Emote Request

JoeKarta

Bucket Head
Could you please add a Fronk emote? If we have that one I don't need any other emotes in my life. Well except maybe Orbulondiy::. So could you add one? If you can't find one on the web I can get one for you.

requesting these two badge arcade sprites

Pr_CrazyGalaxy_Icon_Ashley01.png

Pr_CrazyGalaxy_Icon_Claudia01.png

Sure I'll add them.

I'll also add any Wario Master of Disguise emotes anyone wants to provide.

Given my lack of experience in image editing, would anyone else here be willing to work on some of these emote requests?

Spriter's resource did me proud.

Some various things that might could be used

I also found the Cavity Calamity Smirk I suggested earlier on:

and I also recreated the
wario recreation.png

I'm thinking about making some GIFs for Wario Windsock too (if I can), but it'll depend on if GIMP does gif's

Would it be worth it to add a few Rhythm Heaven ones, of the more popular personajes like Karate Joe, the Barista, Widget, the Wandering Samurai?

Might be me or my computer screen, but isn't this CreepyasHell: smily misplaced? He doesn't look scared to me at all with that funny look and his tongue sticking out. (I assume it's his tongue.)

Here's my first GIF-based submission!
wario-windsock-thumbs-up_GIF-by-tahutoa.gif

Wario Windsock's thumbs-up animation :-oc

I actually had to make some edits to it, because I used a video as reference for the frame timing (which is how I realized I needed to use a copy of the second frame for a fourth), and believe it or not the sprite sheet on spriters-resource got it messed up, somehow? The between frames, or "weak beats", where he's crouched down had an extraneous navy blue pixel which incorrectly connected his eyebrow to his fab 'stache, and the "strong beats" both had the same issue of a navy blue pixel being in place of the second, upper white pixel for the right eye. You can see more clearly what I'm talking about in the comparison screencaps I took just now.
You'll also notice how the between frames also are missing the dark teal pixel from the strong beat frames? While that technically isn't a bad thing, it is inaccurate to the graphics in-game, because I checked repeatedly and that dark teal frame is there for all of them. So I restored it. Same thing with the mysteriously missing pastel blue pixel in the 2/4 frames.

Attachments

• 2019-06-28 (1).png
    2019-06-28 (1).png
    15.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
:wariowindsockthumbsup: okay, so i'm proud af that this got inserted, but I have to question why it's under the regular Smilies section instead of WarioWare...

I just spent the last couple hours making this new set, using sprites from Wario Bros.
the Run
the D'oh_I_Missed!

and one which I created specially, using sprites for the idle animation and the squish animation.

Behold... :wariodance:

I originally was just going to have him face just right, and have that bounce up and down, but then I had the idea to have him swap directions upon coming back up. It felt like it was missing something without some kind of in-between frame, though. So, I had the idea to alter the face from the Die sprite and paste it onto a copy of the idle sprite. I then took the next while to make the "center" sprite look better, by having two versions for either direction (though that's more so because centering the jacket without fucking up its shape proved too much hassle), first off. However, I flipped the helmet for the center sprite's copy (a la Famicom Disk System), so the two "center" sprites' helmets use the same "lighting", so to speak.
Getting the length of where his shirt overlaps his pants was the hardest part, because you have to balance length and position. This in itself is because the overlap's length for the Idle is much shorter than the squish sprites', but there was no way I was going to defile the original parts of this. the majority of time spent working on this was spent on the center frame, probably. I might make a 2x size version too

:wariowindsockthumbsup:okay, so i'm proud af that this got inserted, but I have to question why it's under the regular Smilies section instead of WarioWare...

I just spent the last couple hours making this new set, using sprites from Wario Bros.
View attachment 10872 the Run
View attachment 10873 the D'oh_I_Missed!

and one which I created specially, using sprites for the idle animation and the squish animation.

Behold... :wariodance: View attachment 10874
I originally was just going to have him face just right, and have that bounce up and down, but then I had the idea to have him swap directions upon coming back up. It felt like it was missing something without some kind of in-between frame, though. So, I had the idea to alter the face from the Die sprite and paste it onto a copy of the idle sprite. I then took the next while to make the "center" sprite look better, by having two versions for either direction (though that's more so because centering the jacket without fucking up its shape proved too much hassle), first off. However, I flipped the helmet for the center sprite's copy (a la Famicom Disk System), so the two "center" sprites' helmets use the same "lighting", so to speak.
Getting the length of where his shirt overlaps his pants was the hardest part, because you have to balance length and position. This in itself is because the overlap's length for the Idle is much shorter than the squish sprites', but there was no way I was going to defile the original parts of this. the majority of time spent working on this was spent on the center frame, probably. I might make a 2x size version too

it's under regular smilies cause I screwed up. I'll fix it and add these new smilies now.

Back