High Quality UNCOMPRESSED Wario Land 4 Music! [COMPLETE]

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of things here (like attachments) are member only.
I must apologize, but I'm a bit against this. I don't want to limit people to registrations for an album that should be publicly available. Even if I really want to attract people to this forum (which I really do!) I cannot change the links on my videos. Registration requirements are just not appealing to the audience.

However, this gives me the idea of pointing to this forum via the readme file in the album. That's something I can do. :)

• Wow
Reactions: 607
Didn't someone say something about a setting in FL studio that can make the samples sound more like how they do in game? I forgot where that was posted...

Is there any way that you could post a truly uncompressed download for the soundtrack? Ideally in .wav format, assuming it's possible to rip the files in that quality. Either way, thanks for the response

It's not possible to rip the instruments uncompressed, as it's not possible to remove the compression off of what's already in the rom. The only way to do it is to just use a non-compressed soundfont (like @Weario did) such as the sounds from WarioWare MPG. If that's what you're looking for, it's available on his channel and I think there's a zip file you can download in the resources page.

The zip file includes .mp3 files, which are a lossy audio format, sorry for the misunderstanding but I meant if they could be ripped into a lossless audio format (like .wav files, .flac files, etc.) so the files are currently not truly uncompressed, but still limited to the maximum quality of the .mp3 files (which for the .zip file are only 320kbps as opposed to ~1200kbps or so possibly for the .wav files)
so then what you're saying is that @Weario is probably the only person who can help me, assuming that they still have the ability and instruments/soundfonts to perform the rip?

I think I still have the .wav files of the soundtracks. But they're kinda big and I don't know what the best place would be to upload these.

UPDATE: The playlist is now COMPLETE! Check it out:

Download the album here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2ggo0qsxd8sczh/Wario Land 4 - High Quality Soundtracks.zip?dl=0

---------- Original Post ----------
So I've been extracting the sound files of Wario Ware for the gamecube, it turns out that there are instruments in there that are used in Wario Land 4, and they are of VERY good quality!

I've been editing the soundfont (.sf2) file from Wario Land 4 and use it to play the ripped .midi files using Foobar.

Here's the result of Hall of Hieroglyphs:
Hall of Hyroglyphs Uncompressed - Clyp

More coming soon(ish)! :D

Also! I'd like to thank @ShyGuyXXL for helping me sort out the right instruments!

eyeballs emoji

Didn't someone say something about a setting in FL studio that can make the samples sound more like how they do in game? I forgot where that was posted...
That was me (I'm actually flattered that you remembered that :warioyeah:)! But yeah, you can make all* the WL4 presets sound much higher quality by placing Fruity Free Filter (or your program's equivalent if you're not using FL) on them, setting the type to Peaking, then setting the frequency to 4590. It'll give you a much crisper, clearer sound, and also boosts the volume just a leeetle bit-- not enough to be all that noticeable, until you turn it off. Then you'll realize just how much better it sounded with it turned on :p

*Except for the 8-Bit pulses and noise channels. Don't use it on those, it actually just makes them sound worse (and even louder than before).

Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and attach it, just in case someone who sees this is just starting out in WL4-mixing, and maybe doesn't know you can save presets for the little Fruity tabs for future use after you put the values in, or forgets the finer frequency, like I often did when I started out :freesmile: (especially true here, because this isn't the original version of the preset. I actually had to remake it from scratch back in August :Y)

Attachments

• WL4 Decompressor (Fruity Free Filter).zip
    282 bytes · Views: 340
  • Creative
Yeah, that's kinda like sharpening a blurred image though. I'll look into it to see how well it sounds.

• Agree
I think I still have the .wav files of the soundtracks. But they're kinda big and I don't know what the best place would be to upload these.
I believe Dropbox supports files up to 50gb which I'd have to image the .wav files are much less than that, but I'm not sure if that's for premium users only or if free users get that as well. I think MEGA also supports large files

I've compressed all the .wav files together in a .zip and it's still about 2.5gb. Unfortunately, my secondary Dropbox (meant for sharing stuff with others) cannot handle that.
For now I've used UploadFiles.io to temporarily store this online (30 days counting from today). You can download the zip with the .wav files here:
Uploadfiles.io - [wav] Wario Land 4 - High Quality Soundtracks.zip

If there's very high demand for these files, I will consider looking into more permanent measures. I don't really want to create accounts as this just adds more management on my part.

So grab it while it lasts. ;)

I've compressed all the .wav files together in a .zip and it's still about 2.5gb. Unfortunately, my secondary Dropbox (meant for sharing stuff with others) cannot handle that.
For now I've used UploadFiles.io to temporarily store this online (30 days counting from today). You can download the zip with the .wav files here:
Uploadfiles.io - [wav] Wario Land 4 - High Quality Soundtracks.zip

If there's very high demand for these files, I will consider looking into more permanent measures. I don't really want to create accounts as this just adds more management on my part.

So grab it while it lasts. ;)
Thank you very much! I truly appreciate it! :^)

I may have an idea so that I can store these wav files more permanently online.
What I need is about 5 people that could install dropbox using my referral link:
Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox!

This'll give me 2.5gb of free space, which is enough to keep these files online.
So if you guys are interested in keeping these .wav files alive, you'll know what to do. ;)

• Optimistic
Back