[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

The graphics editor does not work for me, it just doesn't open the window for editing graphics.
And as for level importing/exporting... How exactly does it work? Because i tryed to export a level, and it didn't seem to do anything...

The graphics editor does not work for me, it just doesn't open the window for editing graphics.
And as for level importing/exporting... How exactly does it work? Because i tryed to export a level, and it didn't seem to do anything...
1. It works fine for me.
2. You must always type .wl3 behind the file name, otherwise the importer won't find your file.

Which Gray Chest is better?

Last edited:
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this is big enough:
AllCutscenes.png

1. It works fine for me.
2. You must always type .wl3 behind the file name, otherwise the importer won't find your file.

Which Gray Chest is better?

Both concepts work fine for early levels. They just need a bit of fine tuning here and there.
Like, you need to put enough room next to the chest or else Wario will walk in midair like that or you shouldn't put a slope right next to a wall or else Wario will glitch out in the corner. There needs to be at least one block of normal floor between it.

Reactions: 607
Both concepts work fine for early levels. They just need a bit of fine tuning here and there.
Like, you need to put enough room next to the chest or else Wario will walk in midair like that or you shouldn't put a slope right next to a wall or else Wario will glitch out in the corner. There needs to be at least one block of normal floor between it.

Thanks! I'll edit it tomorrow when I have free time again.

Well, here's what it would look like. As you can see we'd really have to squeeze it in there.
I much prefer the right version. Looks much cleaner.
wapio2.PNG

miscGfx.txt isn't missing or anything is it? What happens when you select an option and press "ok"?
Level exporting probably is working, but as mentioned it doesn't append the .wl3 extension for you...
Question to Drenn:
When importing and exporting levels, does the editor also im/export all the tiles, subtiles and palettes that are tied to it? Or do we need to im/export those seperately?
In the importer window, if "tilesets" are selected it'll import all tileset data associated with the 8 versions of the level, including subtiles and palettes and stuff. Except it won't import bank 1 subtiles unless you check that.
Drenn, what exactly do you mean by editing the map?
The gameboy uses tile-based graphics. So there are 2 main components to the gameboy graphics - the tiles, and the mapping. You know about the tiles already. The mapping tells the gameboy where to draw which tiles. You can't put "2015 wario forums" there yet because the mapping reuses the same tile. And on the gameboy color, the mapping provides extra information such as which palette to use.

@ShyGuyXXL, if you wanted to edit the tiles/palettes for the intro cutscene I made an updated miscGfx.txt. Also I fixed the palettes for the golf tilesets, I got the addresses wrong before :p

...you missed some little details. :eek: Some things like the light reflections and things aren't part of the background, they are added as objects. I'd like to edit those too.

Back