• Banana

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Pear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peach/

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Hi, it's me again!
I've heard you talk a lot about this book by Daniel Johnson, but I don't actually really know what it is. I do have the link and know where to buy it. So am I right if I say you also get the actual book? Instead of just a digital version?
Because I think I want to buy it, but I don't want to be disappointed. Could the people who got it give me some more information on it?

Edit: Never mind on the poll, I wasn't done with it yet but accidentally pressed enter xD

Hi, I'm Daniel. I wrote Game Design Companion. I gave an introduction to the book here on Wario Forums. I think it'll answer most of your questions. Basically I explore every part of Wario Land 4 and make sense of its design and why it was put together in the way it was. People have said that the book has improved their understanding and appreciation of games. Unlike most game-specific books, my focus is on design and not social justice issues, personal anecdotes, and cultural topics surrounding the game.

We were originally considering a physical release, but I don't think we will do one now. A physical book would lessen the readability as images wouldn't be in colour, you wouldn't be able to zoom in on images, and you couldn't click outgoing links to video and other references.

You can pick the book up at Stolen Projects here. If you decide to pick it up, please let me know how you find it. It's a huge book, so don't be afraid to skip around if you need to.

Back