonder if instead of working with SVGs, would making the rest of the rating icons sprites be better? If people want to personally contribute icons I think most people are more familiar with making sprites.
Possibly. Ideally we want a single unified art style for these reactions here.