Donkey Kong Series

Metal

Don't be sad cause it's over pimps
Lately there's been certain talk with Donkey Kong games but haven't really seen a full thread discussing himself and his series in general. First started the series as a kid playing DK64 it was a really enjoyable experience especially since Rare was my childhood. A lot of the composers who worked on this game and subsequently the other DKC games had really lovely tunes, David Wise, Grant Kirkhope, Fischer to name 3 major ones.

Even when Rare no longer apart of Nintendo we still have gotten a revival of the series of the series. The DKCR series has brought back DK and in what pretty much made him known on the SNES and so on. It's just as challenging as the SNES games and just as fun, having 4 different play styles. With Dixie you can float and with Cranky you can use your cane on certain areas much like Scrooge McDuck.

Was wondering if anyone else have had any fond memories of Donkey Kong himself whether you played him in Smash or other Mario spin offs like Mario Kart or you're just happy to see this gruesome ape come back in DKCR.

With this I'll leave you with a cool blog I've found recently that contains plenty of the old DK artwork through out his years.

http://donkey-kongo.tumblr.com/

Haha There were a ton of weird DK bootlegs, though there have been actual DKC games well not sure if they could be considered ported but there were the DKL series. Pretty much the GB's version of DKC, they were really fun as well and the music sounded good with what the GB had to offer.

@Magma
Thanks for the correction it was pretty hard to really tell which was which.

@Ninja_Cat
Since we had two games of that sort of gameplay the other being Jungle Climber, and with DKC coming back wonder if Nintendo or any other company that works with them would make more KoS.

I have played all the games of the Donkey Kong Land series on the Game Boy. And I want to continue with the GBA versions of the Country games.
So far, I have played Donkey Kong Country 2, and it's a really good game. Hard, but good.

I have played all the games of the Donkey Kong Land series on the Game Boy. And I want to continue with the GBA versions of the Country games.
So far, I have played Donkey Kong Country 2, and it's a really good game. Hard, but good.

Can't tell you how much I died on those swamp levels as well as the cauldron where you gotta climb up before the acid spurts up and gets you. It's truly the most challenging DKC in the trilogy but it just makes you want to reach the end goal all the more definitely great game.

Can't tell you how much I died on those swamp levels as well as the cauldron where you gotta climb up before the acid spurts up and gets you. It's truly the most challenging DKC in the trilogy but it just makes you want to reach the end goal all the more definitely great game.

Many people say the Bramble levels are the hardest, but for me, those swamp levels are the hardest. I went Game Over more than 5 times in just one level! Grrr:
Most levels are really fun tho.

I love Donkey Kong, I loved it both on SNES and N64. Though, sadly, thats the last time I played it. On the N64. So its been a really long time, and I dont feel like I have much to add to the convo.

But, despite it being such a long time, and the fact that I just dont remember it that well anymore, I did love the series as a child. They were some of my favorite games. In fact, one of my favorite boss battles ever was with King K Rool. I remember playing it over and over again as a child : p

I think DK64 was way creative and awesome. Dont care that its just a big collectathon : p (why is that even suddenly now a bad thing anyway?) I love the overworld in the game, I adored the characters, and I always love games where you can switch out characters, think it adds more playability. I love how they all had their own weapons and instruments and abilities. My little brother, cousin and I spent an entire summer playing that game together nonstop, it was our game at that time : p

Its too bad Donkey Kong has pretty much faded away, I really liked it back in the 90s : p I would love to get back into it one day, may make that a goal or something : p

@MonaWare
DK64 was way fun, love exploring each level and messing around just trying to discover hidden passages to grab them golden bananas. Love the fact that with each kong the playstyle becomes a bit different, gaining different abilities and weapons. Such with Dixie and how you could glide ontop of high platforms something you couldn't do with any other kong. Sadly DK is one of those series that hasn't really branched out since the 90s, gaining some mediocre to good games back to back. With it's recent revival we could see more DK in the future.

@Koopaul CM Punk is a DK fan?

1471552320831.png

You could also shrink with Tiny, haha thought that was really cool at the time : p Its cool getting a different perspective from something much smaller than you. I remember thinking Honey I Shrunk The Kids was a neat film growing up : p

You could also shrink with Tiny, haha thought that was really cool at the time : p Its cool getting a different perspective from something much smaller than you. I remember thinking Honey I Shrunk The Kids was a neat film growing up : p

Funny you say it reminded you of Honey I shrunk the kids since in-game there are certain crevices you can't get into unless you used Tiny's small ability. That leads you to racing on an RC overlay road and that also reminded of when the family in shrunk the kids started riding on those shark and fly hot wheels.

Howw do you guys feel about tiny kong's new design

I don't like it, she's starting to look like something from Disney's Tarzan or something.
N64 design had an endearing design as the other kong's very plush-like face was better at least imo.

Tiny_Kong_Old_Appearance.jpg
200px-Tinymss.PNG

Sadly DK is one of those series that hasn't really branched out since the 90s, gaining some mediocre to good games back to back.
What are you talking about? Tropical Freeze is probably one of the best DK games ever!

CM Punk is a DK fan?
I think there might be a few other members here that are also DKVine members.

Back