Votes: 3 42.9%
  • yes! Emulators forever!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • What??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Monxiasyshrema77

I didn't choose the sludge life
RetroArch, Dolphin, DeSmuME, DOSBox, ePSXe, Mupen64plus..... the list goes on as the world of emulators grows bigger and bigger. Even a Wii U emulator is out! Cemu, thats its name of it. How do you fell about emus?? Tell me!

I think emulators are pretty cool, even though I have never used one.:wah: Please, someone tell me where I can get an emulator and how much it costs.

Sometimes I'll use emulators to check out some games but I mostly don't use them. It's not really a moral thing I just like to actually have the game in my possession. When it's just a file on my computer or whatever it just feels like something to be easily forgotten.

I like to use emulators if I can't find the actual games in stores or they no longer sell games such as on the SNES. Have to either go online or to some used game store for those and lately they've been ranking up in prices. When it comes to emulation as long as you got a good PC controller you're pretty much good to go if you can't afford to buy any of these older games or track them down.

Aside from not having that authentic feel such as using a PC controller for Genesis and SNES games which can be annoying especially if you're playing a game that uses the D-Pad like Crystal Shards then it should be fine. Sometimes it's annoying as fuck though, try playing RE2 or Crystal Shards you'll know what I mean when you try to move towards certain areas.

Consoles are the way. Sometimes, not even VC does it justice. I'm a console gamer and if I can get my hands on one and a few titles that I like, I'll do it. A few years back, I bought an NES, and I have yet to get an N64.
I use emulation if I have to, or if I have the game and the console but they're not with me (Most of my stuff is at my home in Portugal).
BTW, emulation was not created to play original titles for free, it was created to try to accurately recreate the console's behavior for developers to make games for said console. I has now become a tool for people to get their hands on oldschool titles, sadly. There are emulators used for the development of mobile apps for android and apple devices, which emulate a phone on your computer.

Most of the time, I play games on consoles/handhelds. I play rom hacks on emulators though, and there's the occasional game I play on emulators if:
A) It isn't on VC and probably never will be and
B) It's too expensive or too much trouble to buy the game used

I do occasionally do play a game on emulator though if I already bought it.

You know, I have thought about this, and I don't typically use emulators. I just like getting the games legally for the most part.

I have dabbled into it back in 2015, and I maintain that Madou Monogatari: Big Kindergarten Kids is a great game. And Star Fox 2, you literally have no unambiguously legal way to play, but that one is also fantastic. I modded my Wii to pull this off.

But I've also considered flash carts, since they can let you play those ROMs on original hardware or hardware-based clone.

Emulators are both a blessing and a curse. They can be used for good or bad.

Without emulators, how on earth can you play all the classic arcade coin-ops from the past? You can't just go out and buy the original cabinets. Even if you found one, you need a license to own them, a ton of storage space to keep them, and a SHIP-load of money to buy just one AND keep it working when it breaks down! It's 100% impractical. Many of my favourite games are arcade titles, so why should I be labelled a "criminal" for emulating them??

2_31_12_14_8_08_57.jpeg

I only emulate under these four circumstances:

~If I already own a copy of said game.
~If the game is foreign and is not available in English.
~If the game is stupidly rare and expensive.
~If the game never released and was just dumped online. (E.g.: StarFox 2.)

I love emulators but if the game is recent or still relevant i don't download it so SNES emulators are fine but if a Switch emulator comes out i won't touch it for ten or so years.
Emulators are a joy but i do have limits since i feel like emulating new stuff cuts into profits and you gotta support devs but i don't care for Virtual Console since they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. It wasn't hard work to make and i ain't paying ten bucks for a 20 year old rom.

Back