Does anyone still want Mighty No. 9

How does everyone feel about Mighty No. 9 as a soul successor?

• Total voters
The question is; why a movie? Why did they announce all this stuff before they know how well the game would fare? Because if they're still working on a movie after this game's poor release, it's obviously not gonna do too great.

And it all crumbled around him.

At this point, if the movie and cartoon get released, it'd probably be for the sole purpose of fufilling a contract.

And I'm willing to bet they'll do no further buisiness with Comcept once the contract's fufilled.

Maybe by some crazy chance either or both are able to reinvigorate the franchise. Maybe the cartoon is pretty good and movies usually don't have to be any good to make money.

Maybe, but I find it more likely it'll be put on in the dead of night, when most people aren't watching, maybe in unadvertised marathons in an attempt to burn it off as fast as possible.

Though some shows succeeded in worse conditions, so who knows?

The problem with the cartoon is gonna be the same as with Sonic Boom. Even if it does well, it'll still be overshadowed by the terrible games, cause those are seemingly the focus of the franchise.

Wouldn't think it's much of a problem since remember this show is aimed for kids of this era. Much like Sonic Boom, it wasn't made for the Sonic fans during the 90s during the time we still had the Genesis and SNES still out it was made in mind for bringing in new and cheerful fans. It's kind of like a self discovery type thing much like with how Teen Titans GO wasn't made for the back than 2006 Teen Titans fans.

Who really knows until the show comes out. Sonic Boom the cartoon at least seems to do pretty decent I bet the new Megaman show will too, even if it doesn't it does get the mention of Megaman out there to a whole new generation of fans.

The problem with the cartoon is gonna be the same as with Sonic Boom. Even if it does well, it'll still be overshadowed by the terrible games, cause those are seemingly the focus of the franchise.
I thought the show overshadowed all the Sonic Boom games.

I want a Mario show already. Come on, imagine it using 3D renders and Wario is in it. That'd be so hilarious to watch. I wonder why they haven't done this yet?

Also, here's another idea: Why do they never focus these shows for the teenage-adult group? I think it's about time we get a mature animated show that isn't about excessive violence or sex

Also, here's another idea: Why do they never focus these shows for the teenage-adult group? I think it's about time we get a mature animated show that isn't about excessive violence or sex

You know that's actually a really good question because even way back in the 80s they made more " mature " series or things into shows. The biggest one I can think of is Robocop. In which there was a cartoon of it but it catered towards younger audience.

One thing I could say is due to how they are merely " cartoony " looking or too much so to make them more serious which is odd since comic book movies have always had the more catering to a mature audience like the Watchmen film or Batman films. Something like Mario I couldn't really see due to how fun loving that series is as say compared to something like Zelda in which did have more " serious " moments at times.

You know that's actually a really good question because even way back in the 80s they made more " mature " series or things into shows. The biggest one I can think of is Robocop. In which there was a cartoon of it but it catered towards younger audience.

One thing I could say is due to how they are merely " cartoony " looking or too much so to make them more serious which is odd since comic book movies have always had the more catering to a mature audience like the Watchmen film or Batman films. Something like Mario I couldn't really see due to how fun loving that series is as say compared to something like Zelda in which did have more " serious " moments at times.

Hmm if it makes sense, I mean like something, especially for Mario, kids could enjoy but a lot of teenagers and adults can sit down to and laugh at. Think early seasons of Powerpuff Girls (1998) for example. It could work, especially if it's more story-centric like the RPG's or a little intense like the Strikers series. It can be done in a way that is not awkward or forced.
A Wario series would fit perfectly for the tone I'm talking about though, but Wario unfortunately isn't popular enough right now to have his own cartoon series.

Hmm if it makes sense, I mean like something, especially for Mario, kids could enjoy but a lot of teenagers and adults can sit down to and laugh at. Think early seasons of Powerpuff Girls (1998) for example. It could work, especially if it's more story-centric like the RPG's or a little intense like the Strikers series. It can be done in a way that is not awkward or forced.
A Wario series would fit perfectly for the tone I'm talking about though, but Wario unfortunately isn't popular enough right now to have his own cartoon series.

So.. something that could both be for all ages which in this case Wario would be the best candidate. It's kind of a shame it's a niche kind of series, still hoping for any news for a latest game. Due to Wario's quirky nature it could definitely fit, and a cartoon could also be an alternative to having people know more about Wario or discovering him if it's even a possibility.

The Sonic twitter response is probably better then the game itself.
_1801133.png

Talk about ice cold!!!

Back