General Gaming social thread

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
Ive been thinking about making this thread for a while, and I had planned on asking everyone what they thought about the idea before doing it, but Ive decided just to go ahead and just do it anyway : p

So yeah, just like the social thread in the General Chat section, any like random thought you have that you want to share, that wouldnt really make for a productive thread, you can totally just post it in this thread here : p Like maybe youre playing a video game right now and youd like to share something that happened that you liked about it, or you have a question about a video game that youd like someone to answer for you here on Wario Forums or whatever : p

Its just a basic chat thread, but try to keep the focus on video games.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anywho, I was watching some videos on Superman 64 (Mike Matai did a playthrough of it and uploaded it on Cinemassacre), and I watched about an hour of it before I was sick of watching it : p But I did like one part of it. I liked the second level, The Dam. I know the game is bad and all that, but..... I really liked the like graphics and design of the level itself : p I dunno how to explain it. But like, I really like simple polygon 3d graphics like that, haha.

Like, I dunno, it feels home-y, you know? Like they make me feel like warm and fuzzy and junk. If you havent seen it before, heres the video-

(it should start off on the level Im talking about)

It would be fun to find more games with these kinda graphics, that are actually playable : p The closest I can think of is Winback for N64. Sadly I no longer have that game though, I do have it for PS2, though. But I actually liked it better for N64, haha.
Dunno if anyone else can relate to my thoughts, here : p You often see people make games in like that old 2d style graphics, would be cool to see games made in this early 3d style, haha.

One instance where I found myself liking the crappier graphics more is Hi-Octane on saturn. The original DOS version and PS1 port were textured... like every goddamn 3D game from that period... but the Saturn version has flat-shaded car models instead. From a purely technical perspective, it's an inexcusable downgrade but I like the Star Fox-esque graphics of the saturn version better

One instance where I found myself liking the crappier graphics more is Hi-Octane on saturn. The original DOS version and PS1 port were textured... like every goddamn 3D game from that period... but the Saturn version has flat-shaded car models instead. From a purely technical perspective, it's an inexcusable downgrade but I like the Star Fox-esque graphics of the saturn version better

(Did that video have audio? Cuz I could not get the sound to play at all)

And haha, thats kinda funny : p Why on earth would they have left that part out?

I like it too, though. Makes it feel more nostalgic somehow, haha.

That game looks neat btw, but kinda float-y. Do the controls work well for what it is?

I prefer having physical copies of games but I have grown fond of the convenience of digital games and just easily swapping games. I almost wish you could do that with physical copies like a CD changer if anyone remembers any of those. It definitely wouldn't be cost effective to include as a feature but I'd definitely think it'd be cool.

A
I prefer having physical copies of games but I have grown fond of the convenience of digital games and just easily swapping games. I almost wish you could do that with physical copies like a CD changer if anyone remembers any of those. It definitely wouldn't be cost effective to include as a feature but I'd definitely think it'd be cool.

A disk changer would be cool yeah : p though with newer conoles like the wii, the disk comes out pretty quckly so it doesnt bother me as much : p

If you think the wii disc comes out quickly, you should see the next gen. The PS4 disc comes out without any input from the player whatsoever! Talk about convenient!

Haha : p Yeah I often sit and think "I sure wish that something would cause this disc to come out without warning" when I play a video game yeah : p

Maybe if digital doesn't completely destroy physical we'll have disc friendly magnets that we can activate from the controller so using the boxes and iserting discs between boxes and consoles will be done from the couch.

Is it actually considered cursed, or are you just saying that? : p

I really like it though : p hope it becomes a new trend. Daytona usa has the best sound track along with san fransico rush for a racing game, haha.

Damn this is really good for a Chinese handheld. It has some flaws i really don't dig like the SNES FX Chip not running well but if this came out when i was in high school i would've definitely dropped some money for it.

A cool game I came across a week ago. It's called the Guardian legend and the gameplay is quite rad it alternates between a top down view similar to the original NES LoZ and then schmup. Needless to say it does look quite fun.

This game is apparently making a comeback, it has an fan ongoing project on FB to try and get a reboot or remake of this game which I'll link as well.
Can even download it if any of you are interested in it.
https://www.facebook.com/TGLLegacy/

Back