Do you want a platforming game with the Warioware characters?

Hmm?

• Total voters

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
It's an idea I've seen floated around and I don't remember if we had a thread about it, so, yeah.

Speaking from a boring detached perspective, I suppose adding beloved recuring characters would help with Wario Land's lack of recurring characters and iconography to latch onto (which I think is one of the big reason why it doesn't have a more vocal fandom than otherwise less-succesful series). On the other hand, I don't really want them to Chibi Robo Zip Lash-up warioware either. It's not something I particularly want but I'm curious to see what y'all think about it.

Good idea, make it a Wario Land/Ware crossover but have a new name for it. Plus, Wario should have his overalls as an unlockable costume.

FART WARIO NOW
I'm serious too! He literally said this in an interview about NSMB Wii:

"Mario and Luigi are the same as always, of course, and suggestions for the other two characters included Wario and Waluigi, Toad, and Princess Peach. The thing is that with Wario he'd need to have a fart attack, Peach would have to be able to fly with her skirt, and so on. With this game we wanted every character to play the same way."

I'm very glad Miyamoto didn't create Wario, nor did he have any involvement in his series. This is what Smash did to him.

Sounds like a good idea, it'd be nice to have a full fledged story too, voicelines of course and multiplayer. Having it become attached to Wario Land I think wouldn't actually be that bad, since Wario Land doesn't have a lot of recognisable characters, and since Mona is also a part-time adventurer as shown in D.I.Y, it would fit.

Sorry for this ramble in advance. I love thinking about the possibilities of future Wario games.

What I think would be cool is if we got a Wario Land game where WarioWare is involved somehow but not the main gimmick/theme. Don't get me wrong, I love WarioWare, but combining the two franchises entirely feels kind of sticky to me, unless we give it a new name. And doing that might risk superceding Wario Land entirely, which I don't want.

Maybe have a plot that transitions from Wario getting out of Diamond City to adventuring out in the wild, so the first few stages would have references to WarioWare or maybe even have Ware characters as tutorial guides or puzzle solvers (like the doctor in WL4) or something.

OR!! And I just thought of this. Have Mona be KIND OF a villain. You know how she sells off her treasures in D.I.Y.? Wario finds out about it and sets out to steal the rest of the stash before she can sell it all. It could make some interesting new facets for Mona, which we all know a lot of WarioWare characters need.

Reactions: 607
Sure! That would be awesome. Closest we can get to playing as them is some of the minigames in Game & Wario. (Ski, Kung-Fu, Ashley, Taxi)

OR!! And I just thought of this. Have Mona be KIND OF a villain. You know how she sells off her treasures in D.I.Y.? Wario finds out about it and sets out to steal the rest of the stash before she can sell it all. It could make some interesting new facets for Mona, which we all know a lot of WarioWare characters need.

Hm, I kinda like the idea of Mona being the antagonist of Wario for one game. She can be like a Captain Syrup-like rival who's not planning on giving back her treasures to Wario. We all know that potentially, she can be just as greedy as Wario himself. :monapizza:
But she should remain an antagonistic rival, not a true villain.

Back