Hello there.

I am Fuzzy Pickles! If you can guess the reference, you know what I am a fan of.

But anyway, I played Wario Land 3 a lot as a child and loved it. I plan on getting all three Wario Land games when I get a 3DS (whenever that happens). I also liked WarioWare: Smooth Move a lot when I rented it and I am currently going through WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$! I also bought Wario Land 4 on Wii U Virtual Console, so I plan on doing a playthrough of that game once I am finished with WarioWare.

I also like 9-Volt a lot as a character. So far, he is probably my favorite WarioWare character because he and I relate a lot in that we're both big Nintendo fans. I have to admit, I am pretty jealous of him, all things considered. That said, I look foward to discussing everything Wario-related.

Last edited:
Hey man and welcome! You'll fit in just as well we've been getting plenty of more wario land and wario ware fans here. 9-volt's minigames are usually the best, turning various NES titles into fast paced micromini games rock.

Hope you can get the first 3 land games on your DS, wl2 is such a fun platformer.

Welcome to the party, Fuzzy Pickles! It's sometimes a little scarce around here, but stick around. It's worth it for the great company alone!

PS. I reckon you should get all SIX Wario Land games! They're all brilliant in their own right! :)

Welcome! I'm King Hehehe, and I enjoy scamming my friends into assisting with my get-rich-quick schemes. It sounds like you'll fit in quite well here, as a fan of Wario games and Nintendo as a whole. Also 9-Volt. Basically everyone but Kyon seems to like 9-Volt.

For what reasons could someone seriously "hate" 9-Volt? He is the embodiment of our childhood love for games and toys. I reckon he'd make a magnificent friend!

Appearance, apparently. That's the main reason Kyon's cited, as far as I remember, and he's the only person I've ever heard say they hate 9-Volt.

Hatred is a terrible thing, especially senseless hate. I actually had a friend back in high school who despised Orbulon and 9-Volt because of their looks alone, no kidding.

"That's the trouble with the world. People look, but they don't see. They're so busy looking for the wrong things about each other, that they don't see the good things." -Paul Winchell (ventriloquist/voice actor, humanitarian, inventor)

Aye, Fuzzy Pickles i know you're gonna enjoy it here. Since of course we are the only people sane enough to devote our religious believes our main man Wario. Threads posted instantaneously, one day these forums will bring back the fondest of memorise, FUZZY PICKLES!

Hey man and welcome! You'll fit in just as well we've been getting plenty of more wario land and wario ware fans here. 9-volt's minigames are usually the best, turning various NES titles into fast paced micromini games rock.

Hope you can get the first 3 land games on your DS, wl2 is such a fun platformer.
Playing 9-Volt's micro games on WarioWare, the throwback to NES games were pretty neat. Metroid took a little time to get used to (since I've never played the original Metroid before), but others were pretty easy. But the real challenge is trying to see is beating your high scores. Once I understood how to play the Metroid game, I was surprised at how much I mashed my buttons. I can also imagine that trying to beat high scores can results in some rather hilarious moments when playing with friends. It is also nice since it is one of the few Wii U GBA Virtual Console games with functional multi-players (I make a rule not to buy two-player GBA games on Wii U Virtual Console since the feature is sadly disabled. I have a feeling that the classic Pokemon games will serve as an exception, though, especially when considering we got Red, Blue, and Yellow).
For what reasons could someone seriously "hate" 9-Volt? He is the embodiment of our childhood love for games and toys. I reckon he'd make a magnificent friend!
And that is the charm of 9-Volt's character. I can't help but think back to my childhood and the numerous games I enjoyed on Nintendo's systems. When we were children, we thought of games as not just games, but as adventures into uncharted territory. It is still fun to go back through the games I enjoyed when I was young to this date.

Playing 9-Volt's micro games on WarioWare, the throwback to NES games were pretty neat. Metroid took a little time to get used to (since I've never played the original Metroid before), but others were pretty easy. But the real challenge is trying to see is beating your high scores. Once I understood how to play the Metroid game, I was surprised at how much I mashed my buttons. I can also imagine that trying to beat high scores can results in some rather hilarious moments when playing with friends. It is also nice since it is one of the few Wii U GBA Virtual Console games with functional multi-players (I make a rule not to buy two-player GBA games on Wii U Virtual Console since the feature is sadly disabled. I have a feeling that the classic Pokemon games will serve as an exception, though, especially when considering we got Red, Blue, and Yellow).And that is the charm of 9-Volt's character. I can't help but think back to my childhood and the numerous games I enjoyed on Nintendo's systems. When we were children, we thought of games as not just games, but as adventures into uncharted territory. It is still fun to go back through the games I enjoyed when I was young to this date.

By Metroid minigame do you perhaps mean this one?

At most it'd probably just confuse a person as to what's happening in the minigames for some titles if they haven't played them. Original Metroid is an interesting experience to play but it's got a bit of problems such as no maps unlike sequel games, if you ever want to play it try with zero mission on the gba. I'm sure that's on the VC for the Wii U. It's a remake of the original, adding extra things.

9-volt sort of embodies that gamer side of all of us considering his games would most likely give plenty of people nostalgia, remember playing a lot of his minigames from games I've played when I had an NES and even introduced me to games I've never played like Kid Icarus, it definitely is fun to enjoy the older games even how Red and Blue are on the VC not sure how the pokemon trading system would work though.

At most it'd probably just confuse a person as to what's happening in the minigames for some titles if they haven't played them. Original Metroid is an interesting experience to play but it's got a bit of problems such as no maps unlike sequel games, if you ever want to play it try with zero mission on the gba. I'm sure that's on the VC for the Wii U. It's a remake of the original, adding extra things.

9-volt sort of embodies that gamer side of all of us considering his games would most likely give plenty of people nostalgia, remember playing a lot of his minigames from games I've played when I had an NES and even introduced me to games I've never played like Kid Icarus, it definitely is fun to enjoy the older games even how Red and Blue are on the VC not sure how the pokemon trading system would work though.

In terms of gameplay, Metroid Zero Mission is definitely more ideal by today's standards. Especially considering Metroid 1 and 2 were from the old pen-and-paper days, back when you were encouraged to map your progress by hand as you went (a very archaic concept today).

However, I never considered Zero Mission an ideal alternative if you want to experience the Metroid legacy from the beginning. As a "remake" it has some pretty drastic and controversial changes in the latter half of the game. It's more of a separate re-imagining than a faithful remake. It's one of the titles that helped give the series the awkward reputation it has today (mostly due to a certain self-entitled director).

Last edited:

You're right, Metroid: Zero Mission is on the Virtual Console. It also has the original Metroid inside of it, which makes it a nice deal.

My father used to have a NES. I played quite a few games on it. The games I instantly recognized as having played before were Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt.

Luckily, the trading system for the 1st generation remains intact. It is also much easier to access the Pikachu Surf game than it used to be on Pokemon Yellow. This gives me hope that the 2nd gen games will get re-released.

Back