How would you summarize the typical Wario fan?

KingDragonWario

Virtual Boy Apologist
For example, are there any stereotypes that you'd apply to fans of the Big W and his games?

One I realize is that we tend to be... on the weirder side of things. Especially when looking at a few of the members here. Doesn't come as much a shock though since the Wario series was essentially conceived as a more twisted take on the Mario franchise, much like its titular protagonist.

Last edited:
Much more reasonable than the average fan of any other series.

Compared to Sonic fans, Minecraft fans or Five Nights at Freddy's fans, we're arguably the most sane people around.

I don't believe in fandom stereotypes, if we were to go by that cute Sonic fandom example and the assumptions that come with it that would mean that I'm a total furry fucking nutcase, because I like a franchise revolving around a blue hedgehog that runs fast and everyone here can easily tell that I'm not, regardless of the fact that I like Sanic.

Every fanbase has it's bad apples and you hear more about them simply because they are loud and make headlines, using those Bad examples as an example of a typical fan or a repressentation of a fandom at large (regardless of what franchise) is doing the normal fans a massive disservice, which is why I think that this "this is a typical fan" BS needs to go away, it really only serves to fire potshots at people, after all I don't say that the Metroid fanbase is just an assortment of entitled crybabys, regardless of how infantile some fans can act (Tropical Freeze reveal anyone?).

We all have different reasons and ways to enjoy the Wario series, trying to create the image of a "typical fan" is essentially creating contrived expectations for how a Wario fan will act, when in reality we all are interesting individuals with our own ways to live out this shared fandom, we don't need stereotypes. Then again I'm just against stereotypes in general, so that might be part of why I'm so strongly against this.

Last edited:
I don't believe in fandom stereotypes, if we were to go by that cute Sonic fandom example and the assumptions that come with it that would mean that I'm a total furry fucking nutcase, because I like a franchise revolving around a blue hedgehog that runs fast and everyone here can easily tell that I'm not, regardless of the fact that I like Sanic.

Every fanbase has it's bad apples and you hear more about them simply because they are loud and make headlines, using those Bad examples as an example of a typical fan or a repressentation of a fandom at large (regardless of what franchise) is doing the normal fans a massive disservice, which is why I think that this "this is a typical fan" BS needs to go away, it really only serves to fire potshots at people, after all I don't say that the Metroid fanbase is just an assortment of entitled crybabys, regardless of how infantile some fans can act (Tropical Freeze reveal anyone?).

We all have different reasons and ways to enjoy the Wario series, trying to create the image of a "typical fan" is essentially creating contrived expectations for how a Wario fan will act, when in reality we all are interesting individuals with our own ways to live out this shared fandom, we don't need stereotypes. Then again I'm just against stereotypes in general, so that might be part of why I'm so strongly against this.

I guess. But how many crazy Wario fans do you know?

Waluigis-girl was pretty crazy though she seems to have disappeared

SsKhA68.png

do i click...

I guess. But how many crazy Wario fans do you know?
None, but that's not what I'm trying to get at, the image of an "average xxxx fan" only ever serves for the purpose of firing potshots and easy insults. To go back to Sonic, does anyone ever talk about the huge amount of often extremly ambitious ROM hacks or the completely Sonic centric Childs Play charity streams from two years ago ? Of course nobody does that, because it doesn't fit into the idealized idea that everyone who dares to be a Sonic fan is lowlife scum that don't deserve any creditability, the good stuff get's ignored while the bad stuff (shit like the "green eyes" argument,Chris Chan and Sonic Passion are highly frowned upon within the fanbase) get's highlighted and generalised as if it applied to EVERY fan, because it makes for an easy target to attack.

We can do very well without that kind of toxic garbage.

That's how stereotypes work in general. Take aspects that apply to some, usually the kind that depicts them exactly how you want them to be depicted (often in a negative light), and say (or imply, at the very least) that it applies to every member of the group. Which is a bad thing.

But the Wario fandom isn't really expansive or notable enough to have such stereotypes for the most part, which I guess is a blessing and a curse.

I agree with warelander on this one.
All this does is drag a fanbase through the mud. It always happens. Just recently it happened to the Steven Universe fandom, now it's happening to the Undertale fandom. It's really friggin' dumb.
Just as dumb as hating on a game or show for its fanbase. There are people who hate Fnaf because they've had negative experiences with Fnaf fans. That makes no sense. It doesn't mean that all Fnaf fans are like that and it doesn't make the game bad.
I don't even care much for Fnaf but it's just not fair to demonize the entire demographic AND the game because of a few annoying or weird people.

It's just like when.... No, I shouldn't get political on this forum. It's not the place for it.
Let's just say, "Don't judge!"
There. :p

The one punch-man fandom wasn't doing so well either, just a bunch of anime lovers going "MEH! THIS ANIME IS MAKING ANIME LOOK CRAPPY" even though the anime makes anime look awesome. People will always hate a fandom.

But how I'd summarize the typical Wario fan? Well..."We need more Wario land! We need more Wario's! Less Ashley, she no no part of the original. I liked Warioware before Ashley joined. HIP!"

Well, he did ask me to summarize the everyday Wario fan, most people here don't have Ashley as their favorite simply because she's not from the original characters, and seems people hate that she's the only one who get's attention from Nintendo.

Weird, it's like Wario fans want the others to get attention as well.

For me it's not because she's not part of the original cast. If she was, that wouldn't make her more or less appealing to me. I just like some of the others more.

Well, he did ask me to summarize the everyday Wario fan, most people here don't have Ashley as their favorite simply because she's not from the original characters, and seems people hate that she's the only one who get's attention from Nintendo.

No one has said that they don't like Ashley because she's not an original.

Last edited:
Yeah, isn't that fronking weird.
What if Nintendo shifted all attention to Rosalina and only Rosalina. You would like to see the other Mario characters get attention as well right? Wouldn't you? Well sucks to be you! You live in a (Wario) world with 9000 Rosalina badges, Rosalina toys, Rosalina body pillows, Rosalina neighbors and Rosalina as the president of Nintendo. And Mario? He lives in a box now in his mom's backyard. Mama mia...
It's basically the same situation for WarioWare fans and Wario fans in general with Ashley. I might have exaggerated a little bit...

Whoa, it'd be pretty weird to have Rosalina's as my neighbors. Too bad Ashley isn't my neighbor, I'd go make friends with wall dem Ashley's.

a whole world of only Ashley's and everyone lives in Mansions. An all Ashley world.

Back